How can any of you say this is not launch?

Gnaar

Even the co-founders of Bioware say's it's launch...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=286#edit286

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game.

We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game.

Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be with you!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

So you're calling the co-founders of BioWare liars? Shame on you.

you are taking the term launch way to literal in the way they are using it in that paragraph. yes, the game itself is "launching" today for ega, but the "official" launch is the 20th. its semantics and can/will be debated to no end.

guys the sky isnt blue. actually its not even there until the all mighty creator is finished on the 7th day

Are you saying's the sky is a tangible thing? Because it isn't.

Edited by Gnaar

Did you even read my post drone?

The co-founders of Bioware say it's launched today.

Today is launch.

So someone disagrees with you...you decide to call them names?

Typical.

Unless you can go to the store right now, pick up a copy from the shelf, pay for it, walk out, go home, install and play....it is not yet official launch. It is Pre-Launch.

Go ahead and call me names for disagreeing.

That's what trolls do.

Fine, if you want to consider this as the official launch and if you get in today or anytime before the 20th, I'll be waiting for your thread in approx. one month complaining about why Bioware charged you for the extra days.

That is actually a really good point!

These days are absolutely free if you pre-ordered. The clock doesn't officially start until the 20th. That is when your 30-day free starts and you have to enter a CC# or game time card along with your software key to keep playing. Is that good enough for you OP?

Yes, the servers launched today. The service does not "officially" launch until the 20th.

So someone disagrees with you...you decide to call them names?

Typical.

Unless you can go to the store right now, pick up a copy from the shelf, pay for it, walk out, go home, install and play....it is not yet official launch. It is Pre-Launch.

Go ahead and call me names for disagreeing.

That's what trolls do.

Drone isn't an insult, it implies he didn't read my post. I'm just being RP. :rolleyes:

Are you saying's the sky is a tangible thing? Because it isn't.

Actually, it is.

But regardless, an official launch and an early entry are completely different things. I don't agree with how it was handled although I understand the reasons, but launch is the 20th.

tangible on a molecular level. the sky has actual mass

i like baklavah

The sky is just a name for the many different layers of molecules up der, it is not a single 'entity' or thing or whatever.

Yunno's, like time'ses and stuff's.

You're a fun guy, we should play togeather ingame.

Edited by Gnaar

So you're calling the co-founders of BioWare liars? Shame on you.

Nope, CO-founders didn't lie, they are launching, they also say this is only the beginning.

That something is launching does not mean it IS Launched.

Launching = Future/ongoing tense (this part is where they are right now)

Launch = Specific/Present tense (this part is where they'll be at the 20th)

Launched = Past/happened tense (this part is where they'll be at the 21st)

Happy to help educate you.

The sky is just a name for the many different layers of molecules up der, it is not a single 'entity' or thing or whatever.

Yunno's, like time'ses and stuff's.

You're a fun guy, we should play togeather ingame.

as long as we can spoon while talking about sub molecular equations * cue music *

NERD LOVE..............