PvP is improperly balanced...

Baron_Samedi

Don't know how is it on the other servers, but on my server Imperials are dominating PVP over every border.

And why? Because Sorcerers and Bounty Hunters are far to powerful to play against.

For example, not 15 minutes ago I witnessed 5 - 5! - DPS attacking 1 Sith Sorcerer, who was constantly cured, either by him or by other 2 bounty hunters.

So this does not turn into article, I will now point my observations:

• 3 healers connected to a ring of healing are absolutely impossible to be destroyed, even with the army of DPS with battlemaster expertise. Add to them only 2 - 2! - opponent dps or tanks, and you have situation where 5 men can effectively destroy 20. Ok, you cannot have 20 men in pvp, but take this as a range. If you doubt, please look at the stats that I look daily: 1 sorc has bout 35 kills per game, even more. And it is ALWAYS top 3 places for Sorc or BH.
  • these 2 classes have abundance of ccs. I think that if they fart, they will have cc on it. Of course - devs put Resolute - that needs in BEST case scenario 2 minutes to refill. Not to mention that sorcs have cc in lighting, on agro, pushaway etc.
  • if you try to interrupt, you will find that force kick needs bout 45 sec to refill. DARK HEAL does not need refill. And 4 dark heals in row will replenish a player of 14.000 hp COMPLETELY. Witnessed that myself.
  • both classes have RANGE attack that makes whole thing whole lot of easier to kill. As a Guardian or Sentinel, you have force leap - nice - that NEVER makes, for example, pushback or stun. Further more, I have champion gear where it says that after force leap I do 10% more damage. Best thing - NEVER NOTICED THE CHANGE from my regular gear.
  • what is the result? Don't know how are things at other servers, but in my server, people started to drop from pvp. Before, almost every game ended normally. NOW, about 60% of games end in 120 seconds.

So what I propose?

• First EITHER reduce the time for interuption casts OR make healing casts weaker OR make cooldown for healings longer.
  • Add more interuption attacks or make some of the attacks interuptable. Never understood how a person can make a HEALING SCAN while he is pounded with Slash or Saber Throw. All that should be interuptable, and only simple right mouse button saber attack should not be.
  • Add more anti-cc to a tank class or dps class. After all they are TANKS. A tank's definition is that he bursts through. Hence, should be something like berserk mode where you cannot be cc-d. Also, cooldown should be bout 2 min for it.
  • CAP the number of healers that can go to war zone. 2 is the max of max - and you can cap it by profession. Only 2 sages/scoundrels/vanguards can be in game (of course, can be /sage/scoundrel, sage/vanguard etc...)

Also, it would be really nice that Expertise gear actually mean something. That, for example, when I attack 1 on 1 sorcerer without expertise gear, I don't loose because of all the cc and all the damage, and that my expertise gear actually works.

For example, it says that it adds 15% more for a heal. I made a test: I went to a zone with normal gear (that I keep in bay) and cured myself with pvp medipac. Got 35% back.

THEN I put expertise gear and went to zone, cured myself - and got 35% heal??? What the hell does that expertise stands then for?

Of course I will not threaten that I will quit etc, etc, blah, blah. It is stupid. I am writing this because I really enjoy this game (although it frustrates me some times) and would like to make it better. As you can see, these are 2 hours of tamping over programs and you will GREATLY improve the feeling of the game.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Baron_Samedi

Don't know how is it on the other servers, but on my server Imperials are dominating PVP over every border.

And why? Because Sorcerers and Bounty Hunters are far to powerful to play against.

Ever heard of sages and troopers? And no, they aren't. Rep's win 90% of our WZ's on our server, even against teams mostly full of sorc's and bh's.

Also, it would be really nice that Expertise gear actually mean something.

lol? Doing 15% more damage and taking 15% less isn't enough for you?

That, for example, when I attack 1 on 1 sorcerer without expertise gear, I don't loose because of all the cc and all the damage, and that my expertise gear actually works.

Yeah, you of course should automatically win because you have better gear, right?

For example, it says that it adds 15% more for a heal. I made a test: I went to a zone with normal gear (that I keep in bay) and cured myself with pvp medipac. Got 35% back.

THEN I put expertise gear and went to zone, cured myself - and got 35% heal??? What the hell does that expertise stands then for?

So the medpack that heals for 35%, only heals for 35%?

See above.

loose

tight.

Edited by Jebi

Also, it would be really nice that Expertise gear actually mean something. That, for example, when I attack 1 on 1 sorcerer without expertise gear, I don't loose because of all the cc and all the damage, and that my expertise gear actually works.

When I clicked on this thread, the first thing I saw was some nice formatting so I thought, "Cool, there might be some valid/interesting points in this thread."

Then I started reading and got a little disappointed...

Then I got to this section and just laughed out loud. Everyone else in the Starbucks now thinks I'm a crazy person. :D

i love when i come into a thread and see people bashing one class and forgetting their side got a mirror that is also a PAIN we gotta deal with.

Yup dang those sorcs and Bh the empire got ... after all the reps are still waiting the sages and troopers be implemented , i for on dont see at least 5 per wz of those together ... :rolleyes:

I have suggested something similar and was rediculed by the healers (even though I am a healer) that they are punished as it is.

What these healers dont realize is that they want to make PvP a WoW like game where fights can be an epic long fight like cricket match that last for 5 days.

So unless this changes its going to be a very "fun" PvP where all rated PvPers are going to have teams consisting of 4 or more healers. Meaning that most battles be run against the clock to see who is able to get to door A to B in VoidStar and who is stupider in Civil War in not stopping the capper.

Huttball would be a long winded affair of who gets the ball and who managed to outheal their ball carrers to get over the line.

So yea I dont see PvP much fun soon.

Ever heard of sages and troopers? And no, they aren't. Rep's win 90% of our WZ's on our server, even against teams mostly full of sorc's and bh's.

Then I ask you - really I do, no irony or something - that you write how they do this. Because I am here only vocalizing that I hear over /1.

lol? Doing 15% more damage and taking 15% less isn't enough for you?

That's precisely my point - its not doing it. I didn't notice bigger difference.

See for yourself: if you have rough time to get more expensive and more rare gear - and pvp gear is the top, imho - then this gear, YES, should mean something.

Yeah, you of course should automatically win because you have better gear, right?

Well, it SHOULD give you an edge. Otherwise - why to buy this gear?

Would you buy a super-duper expensive car in rl just to see that this is similar to the 30$-chopshopmade-scraper?

So the medpack that heals for 35%, only heals for 35%?

my mistake here... I was misinformed that exp gear bonuses apply to ALL, including cubes and medpacs.

Well, I am just a newbie, never played no mmorpg b4 (not even wow). I still learn.

Now, I play Guardian, tank/dps. A good balance between endurance and strength. And my primary targets are sorc/bh. And all that I wrote - I wrote from experience.

Just look at the other threads here, you will see that many people are complaining about healer dominance.

When I clicked on this thread, the first thing I saw was some nice formatting so I thought, "Cool, there might be some valid/interesting points in this thread."

Then I started reading and got a little disappointed...

Then I got to this section and just laughed out loud. Everyone else in the Starbucks now thinks I'm a crazy person. :D

Yeah, as I said - my bad on this one.

But other points still stand.

And I didn't propose these points up just like that, I asked few people in my guild what they think.

i love when i come into a thread and see people bashing one class and forgetting their side got a mirror that is also a PAIN we gotta deal with.

Yup dang those sorcs and Bh the empire got ... after all the reps are still waiting the sages and troopers be implemented , i for on dont see at least 5 per wz of those together ... :rolleyes:

Excuse me, but do you pay attention. I was writing about SAGES and VANGUARD and SCOUNDREL as well?

Lookit, peeps... All I can say is that something's not right if you have ALL matches ending similar: top 6 places reserved for healers and ALL of them have at least 30 kills and NO DEATHS AT ALL.

Also, with I propose, this 3 proposals seem ok too.

(1) Grant Resolve on immobilize (which goes for all classes which use the same mechanic as well)

(2) Move the talent that grants immobilize on KB further up the tree

(3) Slghtly increase the Force cost of some powers

(kweassa, 02.24.2012 , 08:34 AM)

3 healers cross healing are going to be invincible in almost every mmo

Not if you make the changes I wrote.

In that way they will have tougher time healing and will have to make split-second decisions: to heal the protective DPS or another healer.

NOW they can do BOTH, comfortably.

With these changes, they would have to do that split-second choice (that can be wrong).

This is a thinly veiled nerf sorc/sage thread made by a player who claims 5 people couldn't focus down one person. Nothing to see here.

Oh, your opinion matters very much. lol

Now, lets see why your opinion is worthless: YES; 5 people can take down 1 person in focus.

Now, that 1 person should be healer.

What if you have 2 or 3 healers in chain + say, 2 dps and 1 tank.

You will need, with your own words 15 peeps for healers ALONE to neutralize the "chain heal" effect.

And you are allowed only 8 players inside.

Go drink your milk, boy.

Now, lets see why your opinion is worthless: YES; 5 people can take down 1 person in focus.

You will need, with your own words 15 peeps for healers ALONE to neutralize the "chain heal" effect.

Go drink your milk, boy.

You clearly read Zaodon's PvP Guide to Crying for Nerfs before making this thread, good job!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=154012

Obviously expertise is referring to 15% more healing done by healing skills you have and use on players in pvp, not by consumables or healing you receive from any source. So, if another player has 15% expertise bonus, then his heals on you will be stronger. If he doesn't, then it doesn't matter your expertise, he's the one doing the healing skill. If you're not a healer, what you care about is that expertise is helping your damage output TO a PLAYER or COMPANION in PVP, and reducing the damage you take FROM a player or companion in PVP, so its pretty useful for everyone. So, also note, it's not going to change the damage you take from traps in hutt ball as far as I know- just the damage from the other players.

You clearly read Zaodon's PvP Guide to Crying for Nerfs before making this thread, good job!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=154012

Do you have normal argument on points on 1st page or you just came here to insult?

Seriously... geez.

Read what I wrote b4 you say something. I didn't nerf out: simplest way to resolve all this is that I open up new char on other server, sith sorcerer or any other healer.

And case closed.

Also, please all bear in mind, that if you have great strategies for DPS - or you know threads/sites - that

COUNTER THE HEALING RING

I would really thank you if you could post it.

I started this thread because just because I couldn't find them. Was actually looking for them b4 I logged and started writing.

Go drink your milk, boy.

Interrupts and cc exist for a reason.

This thread is still just a thinly veiled nerf sorc/sage thread and there's still nothing to see here. Except, maybe.......

Oh, your opinion matters very much. lol Go drink your milk, boy.

Seriously? Lol!

I actually think PvP here is extremely well balanced between all the classes. I think I've seen nerf calls for just about every single AC there is.

As to your specific ranting about healers being too tough, I must disagree. On average, I'd say it takes two DPS to take down 1 healer. Between the two of you, you have enough interupts and CC to prevent healing for the first 6-8 seconds of combat and enough DPS to overcome their personal healing. A single skilled dps'er can take down a single poor healer whilst a good healer can survive multiple average DPS'ers.

Thats the way it should be imo. I like the fact that stacking healers can work. But, is it effective?

I've always found that teams with too many healers simply lack the DPS to actually win anything. Sure, they can defend turrets and doors easily, but they lack the DPS to kill people when attacking, so it balances out.

Also, whats to stop your team stacking healers?

There are counters to every situation. Against a team with multiple healers, having a tank pull one of their healers away, snare and kd is usually enough to separate them from their own support and get them down. If you are having that much trouble then its your DPS that is failing, rather than their healing that is winning. Relic + Adrenal + any other CD's and your DPS should put out 5k damage in 2 GCDs each, so get a few of you together and just focus fire, then switch target and repeat.

For example, not 15 minutes ago I witnessed 5 - 5! - DPS attacking 1 Sith Sorcerer, who was constantly cured, either by him or by other 2 bounty hunters.

So this does not turn into article, I will now point my observations:

DARK HEAL does not need refill. And 4 dark heals in row will replenish a player of 14.000 hp COMPLETELY. Witnessed that myself.

Dark heal in full rakata, with rakata medpac and sorcerer buffs does about 1600 on the high end. Suppose 2 out of 4 crit, and pretend pvp gear was 15% better from expertise (ignoring the worse willpower stats, and ignoring the heal penalty from bolster in warzones), then you're looking about 10k heals (extremely generous estimate) over 6 seconds. To get two crits the healer was really lucky or used a 3 minute adrenal/relic. In 6 seconds, I could do at least 4-5k damage as a heal spec, so a dps class should be able to match the heal rate, and two would certainly overcome it. If you have two people focused on a guy getting focus healed, then you are idiots anyway- target the healer and ****. Also, that guy was seriously well geared and knew what he was doing to get that 10k, so props. Your 15k magician? Well, my guess is that you didn't notice the other 1-2 people healing the guy and the rakata medpac he popped. BTW- 14k HP means that guy being shot at was horribly geared, so his armor rating was awful, why didn't you melt him? Learn to pvp.

Also, please all bear in mind, that if you have great strategies for DPS - or you know threads/sites - that

COUNTER THE HEALING RING

I would really thank you if you could post it.

I started this thread because just because I couldn't find them. Was actually looking for them b4 I logged and started writing.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that one good DPS class with reasonable burst is enough to make a healer stop healing other people, and concentrate on their own survival (or die. Often they'll die whether they are trying or not). If you've got 5 people to kill 5 healers (or whatever numbers apply), why not just have one split off onto each healer. Then it's like 5 separate 1v1 battles, and their healers will ALL die.

It's called teamwork, not zerg-work.

On my server republic always have the same 3 sages healing in every warzone, I´m usually all by myself healing empire, we win most of the time just because they dont have enough dps, they tend to focus me I just los them and drag them away and let my team capture/plant/score.