Appearance Armor

Ludanyke

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
as a bounty hunter i really love any armour that is related to mandalorians however all the pvp champion - battlmaster armour looks horrible however has realy great stats but like i said i wouldent get cought dead i that armour and like many others in my guild n close friends would like to take the weaker armour the legionary armour that is an alsom looking bh/mandalorian armour n where it as an apprarance too look cool and be stronger, to be continued

i thank it is a horrible thing not to be able to where appreance armour, think about it iff everyone wants to be the best they can be eventually everyone will be sporting the same pvp or pve armour and no one will look diffrent i simply thank we should have the right to be strong as we can be and at the same time add diversity to the game by being able to express our selvs by whereing wat we want for instance me where the astronought looking armour as a pvp battlemaster bounty hunter (bh) but able to look cool n not like a astronought by whereing the cooler armours that speak my personality, to be continued again!

the deziners have made fantastick armour but all of that designe and effort put into the making of really nice armours and clothes is waisted in time just a fashion of the past, take time to look at the lower lvl armours in my case the legionary armour purchased in dorman kaas from pvp vendor it looks sweet ; however is bad as i wish to where that armour i cannot because to be the best i can be i must where stronger armours that arnt "my cup of tea" soo the making of thies armours that look realy nice and speak my charter cannot be worn any more or i am not as strong as i should be and like i said a waist of the designers time if we cannot still were the armour,

Works well in wow. They're still updating it, but I have to say the did pretty good for just a first attempt.

See the sexy red armor on my avatar? That is what I want to wear. Make it happen before you find yourself devoured by pandas (a rather embarrassing and arguabely dishonorable defeat).

Edited by Ishko

Works well in wow. They're still updating it, but I have to say the did pretty good for just a first attempt.

See the sexy red armor on my avatar? That is what I want to wear. Make it happen before you find yourself devoured by pandas (a rather embarrassing and arguabely dishonorable defeat).

They have had it in EQ2 forever and EVERYONE uses appearance armor ... its pretty much a standard thing to do

and you see even i would want to buy the crafted armor if i cold "wear it over my battlemaster armour, there for this would satisfuy all players in the game as a whole in more than one way othere than just expreshion somthing to add to the 1.2 update

and you see even i would want to buy the crafted armor if i cold "wear it over my battlemaster armour, there for this would satisfuy all players in the game as a whole in more than one way othere than just expreshion somthing to add to the 1.2 update

there ya go making sense again... :rolleyes:

I can't believe how clueless some people can be.

They come to the forums, requesting a feature / whining about an issue without even reading the upcoming patch notes.

Ok children, and ADD sufferers, let me explain something.

CURRENTLY in game, u can take any orange piece of the same armor class (medium, heavy, etc) strip the mods out, and put your own in, so that u can essentially look like anything you want to, within your armor class.

IN 1.2 You can strip the MODS / STATS / SET BONUSES from PVP and RAID gear and ALL purples, to either put them in a DIFFERENT purple, or ORANGE of the same armor class.

IN 1.2 You can also choose to match all colours to chest.

IN 1.2 You can reverse engineer ANY ARMOR PIECE IN THE GAME and learn how to create an ORANGE version of said item.

This game already has an *appearance tab* You just have to understand how to use it / work to find the gear / craft it / mod it.

To sum up. If you can wear it, you can look like it. And before you start complaining.. oh but i can't have a smuggler in consular robes... well, consider that MOST games with an appearance tab also limit the gear you can "wear over the top* based on armor class also.

There is no point adding an appearance tab into the game, to do what already can be done / is being expanded upon in the update.

G G

They come to the forums, requesting a feature / whining about an issue without even reading the upcoming patch notes.

CURRENTLY in game, u can take any orange piece of the same armor class (medium, heavy, etc) strip the mods out, and put your own in, so that u can essentially look like anything you want to, within your armor class.

IN 1.2 You can strip the MODS / STATS / SET BONUSES from PVP and RAID gear and ALL purples, to either put them in a DIFFERENT purple, or ORANGE of the same armor class.

IN 1.2 You can reverse engineer ANY ARMOR PIECE IN THE GAME and learn how to create an ORANGE version of said item.

This game already has an *appearance tab* You just have to understand how to use it / work to find the gear / craft it / mod it.

To sum up. If you can wear it, you can look like it. And before you start complaining.. oh but i can't have a smuggler in consular robes... well, consider that MOST games with an appearance tab also limit the gear you can "wear over the top* based on armor class also.

There is no point adding an appearance tab into the game, to do what already can be done / is being expanded upon in the update.

G G

It's not the same thing, it's BioWare's version with the one major difference that you have to pay a huge credit sink cost to use it. No other MMO's appearance type of armor or appearance tab ever made you pay ingame money to use it , afaik.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

G G

In addition to what Tricky said, the orange craftable armor requires a critical crafting

success, which is not easy to get (assuming I'm reading the grumbling on the forums correctly). That means that crafters can't RE schematics for it, you have to get lucky crafting purples. Which is an incredibly stupid way to set-up a substitute for an appearance tab.

It's not the same thing, it's BioWare's version with the one major difference that you have to pay a huge credit sink cost to use it. No other MMO's appearance type of armor or appearance tab ever made you pay ingame money to use it , afaik.

Im sorry but this reason is invalid.

Just because you have to pay credits to be able to customise your appearance doesn't mean it doesn't achieve the desired results, you're just complaining that you have to part with your EAST TO COME BY credits to use it... Really?

Consider Rift, first 1 or 2 appearance tabs are free, then if you want more, you have to pay through the @ss for them.

Consider WoW.. Transmorgrification? Costs gold every time you want to transfer the look to another item.

Consider Aion. Costs a ***** tonne of gold to transfer the looks from 1 piece to another and they even restrict some pieces from being able to do this.

If you think the system that SWToR has is lacking in depth or is too harsh on cost / inaccessible, im sorry but you're simply wrong. Just as you were wrong about the costs in other games i have just pointed out.

In addition to what Tricky said, the orange craftable armor requires a critical crafting

success, which is not easy to get (assuming I'm reading the grumbling on the forums correctly). That means that crafters can't RE schematics for it, you have to get lucky crafting purples. Which is an incredibly stupid way to set-up a substitute for an appearance tab.

Again, you haven't read all the notes / played on the PTR.

Crit crafting an ORANGE doesn't take a purple to orange. You crit craft an orange schematic that you already have, and the crit gives you an augment slot.

Also The robot that we get on our ship will now achieve much MUCH higher crit rates than your normal companions. It's not just a 2-5% chance anymore. Its far more common, but still uncommon enough to be exciting when it happens.

Also, you seem to be arguing against a system that would then value crafters / crew skills.. The ability to actually MAKE USEFUL stuff that ppl would want / need to tweak their appearance is a GREAT idea. Anyone how disagrees is just a "i want it NOW!! little instant gratification seeking child..." (imo)

Also, your discounting the already considerable amount of oranges available in the game already. Not to mention since the purples are becoming strippable, you could essentially use them as oranges also..

Im sorry, but again, anyone who argues that the system is lacking depth just doesn't understand.. Just coz it isn't a shiny, easy to see for joe dumb@ss - appearance tab.. ppl want to complain lol

Im sorry but this reason is invalid.

Just because you have to pay credits to be able to customise your appearance doesn't mean it doesn't achieve the desired results, you're just complaining that you have to part with your EASy TO COME BY credits to use it... Really?

Consider Rift, first 1 or 2 appearance tabs are free, then if you want more, you have to pay through the @ss for them.

Consider WoW.. Transmorgrification? Costs gold every time you want to transfer the look to another item.

Consider Aion. Costs a ***** tonne of gold to transfer the looks from 1 piece to another and they even restrict some pieces from being able to do this.

If you think the system that SWToR has is lacking in depth or is too harsh on cost / inaccessible, im sorry but you're simply wrong. Just as you were wrong about the costs in other games i have just pointed out.

Like I said , it was as far as I knew & not having played WoW or AION I did not know that. I guess I was panicing. I just hope that BioWare keeps the credit costs to remove mods down a bit then, especially at end level gear.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

I personally would love an appearance tab.

Pro's

-Players will collect multiple items just so they can play around with their appearance tab.

-Players will have multiple costume set ups for fun things like role playing, guild events, or just wanting to look goofy that night.

-Players can use anything they can naturally wear as their appearance item. Be the quality white, green, blue, or purple, the players get to chose how they look without it effecting their stats.

-The devs can stop trying to come up with innovative ways to fix their broken mod system

-The devs can stop trying to figure out a way to transfer pre 1.2 set bonuses with the mods.

-The devs can stop coding an orange equivalent for every white, green, and blue item in the game

-The devs can stop wasting development time on their orange mod system and start working on actual content.

Con's

-none