New intro videos

Dbohrius

From the patch notes to version 6.2.1:

General

The game’s intro movies and logos have been updated! Players’ “auto skip movies” setting has been reset so that everyone can see them at least once, though the option still exists to skip these after the first login post-patch.

Apparently I blinked and then missed the new intro and logo, as I my attention was directed somewhere else when I logged in. How can I watch it again? Playing the cinematics doesn't seem to work.

It seems we were lied to. There are no new "intro movies", just a new advertisement blip for EAware. That's it. Nothing else. Telling us that there were new movies and everything was reset so that we didn't miss anything was, to me, a clear bait and switch. I was disappointed to say the least.

From the patch notes to version 6.2.1:

Apparently I blinked and then missed the new intro and logo, as I my attention was directed somewhere else when I logged in. How can I watch it again? Playing the cinematics doesn't seem to work.

There was no new intro, it was just three separate company logo animations for Bioware, Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm.

The Bioware logo had an animation with Malgus and a Jedi.

Electronic Arts was just text on screen.

Lucasfilm logo uses the standard Lucasfilm animation effect on text you see in every movie.

According to patch notes:

The game’s intro movies and logos have been updated! Players’ “auto skip movies” setting has been reset so that everyone can see them at least once, though the option still exists to skip these after the first login post-patch.

Indeed the “auto skip movies” setting has been reset on my computer, yet the intro movies played only once, i.e. the first time I logged in. They didn't show up during subsequent log-ins.

Apparently, BioWare and I define "Intro Movies" very differently.

An "Intro Movie" is like Deceived, Hope, Return, etc. What we got was new animated logo splash screens.

I mean, they are pretty cool, but...

Apparently, BioWare and I define "Intro Movies" very differently.

An "Intro Movie" is like Deceived, Hope, Return, etc. What we got was new animated logo splash screens.

I mean, they are pretty cool, but...

I always thought of Deceived etc. as been more like trailers than intro movies. The thing that *I* would call an intro movie is the thing that plays when you begin a new character, that introduces you to your new character and the story. (The announcement left me a bit surprised, since they reworked those story-intro sequences only a few years ago, and the new ones are all pretty nice already.)

But yeah, the thing they were talking about is, indeed, an animated splash screen.

The thing that *I* would call an intro movie is the thing that plays when you begin a new character, that introduces you to your new character and the story.

Yeah, I totally agree. While those cutscenes are basically just like any other cutscene (in that they use game graphics) they are longer than most, and actually include a opening text crawl, just like the introduction of every Star Wars movie.