Scheduled Maintenance: October 22nd, 2014

TaitWatson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imperial Crate (Single), Imperial Crate (Stacked), Republic Crate (Single), and Republic Crate (Stacked) have been added to the Galactic Starfighter and Warzone Decoration Vendors.

AWESOME, GUYS. :D

Finally my DK stronghold will be completed. Time to wreck havoc, mayhem and suffering on PvP. :rak_03:

Is the 12x xp indicator not making it into this patch?

What a perfect question to ask!

I just found out that we are going to be moving the maintenance out one day to the 22nd in order to get the 12x XP indicator into the patch. I will update all the messaging right now!

What a perfect question to ask!

I just found out that we are going to be moving the maintenance out one day to the 22nd in order to get the 12x XP indicator into the patch. I will update all the messaging right now!

the aussies will not like this.

Patch Notes for 2.10.2 have been posted. Exploit notes will be added after the maintenance, as usual!

• Imperial Crate (Single), Imperial Crate (Stacked), Republic Crate (Single), and Republic Crate (Stacked) have been added to the Galactic Starfighter and Warzone Decoration Vendors.
  • Numerous art fixes to The Legacy of the Rakata Flashpoint.
  • The Decoration “Slot Machine: Smuggler’s Gambit” is now available for 1c from the Binary Star Reputation Vendor.

Nice fixes thank you.

Now (and trying very hard not to weight on the hammer too much), could we possibly get a word on the XP toggle/slider please? At least for future XP bonus weeks events?

Edited by Deewe

The Decoration “Slot Machine: Smuggler’s Gambit” is now available for 1c from the Binary Star Reputation Vendor.

The german translations of the patch notes are incomplete. This issue is missing.

Yep, this was added this morning (as I needed the last bits of information for it), and the German and French notes will be update ASAP.

Edited by TaitWatson

Asked this last week. Don't think I got a response. So gonna ask again

Since game launch players have a general understanding that Tuesday is the regular maintenance day. Base on that expectation, guilds/groups tend to schedule raids/activities between Wednesday to Monday. Over the years, there have been numerous downtimes happened on Wednesday (some urgent patches, some "scheduled"), and it seems to happen more often on Wednesdays in recent months. Should players adjust their expectations and avoid scheduling activities on Wednesday?

Previously we were told that "scheduled maintenance" would be communicated to the players by Friday the week before. Has that changed?

Bare in mind that Wednesday is popular due to it being the first day after weekly reset. And there are some less-hardcore guilds/groups who only schedule activity for one night a week.

Trying to be reasonable, but seriously we are losing confidence and expectation. Guilds may as well not arrange anything in advance and everyone just go casual pick up group.

Edited by Banegio

Ever since the warning for maintenance has gone up on the launcher I cant get passed "initializing" on the launcher after i log in and get this message:

"This application has encountered an unspecified error" "please try this patch again"

Someone please explain.

Thanks for ruining another night of raiding by changing maintenance to Wednesday night.

why is it not possible to change the time of maintenance if you must change the day?

Guess the community team learned nothing from Snave's stream, sad really.

Edited by Blitz-wing

Hmm....another night of raiding lost...oh well, guess I will just have to enjoy the world outside of my house for an evening, or read a book, or hit up the pub, or do something to occupy my time...lol quit ************ people, there is a whole world outside of this game ya know....

Since game launch players have a general understanding that Tuesday is the regular maintenance day. Base on that expectation, guilds/groups tend to schedule raids/activities between Wednesday to Monday. Over the years, there have been numerous downtimes happened on Wednesday (some urgent patches, some "scheduled"), and it seems to happen more often on Wednesdays in recent months. Should players adjust their expectations and avoid scheduling activities on Wednesday?

Previously we were told that "scheduled maintenance" would be communicated to the players by Friday the week before. Has that changed?

Bare in mind that Wednesday is popular due to it being the first day after weekly reset. And there are some less-hardcore guilds/groups who only schedule activity for one night a week.

Trying to be reasonable, but seriously we are losing confidence and expectation. Guilds may as well not arrange anything in advance and everyone just go casual pick up group.

I'd would also love a response to this. I do believe this was asked last time and ignored.

I don't thinks its too much to give us an answer on this, or do I have to spam threads complaining about a cc item not being in a pack but ask this question again so I know you will read it.

Hmm....another night of raiding lost...oh well, guess I will just have to enjoy the world outside of my house for an evening, or read a book, or hit up the pub, or do something to occupy my time...lol quit ************ people, there is a whole world outside of this game ya know....

Wait, there is something outside the door to my house, this is a revelation, who would have thought :rolleyes:

Stop being a forum hero in your parents basement, if doesn't affect you don't complain about others voicing their outrage at it.

Some people have real lives so they actually venture out into the sun during the weekend, which means their game time is limited mostly to weeknights.

In fact a lot of raid groups prefer weekday raiding since people have lives and do stuff on the weekend.

So can you understand why people complain when bioware **** up reading a calendar and do maintenance on Wednesday.

Edited by eatmydeece

^^ This. Guilds and Operations Teams have set aside times and days to do content together. It means 8 or 16 people have set aside those times each week to do content together. Doing content together helps build communities. Shifting patch days around at whim and at the last minute does harm to these communities.

From the perspective of NIM content, it is the very last few week of NIM DF/DP being the top level content and there are still teams working on the content. Losing operations days is more than a minor annoyance to dedicated players. NiM PVErs are subscribers too and NiM PVErs also queue for FPs, PVP and GSF either before or after their operation.

Wow you sir are a genius, thank you.

Mirroring what Bane and Xalk said, stop *********** with our raid times or at least do maint 2 hours later. :mad:

That's two APAC prime time Wednesday nights in a row now... *** guys, seriously. Not only will this ruin one of my guild's Wednesday night ops run (literally, the only night in the week when all members of that group are available to raid together) but its putting APAC guilds a day behind for Conquests.

And for what? A free deco and ****** 16man GF crap again. If you want to encourage people to learn how to raid in the basic ops you should be pushing 8 man runs anyways, its too easy for new players to "hide" in 16man ops.

Much love,

APAC.

PS waiting for server to break down and emergency patch APAC Thursday night, should our Thursday night group also find something else to do in anticipation?

Edited by HyperAxiom

Will the decorations that are missing from the vendors they are supposed to be on be added as well? The crates from the warzone vendors would be nice to have.

There are also several small signs that are missing from the prefab droid vendors that would be nice to have.