Selkath Console broken with 2.10, houses ruined

Pietrastor

So I log in the game just to get hit immediately by huge Selkath Console now completly displaced in my main room after 2.10. It can no longer be aligned to the wall like everyone was doing for 3 weeks. FIX THIS PLZ! It's a huge decoration, can ONLY be put on Large floor hook (so we can't use layout change tricks to fix its position with Medium hooks) and now it ruins tons of rooms it was put into that people been decorating their strongholds around this console for 3 weeks. Reverse whatever change you did to this decoration in 2.10!

:rak_07:

And if we get "working as intended" response I swear.... :rak_08:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That console bug just destroyed my whole room layout ..having 2 giant consoles sitting in the middle of the floor ..

How disappointing ..these things are costly and I built my room around them .

Hope they fix this fast ..not like the hats showing wholes in the head for months now and multiple updates yet they do not simply lift/expand them... . hope this is different and handled soon as it effects our homes .

Bummed ..seems Droid engineers workbench has the same problem as the console which screams problem is with hooks ( large) center point circumference needs to be broadened or make 4 points .

Edited by Luvshine
More~

I was lucky I bought the thing but never used it. :( I really think they should release a middle-hook version, as well. I mean, seriously? They botched all the plant decorations so the trees look small and the plants look smaller, but a single console takes half the room?

Same with me, completely ruined my laboratory.

Also for whatever reason they changed the only companion who pretended to make some activity - Dr. Lokin. Now he's aimlessly standing like everybody else, shaking his head from time to time. Also ruined me lab - thanks for that :rak_01:

Hey folks,

The Selkath Console is definitely bugged in that you can't move it back to how it was pre-update - you should be able to adjust it back into position.

That said, in future cases when we make changes to decorations, they will reset to their "default" position every time (default meaning its position if you placed it but never moved it), but they will be able to be moved back into place. The bug with the Console is that it can't be moved.

We're looking into it now and hope to have your labs, offices, and computer rooms back in working order soon!

-Tait

Thanks Tait.

That said, in future cases when we make changes to decorations, they will reset to their "default" position every time (default meaning its position if you placed it but never moved it), but they will be able to be moved back into place.

This is fine, but I'm wondering if we could get a notification in cases like that. I know for 2.10, at least the Selkath Console and the Appearance Modification Station were changed, and it would be nice to see it printed yellow on black instead of having to run around the stronghold(s) searching for things which have to be readjusted.

[...]in future cases when we make changes to decorations, they will reset to their "default" position every time [...]

Are you kidding me?? I can't speak for other players, but a large part of the enjoyment I get from housing is from the satisfaction of arranging everything "just so", which is something that has taken *several hours* across all 4 houses.

So you're telling us that one of these days after a patch i might log in and find a bunch of items moved around?? Unlike a lot of strongholds I've seen, i haven't actually haphazardly strewn items about just to get to 100% completion. I have shifted and rotated neatly every item placed, which amounts to something like 1800 items. So to add insult to injury, every time an item gets modified, i have to go find every instance of that item and put it back the way i want it. Really? *Really*???

Are you kidding me?? I can't speak for other players, but a large part of the enjoyment I get from housing is from the satisfaction of arranging everything "just so", which is something that has taken *several hours* across all 4 houses.

So you're telling us that one of these days after a patch i might log in and find a bunch of items moved around?? Unlike a lot of strongholds I've seen, i haven't actually haphazardly strewn items about just to get to 100% completion. I have shifted and rotated neatly every item placed, which amounts to something like 1800 items. So to add insult to injury, every time an item gets modified, i have to go find every instance of that item and put it back the way i want it. Really? *Really*???

Keep breathing dude lol.

But really.. I doubt they'll be modifying 100's of different decorations every patch.

If you're in to RPing (like, as I understand, a lot of people that are in to housing are) just make something up like someone broke in and moved your stuff around lol.

If you're not in to RPing, calm your OCD. This won't be happening every patch.

If you're in to RPing (like, as I understand, a lot of people that are in to housing are) just make something up like someone broke in and moved your stuff around lol.

Or your Bounty Hunter and Smuggler were looking for more alcohol after the party in the Cantina was over.

Edited by Apophis_

Hey folks,

The Selkath Console is definitely bugged in that you can't move it back to how it was pre-update - you should be able to adjust it back into position.

That said, in future cases when we make changes to decorations, they will reset to their "default" position every time (default meaning its position if you placed it but never moved it), but they will be able to be moved back into place. The bug with the Console is that it can't be moved.

We're looking into it now and hope to have your labs, offices, and computer rooms back in working order soon!

-Tait

Tait, I was wondering if you could pass on the concerns about the nameplate for Strongholds that pops up when you enter. The nameplate is persistent, and is not part of the overall UI editor like the decoration box. I would like to request that the dev team add the nameplate to the items that can be edited so folks can move, resize or disable it.

Tait, I was wondering if you could pass on the concerns about the nameplate for Strongholds that pops up when you enter. The nameplate is persistent, and is not part of the overall UI editor like the decoration box. I would like to request that the dev team add the nameplate to the items that can be edited so folks can move, resize or disable it.
Yes, it's most annoying. I have my quickbars on top of the screen and it's over them so I can't click them. The same goes for the conquest guild control messages. They need to be part of the GUI Editor so you can move, resize and disable them, adjust opacity and you should make sure you can click through them onto other GUI elements below it.

Please just leave them in the place they were. Some people spent many hours to arrange items in certain ways (especially since you went the "easy" route of implementation with that annoying hook system instead of being able to freely place and move items all over the house like in Star Wars Galaxies). Items randomly resetting position should not happen, it could invalidate many hours of frustrating detail work to get things arranged just right! Edited by Glzmo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, still broke.

It isn't just the Selkath Console but anything that can be placed on the "Large Standard Arrangement" hook.

The X/Y scale got messed up so nothing can be moved to the edges (or beyond a bit as before).

It worked fine, broke, has been recognized as broke, and ignored multiple patches later.

What? It broke? Meh, we might get back to that someday?

And yea, we are officially at 2.10.1c but have had more than two patches since 2.10.1 came out.

Yep, still broke.

It isn't just the Selkath Console but anything that can be placed on the "Large Standard Arrangement" hook.

The X/Y scale got messed up so nothing can be moved to the edges (or beyond a bit as before).

It worked fine, broke, has been recognized as broke, and ignored multiple patches later.

What? It broke? Meh, we might get back to that someday?

And yea, we are officially at 2.10.1c but have had more than two patches since 2.10.1 came out.

2.10.2 is coming on Tuesday, if it doesn't contain some SERIOUS stronghold fixes & changes finally (tons fo missing decorations, broken items like Selkath Console, hologram companions etc) that has been reported and asked since PTS, I will start really worrying. I don't believe for a second there will be anything Stronghold-related done for 3.0 or 3.1, they will have plethora of other expansion-related issues to fix so the time is now.