Crafting not profitable

BloodyElle

After having money issues since lvl 10, not being able to buy the skills I need, and even sometimes, not being able to travel, I finally have 450 artifice.

I want my creds back, and since Cartel Market exists to make the economy a chaos, I'd like to have a few hints on what to craft.

I've been reading and people either say that no one is going to share their market niche with me OR that the best thing is to ignore crafting and relay in gathering, since is the only barely profitable thing.

Can some veteran of this market chaos share some knowledge with me/us new Wall Steet acolytes?

No crafting seems profitable other than MK-9 kits and the aug componants, try that. Getting to 55 on a few toons is very good for credits and buying cartel packs and selling em on the GTN is too but that is trading real money for fake. I know this game is much more fun when you have credits and good gear.

After having money issues since lvl 10, not being able to buy the skills I need, and even sometimes, not being able to travel, I finally have 450 artifice.

I want my creds back, and since Cartel Market exists to make the economy a chaos, I'd like to have a few hints on what to craft.

I've been reading and people either say that no one is going to share their market niche with me OR that the best thing is to ignore crafting and relay in gathering, since is the only barely profitable thing.

Can some veteran of this market chaos share some knowledge with me/us new Wall Steet acolytes?

For God's sake why on earth did you take the most useless skill in the game and dump credits into it while leveling????

You want to be flush with credits while leveling? Take gathering and mission skills.

Sell the mats as you progress. Some will sell for more than others but it's pure profit!

Dumping money into crafting while leveling is a great way to be broke all the time. Save it for when you reach 50+

No crafting seems profitable other than MK-9 kits and the aug componants, try that. Getting to 55 on a few toons is very good for credits and buying cartel packs and selling em on the GTN is too but that is trading real money for fake. I know this game is much more fun when you have credits and good gear.

The MK-9 seems more or less right, I did read that sells good. I made an alt a few days ago with synth with the intention of combine both chars.

I have some kind of animadversion with the Cartel Market... but I'll look up that when I get my sub coins next month

For God's sake why on earth did you take the most useless skill in the game and dump credits into it while leveling????

You want to be flush with credits while leveling? Take gathering and mission skills.

Sell the mats as you progress. Some will sell for more than others but it's pure profit!

Dumping money into crafting while leveling is a great way to be broke all the time. Save it for when you reach 50+

Well, I did take artifice because I felt like crafting lightsabers and lightsabers parts seemed fun, not because my endless experience in GTN of one day playing. I don't want to be rich while leveling, I want to make profit out of artifice in the long term because I see it as an investment

I appreciate both answers, thank you

The MK-9 seems more or less right, I did read that sells good. I made an alt a few days ago with synth with the intention of combine both chars.

I have some kind of animadversion with the Cartel Market... but I'll look up that when I get my sub coins next month

Well, I did take artifice because I felt like crafting lightsabers and lightsabers parts seemed fun, not because my endless experience in GTN of one day playing. I don't want to be rich while leveling, I want to make profit out of artifice in the long term because I see it as an investment

Sorry, but I will not give the competition specifics but Artifice does have a lot to offer.

What I sell most consistently on my artificer is dye modules. Some will sell like hotcakes others not so much (many schematics are only available through rep vendors and you usually have to have champion or legend rep to get the schematics).

My second best sellers are specific enhancements, but they are "bursty:" sell a bunch then nothing for a while.

Last on my list is the hilt item modifications. They are more costly to produce but sell well.

I have yet to produce any quantity of color crystals for the simple fact that the schematics cost classic and basic comms and I HATE running dailies (not to mention my artificer is not even level 50 yet).

Although I use my crafting primarily for gearing alts. I have found success selling anything I craft. What I find not commented on a lot is that Blue items do sell well on the GTN b/c F2P can't equip purples. I usually sell [Augmented] blue Shields. Also, I cater to the lower levels, crafting purple low level enhancements, hilts & crystals.

Hate to disappoint, but making a profit with artifice is iffy at best.

CAN it be done? Sure, but you'll invest a million+ before seeing any profit.

I only keep one for making hilts and enhancements for my alts, and die packs.

Now I have some useful information, thank you.

I think crystals can be profitable too but you have to be rich or a luck monster to get the schem just like hilts and enchancements.

It may take me a lot, but I think I can make loads credits being smart and finding the right market niche

Purple pre-55 enhancements and hilts don't cost much to produce yet can sell for a great deal. People with millions on their mains like to keep their alts geared while leveling and don't mind dropping tons of credits on mods. Try and get as many schematics as you can and watch the enhancement and hilt markets. There's huge money to be made there and little risk since the materials cost is low (if you're gathering your own mats). Edited by Millardkillmoore

Hate to disappoint, but making a profit with artifice is iffy at best.

CAN it be done? Sure, but you'll invest a million+ before seeing any profit.

I only keep one for making hilts and enhancements for my alts, and die packs.

I definitely don't make as much profit on my Artifice as I do on my Cybertech.

However, there is a serious hole in the crafting market for decent enhancements for leveling characters. While leveling my tank, I tried to get by on planetary comms. Once I got into 30+ range where there are actual tank-specific enhancements, there were hardly any good ones in the comm vendors, and practically none to be had on the GTN.

I ended up working on the blue level enhancements for myself, and posted the excess on the GTN, and while they didn't move quickly, they had really good profit margin. So I learned a few more schematics and started listing them. (This is not dissimilar to profits make crafting other blue mods in the 30-45 level range).

The biggest advantage of crafting the blue level gear, is that the mats are relatively easy to get. One can cover vast empty areas of the market by having decent blue enhancements listed at multiple levels. Relist the ones that don't sell, re-craft the ones that do.

You could make a single 31 hilt for a 250k profit (assuming you bought the mats) or you could make 20 enhancements for a 15k profit each. Both are viable.

Edited by Khevar

Although I use my crafting primarily for gearing alts. I have found success selling anything I craft. What I find not commented on a lot is that Blue items do sell well on the GTN b/c F2P can't equip purples. I usually sell [Augmented] blue Shields. Also, I cater to the lower levels, crafting purple low level enhancements, hilts & crystals.

I do this. Basically I hit Master Craftsman as a challenge and to be able to craft anything I need for leveling an alt in combination with using planetary comms for mods without having to purchase anything. The benefit here is that if you have purchased the droid parts from your ship vendor then most of the crafts have a nice bonus. You can combine this with picking up the right crafts on the right classes. So for instance on my Jugg in combination with the droid part I have two companions with +5 crit for synthweaving. This is very handy for crafting might augments or the like.

Generally speaking I craft whatever I need for my toons and the extras from criting go on the GTN for some light profit or big profit in the case of augs.

You could also combine your gear for various toons into legacy sets. I did this yesterday and spent about 500k moving all my pvp gear to legacy to share between my Jugg and Sentinel. This allowed me to then sell 14 might augs I had ready to go for my jugg that are now no longer needed which should earn about 1.5-2mil credits.