Group Finder Needs Updating

The group finder seems really dated it needs an update that includes all operations and hardmode / nightmare modes.

It still really annoying to wait around the fleet trying to get into the new operations (TFB) or HM (trying to get the weekly quests done)

The new take you back to where you were option is great but all your got operation wise is Eternity Vault and Karraga's Palace.

Also it is annoying you can't go pvp while waiting in group finder because as soon as you join a warzone it drops you off the group finder. I waited last night for over an hour in the fleet before giving up to try and get into an operations.

Bioware any chance in the new year for an update to this system?

being that there is no way in game for them to check the gear needed to complete the run (and yes you need at least columi or columi equivalent to barely beat the enrage timer for the bosses) it would be difficult to enforce it through LFG. groups would be full of people in tionese gear or recruit gear trying to run all the time. you would get more of a headache while trying to kill the first boss then you would with typing "LFG TFB/EC" in fleet.

being that there is no way in game for them to check the gear needed to complete the run (and yes you need at least columi or columi equivalent to barely beat the enrage timer for the bosses) it would be difficult to enforce it through LFG. groups would be full of people in tionese gear or recruit gear trying to run all the time. you would get more of a headache while trying to kill the first boss then you would with typing "LFG TFB/EC" in fleet.

There are ways for the system to check your gear and it would tell you whether you would be eligible to to join queue or not.

Not to go on the WoW wagon but their group finder locks your out until you have decent enough gear for harder dungeons etc, same thing can be applied here.

EA/BioWare's system are completely different from Activision/Blizzard. The system is not there in BioWare LFG system and they have stated that they can not implement it without a complete overhaul of the system entirely. Also in this game there is no calculation to average ilvl since that is bound to gear and this game has modifiable gear. My Revan's Robes which are able to be used at lvl 1 would show as unable to be used using a group finder as ilvl does not change with upgrades (refer to Heirloom gear in wow where your ilvl does not change just the stats)

this is a quote from Allison Berryman on the same topic:

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.

Heres the link to the thread as well: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5155548#post5155548

Wouldn't really wish anyone the terror from gathering a group for TFB SM/HM or denova SM/HM/NiM, first, you have no way of communication which can be lethal if you have a few new members or ppl that just don't know the tactics. Explaining entire tactic in chat before fight is possible, but few people remember everything resulting in a wiperun that will only make ppl more pissed of at each other, I mean groups today have huge troubles with EV and KP SM. Just imagine the trouble these groups and player with have with Firebrand/Stormcaller, Colonel Vorgath, Warlord Kephess, Operator IX and Terror from Beyond on Story Mode! I don't even want to think about what will happened if the would introduce TFB HM and EC HM in group finder...

Summary, I am kind of against operations in group finder in total, flashpoints, sure, but I don't really like the thought of having operations there, sure KP/EV works right now on Story Mode since most ppl have wiped enough times to learn the tactics the hard way. But fourth boss in KP and third boss in EV is still a real pain in the *** if you have a group with people that don't know what they are doing, trust me, I have had a lot of good runs that just stopped at these encounters and never gotten any further. Fix some kind of voice chat for the entire raidgroup that people have to join, be on and I might see the point in introducing more operations in GF, but before that, not a chance in hell.

I don't have any problem doing almost all posible things with PUG, especcialy when i see all those requirements to joing guild (tell us sth about yourself, why you want to join guild, you must have this and that to do ops with us). But excluding ppl from doing ops at all (almost, you still can stay in fleet and chat spam LFG) is not what i like.

The group finder seems really dated it needs an update that includes all operations and hardmode / nightmare modes.

It still really annoying to wait around the fleet trying to get into the new operations (TFB) or HM (trying to get the weekly quests done)

The new take you back to where you were option is great but all your got operation wise is Eternity Vault and Karraga's Palace.

Also it is annoying you can't go pvp while waiting in group finder because as soon as you join a warzone it drops you off the group finder. I waited last night for over an hour in the fleet before giving up to try and get into an operations.

Bioware any chance in the new year for an update to this system?

LMAO i could just imagen tying to do a Nightmare mode with some new Free 2 play players in a pug most of them have an hard time with Hard Modes. my mane is a Tank and i grantee it would take 5 mins to get an OP and almost instant for a Flash point its all about the class you use.

That being said they should add all the OP's as Story mode

as for the PVP group finder issue it was made like that so that ppl do not drop out of PvP to go do a FPS

While in general principle, adjusting GF to allow for the new Operations sounds nice... the idea of PUGing EC or TfB, even in Story Mode, makes me wince

There's nothing wrong with pugging it, however they can't just drop it in group finder and say here we go.

It needs an gear/experience check, maybe a short quest you have to complete to check if you're actually competent enough to complete both EV and KP SM.

LMAO i could just imagen tying to do a Nightmare mode with some new Free 2 play players in a pug most of them have an hard time with Hard Modes. my mane is a Tank and i grantee it would take 5 mins to get an OP and almost instant for a Flash point its all about the class you use.

That being said they should add all the OP's as Story mode

as for the PVP group finder issue it was made like that so that ppl do not drop out of PvP to go do a FPS

It was done to solve people dropping out of pvp but has done nothing for it. Just hurt people who want to pvp while they wait for their gf pop.

i would just point out my slinger did ev nightmare mode with guild in rec gear and SOLO killed my boss on the council without any help.

but yes you are right most hm ops and ec/tfb story mode ops do need a gear requirement to jsut scrap by so unless you add something like wows raid finder that has ilvl requirement then it would not work. also with regarding hm/nim ops for hope like ec and tfb hm you WILL need voice coms for nightmare mode ec you would struggle to kill a boss in a pug let alone undergeared pug.

on a personal note i think group finder is fine way it is with only perhaps ev/kp hard mode being added as with alot of people over geared now you could probably overcome 1-2 undergeared people as long as they wernt tank or healer.

as for nim opss being on gf NO THANK YOU. hard getting a good pug that listens and is geared for it as it is let alone gf which would likemy leave recruit geared trying to do nim mode its a bad combination and recipe for disaster. so with that said im against this idea

Good replies so far, I can see what people are saying about nightmare modes it might be a bit much for PUGS. But no offense I PUGGED all operations so far.

A lot of people wouldn't want to PUG operations and I totally understand that but give people the option to use group finder who don't mind PUGGING and to the person above who said all operations should be removed in group finder are you serious? Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace Storymodes are really easy (Denova onwards is a bit trickery)

With the other comment about in game voice chat for FP's / OP's, I totally agree with you it needs to be added.

I've done a full TFB HM with a PUG so *shrug*

I honestly think most people on this forum have pugged almost all the ops so far. But I am willing to bet you were in voice chat for this pug group. That is the biggest problem here that I see. The only part of the two ops currently in gf that voice chat is really helpful is the puzzle in KP. Granted if you have three people who know the puzzle its no big deal, but that is not always gonna happen.

Shoot last week I did two sm kp' s through gf on my tank and healer and in the first group we had 5 new people to the ops 2 who were fresh fifties and didn't know about the free gear. The second we had three new people to the op. Both runs were brutal. The first was completed the second abandoned on the fan cause nobody knew the puzzle and no one would jump into voice chat with me so I could explain. They honestly wanted me to try and solo the damn puzzle cause they were retarded and thought more dps on the boss was a good idea. Do you really want toto have this type of group on EC or tfb?

I honestly think most people on this forum have pugged almost all the ops so far. But I am willing to bet you were in voice chat for this pug group. That is the biggest problem here that I see. The only part of the two ops currently in gf that voice chat is really helpful is the puzzle in KP. Granted if you have three people who know the puzzle its no big deal, but that is not always gonna happen.....

Yea when I did Explosive conflict (Denova), we were in Teamspeak. The game does need a built in voice chat system for PUGGING ops, FP and PvP.