Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mackerel
09.11.2012 , 11:39 AM | #1
does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder in story mode or Explosive Conflict in story mode ?

Ashlack
09.11.2012 , 11:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by mackerel View Post
does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder in story mode or Explosive Conflict in story mode ?
No. There is still only EV and KP
May the Force be with us! Star Wars Universe
(||§§§))))))))«([====MAY=THE=FORCE=BE=WITH=US======================
Sondage: Le meilleur duel au sabre-laser de la Saga|Sondage: Avez-vous choisi une classe?
INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT FOR AN APPEARENCE TAB Because we don't want to be clones!

wainot-keel
09.11.2012 , 12:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashlack View Post
No. There is still only EV and KP
With nerf to Denova SM in 1.4 (to make it easier to pug groups to clear it) they might consider adding it in the future. But that's it.

flyersfan
09.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
With nerf to Denova SM in 1.4 (to make it easier to pug groups to clear it) they might consider adding it in the future. But that's it.
Awesome. I'd really appreciate if they did that.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard

Quraswren
09.11.2012 , 12:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
Awesome. I'd really appreciate if they did that.
Agreed, with the changes to SM EC - it's time it was added to the group finder.

Maxumus
09.11.2012 , 01:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
I think this, but seperate it from KP and EV. Similar to how LI is seperated from other HMs. EC is still more challenging than KP or EV so seperating it would make more sense to make sure everyone who wants to do it is prepared to go in and not just getting a random pop.

AllisonBerryman
09.13.2012 , 01:29 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.

TheBBP
09.13.2012 , 01:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear,
You have no idea how awesome this is for those of us who aren't hard core raiders. Please thank all of the appropriate people for me!
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Gemin
09.13.2012 , 01:42 PM | #9
I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.

So do what was done with HM's and have Tiers for the Ops in GF. Seriously. Add a tooltip. This isn't rocket science.

TalantMAJR
09.13.2012 , 01:52 PM | #10
Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace,
Why?
I do not understand why it would have to be an 'either/or' scenario.
Why can't there be tiers of raids in the group finder, like there's tiers of HM FP's?

Tier 1:
SM KP/EV
Tier 2:
SM EC/TFB

By your own logic, HM LI is tuned for players at columi(+) level, too, but that isn't clearly marked anywhere in game, either.
I feel i should be able to queue for EC/TFB story if i think my gear is ready for it, but not at the expense of being able to queue for EV/KP story.
*Insert witty signature here*