Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
11.13.2019 , 10:43 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey all,

We have been reading your feedback since Onslaught launched (and of course from PTS beforehand) on your feelings on the current state of crafting. We agree with your feedback that it isn’t where we want it to be either. There are quite a few changes planned for 6.0.2 in December and we want to give you a preview of those changes today. As 6.0.2 will not have its own PTS, please use this thread to share your feedback on the changes.
  • The materials required for “material combination” schematics was too high. We are making the following changes:
    • Premium and Prototype material requirements have been reduced to 6 each (down from 10).
    • Artifact material requirements have been reduced to 12 each (down from 15).
    • The requirements to convert Premium combination materials to Prototype has been reduced to 2 (down from 3).
  • Although we want to incentivize harvesting over missions for gathering skills, mission inflow was a little too low:
    • Increase overall inflow of Premium quality materials from Missions.
    • Increase material rewards from Wealthy Yield Missions.
    • Reduce the overall failure rate of “grey” quality Missions.
  • Getting crafting schematics when deconstructing gear was too hard with too low of a chance:
    • Broadly increased the chance to earn crafting schematics from deconstructing.
    • Sort of related, we are making a pass to ensure that deconstruction is giving the correct professions materials. Raise any specifics you have where this isn’t the case.
  • Too high of a requirement for Matrixes when crafting:
    • The Matrix material requirement has been removed from all schematics below Artifact quality.
    • We are looking closely at data around inflow of Legendary Ember requirements. We may increase requirements here but this is still being investigated.
  • The materials that you are earning are not coming in at the correct ratio of Premium : Prototype : Artifact to correlate with expenditure:
    • Rebalancing material inflow to match a 7:2:1 ratio that many of you have raised.
These are all currently planned changes for 6.0.2 so please let us know your thoughts. As always, we will continue to monitor crafting data and your feedback post-6.0.2 and make further changes as needed! Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

PiiTarr
11.13.2019 , 10:56 AM | #2
Thanks for the information, Eric. One thing about deconstruction I've noticed is some ilevel 270+ items have returned desh when deconstructed. Unfortunately, I can't give specifics because each of the times it's happened I've deconstructed multiple items at once, so I can't tell which item(s) caused me to receive desh. I can tell you I'm 100% certain all items were 270+ though, as I'm very careful ("obsessive" might be more accurate) about checking items before I add them to the deconstruction window.

ZionHalcyon
11.13.2019 , 11:00 AM | #3
I know many including myself will say we told you guys all about this starting from the PTS.

I know you probably wanted live data to go off of instead

Still what I will say is this: better late than never.

I can't give much more of an opinion than that until these changes go live and I see how it affects my crafting

RikuvonDrake
11.13.2019 , 11:03 AM | #4
Any thoughts on introducing something similar to the "escalating odds" for reverse engineering when trying to learn the next tier? As in when RE:ing a purple stim I have a 5% chance to learn the legendary version, if I RE 10 but don't learn the legendary version, for the 11th I have a passive 10% chance to learn based on how many I have tried to RE before + the original 5%?

Apart from that, these changes sound great and as a crafter, I am very much looking forward to having these instead of the current system.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

LordTurin
11.13.2019 , 11:05 AM | #5
Can you please just get rid of the assembly components? Keep the same gear total required, whatever, but it's an extra step that is just a pain to deal with. Heck increase the time needed to craft things too if you want to slow down crafting, but having to log onto a crafting toon every 5 minutes if I want to get enough assembly components is just ridiculous.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Estelindis
11.13.2019 , 11:06 AM | #6
Eric, thank you. Your mention of the material ratio of 7:2:1 shows that you, or someone else in the team, is reading our thread of suggested fixes. It is good to see that the planned changes are in line with much (though not yet all) of the feedback we are giving.

For the time being, I will continue to advocate that our suggestions be implemented fully, rather than partially. All the same, concrete experience is a valuable test, so I will at least try these proposed changes, which do make some genuine rather than merely superficial concessions, and see if they end up being enough to make crafting fun again.

In the meantime, between now and 6.0.2, I may theorycraft a bit with some spreadsheets and see where that takes me. If any interesting results come from that research, I will share them, of course.

Again, thank you.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Bidli
11.13.2019 , 11:06 AM | #7
I vote for ANY mission and i literally mean ANY mission, from moderate to wealthy, from Archeology to Slicing, from Diplomacy to Underworld trading - to give green materials (well unless they fail right?).

i've been farming grey mission like a madman to even get started with any crafting, thats dumb, rich yield bringing purple and blue is nice but 0 green, thats baaaaaaad.

Love the changes, lets see how they'll play out.. Also the sooner the better *wink wink*

CliffRedemption
11.13.2019 , 11:11 AM | #8
You need to significantly increase the material quantities obtained from Satchels of Crafting materials (from flashpoint bosses, operation bosses, and conquest completions). Right now, you right click them and they give between 4-8 materials of random quality from grade 1-11. This is such an insignificant amount that it is not worth anyone's time to even stare at their computer monitor and give the effort to right click it. Problems like these would never occur if the 3 people that develop this video game ACTUALLY played this video game, even on occasion. Yikes.

ZionHalcyon
11.13.2019 , 11:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Can you please just get rid of the assembly components? Keep the same gear total required, whatever, but it's an extra step that is just a pain to deal with. Heck increase the time needed to craft things too if you want to slow down crafting, but having to log onto a crafting toon every 5 minutes if I want to get enough assembly components is just ridiculous.
I would actually advocate this as well. It's one thing if this word game where such a subcomponents have a varying degrees of quality that can affect the outcome. But that is not the case with SWTOR. In which case I would actually just prefer then things to be simplified. And if those components are indeed remove from the schematics then just make it so that deconstruction will refund us the cost of making it and give us the materials back for those now removed subcomponents.

Rion_Starkiller
11.13.2019 , 11:12 AM | #10
Time to start hoarding mats!

Anyone remember when 6.02 is coming? Was it mid-December?
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?