Maintenance: 27 October 2016

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline in order to apply Patch 4.7.3a tomorrow, October 27th. Right now, I am not able to provide a specific time, but wanted to post so you were aware that it was coming. I will provide at least an hour notice before we take the servers down.

Details:

DATE: 27 October 2016

TIME: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM PDT (5:00PM - 7:00PM BST)

VERSION: 4.7.3a

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love having the servers go down to fix a piece of armor. :(

Unless there's something else coming too...

The only time they do hotfixes is if it's a money maker.

They may fix a couple other misc bugs but there hasn't been enough time since the last patch to actually get much more in.

Fingers crossed for the classic lightweight vibrosword bug

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We discovered an issue following Game Update 4.7.3 where players who had the Nathema Zealot set were no longer able to unlock it in Collections. There was also an unintended side effect, anyone who should have had the Nathema Zealot Set in collections was able to unlock Senya’s Lightsaber Pike even if they never had the weapon. With our upcoming maintenance we will be addressing the both issues, but there are a few different situations someone could be in. Here are the various scenarios and the impact on you:

I had the Nathema Zealot set unlocked in Collections:

We will be refunding you the Cartel Coins from the unlock. We will also give you another full set of the armor in case you deleted the old one after unlocking it.

After the Collections unlock was bugged in 4.7.3, I re-equipped the item and unlocked it in Collections again:

Your “new” collection unlock will remain in place, we will just refund you for the original unlock so you haven’t been double charged.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike, what will happen to it:

Since this was unintended, we will be removing the Pike from anyone who received it through this method. If you happen to have placed any mods inside of the weapon you will receive those back as well.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike and also unlocked it in Collections:

We will be removing the Pike and Collections unlock from you since this was unintended. We will work to refund the CC you spent on the Collections unlock ASAP (it may not be tomorrow).

I received Senya’s Lightsaber Pike normally:

There will not be any effect on you. We can determine who received a Pike from the bug vs someone who got it normally.

That should cover all of the scenarios but if there is one I missed, feel free to ask about it. Thanks everyone.

-eric

[snip]

What, am I dreaming? Perfect solution to this problem, would have never expected such an intricate fix from BWA. Now let's see if it will actually work out as planned. Hopefully, they will start handling any future exploits this way, even those that don't affect the CM.

Edited by Jerba

Well it was nice having the pike while I did. Cause I will not spend money on packs only to get the same crap mount or pet over and over :(. Guess its back to the same boring dualsaber that every other mofo and his mom has. Edited by CombatLord

What was this pull Senya's pike? I haven't heard of that

If you bought the Nathema Robes pre-4.7.3 and bound it to a character, then you had Senya's Lightsaber Pike unlocked in Collections post-4.7.3 and were able to get free copies without ever having gotten the pike the correct way. Obviously, this is an exploit so they are fixing it, and there's no point abusing it since any pikes gotten this way will be removed.

Edited by Jerba

There goes my awesome gear look. The weapon looked awesome how it was sheathed with my armor look. Now I got to find a dual-saber that does not look like its up in my armpit while sheathed. And I am sure that it will be the same saber that everyone else has.... Now I got to log in and look at my toon and will think "how lame I look" yay.... Edited by CombatLord

This is complete BS. It is not Our faults for claiming something that You couldn't see in the patch in the first place, so why bother taking away a weapon that's unique and will cost us billions to regain? Do you even know what happens with stuff in collections Eric Musco?

I don't think you do, it Binds to our characters so they're bound perm.

So why take away the weapon that cannot be sold on the GTN??

This is a real slap in the face to those who pay for the game every month, shame.

Gg...

If you bought the Nathema Robes pre-4.7.3 and bound it to a character, then you had Senya's Lightsaber Pike unlocked in Collections post-4.7.3 and were able to get free copies without ever having gotten the pike the correct way. Obviously, this is an exploit so they are fixing it, and there's no point abusing it since any pikes gotten this way will be removed.

Not entirely true. I bought the Nathema Robes before 4.7.3. After the patch I did not get Senya's Pike unlocked in collections. All it is showing that Senya's Pike is showing the unlock for all characters but is actually not unlocked in collections.

Just when you thought you have seen everything they come up with something like this. I mean, I have been writing about long time bugs, glitches, issues, PMing Eric, Twait, trying to post on reddit whatever and NOTHING!!

Years old bugs, but also recent ones, that appeared out of nowhere and are easy to fix, are COMPLETELY IGNORED!! But when a Cartel Market Item is not working and one that is purchasable is free due to a bug it immediately requires and emergency patch and game downtime!!

Eric, I hope you at least feel very stupid when writing such threads!

Just when you thought you have seen everything they come up with something like this. I mean, I have been writing about long time bugs, glitches, issues, PMing Eric, Twait, trying to post on reddit whatever and NOTHING!!

Years old bugs, but also recent ones, that appeared out of nowhere and are easy to fix, are COMPLETELY IGNORED!! But when a Cartel Market Item is not working and one that is purchasable is free due to a bug it immediately requires and emergency patch and game downtime!!

Eric, I hope you at least feel very stupid when writing such threads!

That is false about bugs being easy to fix. You clearly don't know how things work. They prioritize the bugs and then figure out if said bugs will break something else. If so then they leave it for now until they can figure out another way to fix it without breaking something else.

That is false about bugs being easy to fix. You clearly don't know how things work. They prioritize the bugs and then figure out if said bugs will break something else. If so then they leave it for now until they can figure out another way to fix it without breaking something else.

Yes, that's why the 16m instance bug is still here 1 year later. They are afraid that if it's fixed it would break CM

No. It would be other things. Take your head out of the sand.

You're lying and you know it!!!

We all know by now that Bioware spends half there paycheck on making CM items, a quarter into story content, and then the last in CGI trailer marketing.

As for OP... I realize you guys are pacific coast and all but it would of been nice to get a update by the end of yesterday...

Can't say I'm surprised. They're quick to fix bugs if it means taking unintended free gifts away from a handful of players.

But fixing years-old bugs in a game we all actively pay for you guys to run and maintain? Yeah heaven forbid you fix that ****. I'd have rather bought the Nathema set again than have to grind insane amounts for yet another BS 'platinum' item. Crooks through and through.