PVP Flagging on PVE servers

crimtor

So, I had a thought: What about a "remove PVP flagging" option for PVE severs? It would make it so that whenever you did something that would flag you (buffing your group with one person flagged, AoE or AoE heals that a flagged person goes into), it instead doesn't hit the flagged person (they don't get the buff/damage/heal). If you have a flagged person targeted, it wouldn't let you do anything to them (heal, damage, buff, etc.), with an error message of "you need to flag yourself for PVP to do that".

The one thing I'm concerned about is FFA PVP zones, or if you go into an opposite-faction-controlled area. If something similar would work ("You need to flag yourself for PVP to go there" or something) that could be cool, but I'm not sure if it's within the limitations of the system. Not a "you will be flagged in [countdown]" message, but maybe an auto-teleport to the nearest friendly Medical Droid?

Yeah, a “never PVP” flag would be good; if someone PVP-flagged joins a group containing a “never PVP” member, they should get the option to suppress their PVP flag for as long as they’re in the group. I like the idea of the auto-teleport when in enemy territory; it means you can still skirt the edges if you just want to get close enough to map the place.