The unofficial suggestion thread!

Rorichan

As I found a great thread already started, please post your suggestions here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61774

-----

~The Unofficial Suggestion Thread~

Welcome to the Unofficial Suggestion Thread! With the lack (currently) of a suggestion forum I thought that creating a suggestion thread would keep these in one place where it can be reviewed by the Powers That Be.

-----

PLEASE NO FLAMING AND KEEP IT TO POSITIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS!

The purpose is to help this game we love so much grow to something that will leave every other MMO in the dust. When writing up your suggestion, please make sure you add some detail on the pros and cons of what you're suggesting.

Details are appreciated!

Please do not post pictures in this thread but links to safe content and safe site hosting would be best.

-----

BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS SUGGESTIONS!

Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to speak up and put an idea forward. In the spirit of community, lets help out!

-----

THIS IS NOT A BUG REPORTING THREAD!

We all know that there are bugs in the game and there is a place to report those. Please do not do that here.

-----

THIS IS NOT A 'BIOWARE SUCKS AND HERE'S WHY' AND 'BIOWARE/EA CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS' THREAD!

Trolls and haters will be ignored and reported.

-----------------------------------

Now a few tips to help you out!

Suggested topics:

How to make the game work better.

Character customization

Mission suggestions

Armor looks

Canon planet suggestions

Non canon planet suggestions

Anything constructive that you think will make this game great!

Hot Topics:

More player races

More endgame content

Leveling to quick/to slow

More customization

Guild enhancements

Now let's get started!

Edited by Rorichan

So, to get this moving, here's a couple of my suggestions!

Lower XP gain or give us an option to turn XP gain off.

REASON: I love all of the missions and I want to do as many of them as possible. Unfortunately, once you get into a questing team (which I do a lot) you start out leveling content as you're doing everyone elses class missions along with your own. I know it gets harder down the line but I want a challenge when I'm doing missions! Get a two man team a couple levels above an area and Elites and Champions become cake walks.

Also, if you allowed us to turn XP gain off and just allowed us to gain credits/items, it would allow people to have the credits they want to do with everything you've given us. ie. Get a speeder, do our crew missions, use the GTN, buy from the many vendors in game. It would also encourage grouping as people would group with their guild and friends more often to help them catch up with everyone. (I know that there will be a moment of 'Can't this be exploited to farm credits?' And the answer is maybe but the benefits would out weigh this imo.)

-----

We need tutorials or tutorial zones.

REASON: People are silly and sometimes need a bit of hand holding when it comes to learning new things. I don't know how many times I've been messaged by guild mates/friends/random strangers asking me how to do certain things. These are things that I learned from poking around on the forums, tooltips, and codex. Unfortunately, not everyone is as obssessed as I am and get frustrated when they can't work it out on their own.

We need clearer tutorials in the starting planets. We need tutorials on crafting. We need tutorials on the GTN. We need tutorials on modding.

Yes, I know, a lot of it is already in there but it glazes over a lot of things and just reading it doesn't always sink it in. Many of my guild mates didn't know about Reverse Engineering until I told them about it or how to level their crafting skills or how to get more schematics. Many of us didn't know about lore objects or datacrons even though some places you just trip over them. Many don't know that in the ability window there are tabs for different types of abilites AND when they train there's another tab for their AC skills to train to. Give us missions that leads us down this path with a small reward when completed or have us do an immersion breaking, non xp giving, instance that teaches us how to do things. You can make these completely optional for people restarting characters and also this would give you an option for some Bioware easter eggs!

Or better yet, let us re-read the Tool Tips after we've closed them! Would save a lot of coding and give people a chance to refresh their memories.

Oh, another one that just popped into my head!

-----

Please lower the packaging included with the game cards!

REASON: I bought one last night (which I had to go to three different places btw!) and was horrified that you put this tiny little card in this large DVD case. Now I wouldn't quibble if the case could be reused as a normal DVD case but as you've customized it to hold the card it cannot. This is, honestly, wasteful. In this day of companies trying to go more green (which thank you for digital download!) the packaging says a lot more about money grab than options for a game.

You could just put the card in a biodegradable card sleeve like many other companies do. ie. iTunes cards, restaurant gift cards, etc. It would present a more positive impression and have Bioware leading the pack.

Thank you! If you have any suggestions, please post them! :) Blasted forum goes fast! *laugh*

My suggestions:

1. Add a suggestions forum.

2. Overhaul guild system.

3. Make PvP rewards scale with level.

4. Dungeon finder.

5. Remove instances or raise the cap on them hugely. Servers feel empty.

6. Add some new economic features.

My #1 Suggestion:

Something for completionists. I'd love to see a codex entry where it shows for example, Tython quests completed: xx/xx, Tython Bonus Quests completed: xx/xx. Would be a cool incentive to go hunt out every piece of content there is without exp being the main goal. Plus I would like to know when I have truly completed a planet instead of wondering if I missed a quest somewhere or a bonus series somewhere.

My #1 Suggestion:

Something for completionists. I'd love to see a codex entry where it shows for example, Tython quests completed: xx/xx, Tython Bonus Quests completed: xx/xx. Would be a cool incentive to go hunt out every piece of content there is without exp being the main goal. Plus I would like to know when I have truly completed a planet instead of wondering if I missed a quest somewhere or a bonus series somewhere.

I love this suggestion! That would make a lot of people happy.

I know I almost missed the bonus missions on a couple of planets because I didn't know they were there.

A Forum Search Feature

Reason: So I can find threads like these without having to endure then endless stream of duplicate threads coming in every minute of everyday.

A Suggestions Forum

Reason: So posters can keep at least some of their complaints or general discussions about the game separate from actual suggestions. Also, to help minimize the bloat that occurs throughout the day as new threads keep popping up in the Discussion forums, pushing back threads where good (if somewhat heated) discussions happened into oblivion.

Post-Character Creation Appearance Customization

Reason: Because I'm a visual customization freak (I play mostly Champions Online, and also City of Heroes/Villains, DCUO and a little bit of Star Trek Online). Also, because sometimes we make choices during character creation we later regret and don't want to remake a character just to change a tiny thing. And also because sometimes people change as situations arise in live. People get haircuts and tattoos. They also gain scars from battles. The only way to have thes currently is if you add them during character creation.

More Gear Appearance Customization Options

Reason: Because relying on orange gear and modifications as the only means to customize your appearance sucks, and its too limited in what it allows you to do. Maybe make orange gear more accessible and/or allow us to collect a number of "appearances" then add them to any piece of gear--preferably from a dropdown menu (similar to how its done in DCUO) or by adding an extra item tab for storing "appearances", so that we don't bloat our limited item space.

My #1 Suggestion:

Sounds cool.

A Forum Search Feature

Reason: So I can find threads like these without having to endure then endless stream of duplicate threads coming in every minute of everyday.

A Suggestions Forum

Reason: So posters can keep at least some of their complaints or general discussions about the game separate from actual suggestions. Also, to help minimize the bloat that occurs throughout the day as new threads keep popping up in the Discussion forums, pushing back threads where good (if somewhat heated) discussions happened into oblivion.

Reason: Because I'm a visual customization freak (I play mostly Champions Online, and also City of Heroes/Villains, DCUO and a little bit of Star Trek Online). Also, because sometimes we make choices during character creation we later regret and don't want to remake a character just to change a tiny thing. And also because sometimes people change as situations arise in live. People get haircuts and tattoos. They also gain scars from battles. The only way to have thes currently is if you add them during character creation.

Reason: Because relying on orange gear and modifications as the only means to customize your appearance sucks, and its too limited in what it allows you to do. Maybe make orange gear more accessible and/or allow us to collect a number of "appearances" then add them to any piece of gear--preferably from a dropdown menu (similar to how its done in DCUO) or by adding an extra item tab for storing "appearances", so that we don't bloat our limited item space.

I agree, especially with the third one.

A Forum Search Feature

Oh heck yes! I have way to many bookmarks to keep track of some topics that I follow. I'd also love to see a bookmark system built into the forums that way if I'm accessing them from other than my main computer I can still read my favourites!

A Suggestions Forum

Right with you there! Make this topic obsolete please!

Ditto! Great suggestions here. I almost deleted my consular because her Miraluka mask clips with hooded robes. An option in game to change our characters appearance would be a GREAT benefit!

Ditto! I do believe that they are bringing in something for this according to a community blog post. I can't wait!

So far I have one main gripe

I like having nameplates on all enemies so I can always see what I'm dealing with; I usually play a tank so having a good view of the battlefield is important; it's also imporant in PVP.

BUT - the red targetting arrow just gets lost in all the other red text and makes it hard to quickly identify where your current target is in the mess when there are multiple enemies - suggest doign something to make it more apparent; maybe a yellow/blue targetting graphic, and maybe make it bracket the [ enemy ] entirely to make it more obvous. The arrow and insignificant ground circle aren't enough.

Oh, here's a few prompted by posts here!

-----

When grouped, change the nameplates of team mates to a different color to differentiate them from other players.

REASON: I think there's something like this in game but I haven't been able to find it. Please just default to changing the players name to a different color. Keeping track of them in a populated area would be a lot easier!

-----

More mask options for Miralukas please!

REASON: I love most of the masks but I've been seeing a lot of requests for a simple blindfold going over the eyes to one that looks some worn by Shoaneb Culu or by Visas Marr.

-----

Edited by Rorichan

1. Add polish to basic character animations/movements (running, jumping, idle)

2. Do whatever is possible to mitigate the linnear/tunnel world design; open it up and make it more like a world

3. Add life and vibrancy to the environments: more NPCs walking around, animal life, more lighting effects, weather, etc.

4. Add more "points of interest" -- current environments are function, but there's little tools you stop and smell the roses...

Oh.. and almost forgot the one thing high on my list:

-----

Please bring back the red skin tones for Republic female Twi'leks!

REASON: Okay, so I don't really get why this was removed. Established cannon says that Twi'leks were many different colors and red/pink was one of them. It makes no sense why you have them for males but not females. Please bring them back?

Oh.. and almost forgot the one thing high on my list:

-----

Please bring back the red skin tones for Republic female Twi'leks!

REASON: Okay, so I don't really get why this was removed. Established cannon says that Twi'leks were many different colors and red/pink was one of them. It makes no sense why you have them for males but not females. Please bring them back?

/Signed

Also, (though, I just noticed this listed in the OP) more races in general would be good. Star Wars is a pretty expansive universe with lots of prominent races and we only get a few in this game. Though, I realize that there might be gear related issues, since this game features visible gear and the armor models might not fit all races equally. But some races that could still work are left out, and others could be handled by not making the specific non-visually matching gear not visible, much like Twi'leks get visible no hoods (or helms either, I believe).

Mon Calamari, for example, could be fitted to most armor pieces, but leaving the visual part of the gloves and boots out, since they have non-human shaped hands and feet.

Wow, moving quickly today. Another suggestion I've been seeing a lot in some of the class forums:

-----

Please give us a /hood command to raise and lower our hoods.

REASON: We already know that a lot of the force armor in the game that have hoods have already been coded for Twi'leks to automatically lower the hood. It would be easy to implement this so that people have the option of having their hood up or down.

I know that people with full hood masks would appreciate this greatly! :D

-----

Conversely, give Twi'leks the option to have hoods up with the lekku automatically coming down the front or wrap around their necks.

REASON: This is also something I see in the class forums. Twi'leks would like the option to wear hoods. I know this will take a bit more coding but it would be greatly appreciated!

-----

Okay I can't be the only person who has suggestions! Come on people, lets hear your suggestions! :p

Edited by Rorichan

/Signed

Also, (though, I just noticed this listed in the OP) more races in general would be good. Star Wars is a pretty expansive universe with lots of prominent races and we only get a few in this game. Though, I realize that there might be gear related issues, since this game features visible gear and the armor models might not fit all races equally. But some races that could still work are left out, and others could be handled by not making the specific non-visually matching gear not visible, much like Twi'leks get visible no hoods (or helms either, I believe).

Mon Calamari, for example, could be fitted to most armor pieces, but leaving the visual part of the gloves and boots out, since they have non-human shaped hands and feet.

To build on this, how about what they're doing with some of the companions? The pieces that would clip with a specific race are equipped but just invisible! The mechanic is there and I'm sure with a bit of coding magic they can make it apply to some specific player races.

To build on this, how about what they're doing with some of the companions? The pieces that would clip with a specific race are equipped but just invisible! The mechanic is there and I'm sure with a bit of coding magic they can make it apply to some specific player races.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at, but perhaps you explained it better. Use the same gear, but make the pieces invisible if they would clip with a particular body part. Some races might still be too different from humans to really work this way, but there are plenty that are similar enough, with just a few minor details like large hands or feet, horns, etc.