So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

So you retract your original statement that those crew skills are in fact useless then? Or are you going to pretend your original claim wasn't what it was?

No. I completely 100% stand by my post. Biochem and Cyber are the most useful skills in the game by far and there is literally NO REASON to roll Armormech, Synth, or Arms. All the augments can be bought on the cheap with minimal investment and you do not need to buy multiple sets of them. They are a one time investment and you're done.

As far as making money, I have over 10M right now and that's not even close to the MOST I've had and it's all from my op cyber selling armorings and mods and my sorc biochem selling exotech stims and adrenals.

For BoP crew skill unique items and the best personal bonus and money making ability in the game, Biochem and Cybertech make the other crew skills look like a freakin joke.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know we were promised we won't get charged for it.....

It's not about price is about principle, they keep on promising us stuff then keep on backing out, it's infuriating.

WRONG!!

This is a direct quote from an interview with Jeff Hickman at Gamescon earlier this year:

http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

What (if anything) will subscribers have to pay for after F2P launches?

I wish I had a solid answer for you on that. We’re still in discussion about some of the larger content updates that we’re planning. Great example is the planet Makeb. We’ve talked about Makeb, we have a lot of plans around Makeb. I wish I could give you more details, but I can tell you that I think the playerbase is going to be really, really pleased. More story content. New and interesting things for the players to do. More systems and interesting functions in the game … I can’t go into a lot of detail, but around things like that … This is a pretty big piece (of content). It is probably all that I can say. It is definitely still for discussion whether we sell that to the subscriber or the subscriber gets that for free because it is a big beefy chunk of content.

Stop inserting your misinterpretation of what was said!!! I don't see any promises of subs NOT paying for content?!?!?!

Edited by Wodaz

I'm complaining about exactly what I posted...re-read it. I'm complaining about the business practice. It's a cash grab because they're selling the service today and there is no actual service. There's no specification of the WHAT or the WHEN. If you're comfortable buying something today and not actually know what you're getting that's you're privilege but it doesn't invalidate my point of view.

I know how to protect myself and, as you suggested, I will certainly not pay for something until I have more details.

so what your angry about is OTHER people exercising THEIR free will to spend THIER money that THEY earned how THEY want which really isn't anyone else's business...

got it.....

Edited by CrazyCanukk

so what your angry about is OTHER people exercising THEIR free will to spend THIER money that THEY earned how THEY want which really isn't anyone else's business...

got it.....

Eh... no, that's not what they were complaining about at all. I suggest you go back and reread it because you clearly didn't understand it the first time. Get it?

No. I completely 100% stand by my post. Biochem and Cyber are the most useful skills in the game by far and there is literally NO REASON to roll Armormech, Synth, or Arms. All the augments can be bought on the cheap with minimal investment and you do not need to buy multiple sets of them. They are a one time investment and you're done.

As far as making money, I have over 10M right now and that's not even close to the MOST I've had and it's all from my op cyber selling armorings and mods and my sorc biochem selling exotech stims and adrenals.

For BoP crew skill unique items and the best personal bonus and money making ability in the game, Biochem and Cybertech make the other crew skills look like a freakin joke.

So you continue to maintain that those skills are pointless, yet you also state that you purchase augments? Might as well remove them from the game if they're pointless as you claim.

I'm complaining about exactly what I posted...re-read it. I'm complaining about the business practice. It's a cash grab because they're selling the service today and there is no actual service. There's no specification of the WHAT or the WHEN. If you're comfortable buying something today and not actually know what you're getting that's you're privilege but it doesn't invalidate my point of view.

I know how to protect myself and, as you suggested, I will certainly not pay for something until I have more details.

The same thing is true about pre-order of any game and that's a standard practice in the gaming world for years and years now.

Try again.

So you continue to maintain that those skills are pointless, yet you also state that you purchase augments? Might as well remove them from the game if they're pointless as you claim.

Yes, they are pointless to possess. I can make far more money and buy their products with my excess profits and Biochem actually gives me something I cannot get otherwise, reusable stims that in order to ACTUALLY BE GOD TIER I would be forced to buy and replenish on a regular basis.

There is a reason two of my five level fifties are biochem and a third is cyber.

so you dont feel like you should pay 10 bucks for an expansion that continues your story and increases level cap...my oh my it's the same as buying BC, WOTLK, Cata and Pandas your paying for new content and excpect just because you already pay 15 a month you deserve it for free? i support BioWare and their decision because this expansion continues our story...you payed 60, 80, or 150 to do the first three chapters correct? new things cost money its what makes the world go round, heck go turn on your PS3, Xbox or Wii every expansion or DLC cost something NOTHING is free :rolleyes:

So basically, you also do not participate in any kickstarter program. Which is of course your right, but I just wanted to check.

BJ

so you dont feel like you should pay 10 bucks for an expansion that continues your story and increases level cap...my oh my it's the same as buying BC, WOTLK, Cata and Pandas your paying for new content and excpect just because you already pay 15 a month you deserve it for free? i support BioWare and their decision because this expansion continues our story...you payed 60, 80, or 150 to do the first three chapters correct? new things cost money its what makes the world go round, heck go turn on your PS3, Xbox or Wii every expansion or DLC cost something NOTHING is free :rolleyes:

haha, I dont play WoW but their expansions are huge and have value in them. Bioware are to scared to indicate what people are going to be paying for, theres no video, nothing but vague statements so people form hope in their mind and buy on the back of that.

I dont think its a good sign when you have to sell hope to your customers, this smacks of desperation and trying to grab cash to make the spreadsheets look better to prevent certain people getting canned.

So basically, you also do not participate in any kickstarter program. Which is of course your right, but I just wanted to check.

BJ

wait are you comparing or describing SWTOR, the game with the biggest budget in the history of MMOs as a kickstarter project?

I don't know about closed beta but it was indeed stated a few months ago that expansions will be free. However there were many changes to the studio. Layoffs, people quit, f2p etc. So nothinh that was said back then is valid anymore because of all the changes. But they are putting out more content and honestly it doesn't cost that much. For subs it's less than a ticket for a movie. Yeah I think that's about it :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they said the update like 1.4 1.6 1.5 will be free. NOT EXPANSION

I thought all SWTOR expansions were going to be free, i could have swore that was said back in closed beta and launch. It has been some time since closed beta and launch, but come can some one update me on this?

Here's what I posted earlier about these rumors:

This is a direct quote from an interview with Jeff Hickman at Gamescon earlier this year:

http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

I wish I had a solid answer for you on that. We’re still in discussion about some of the larger content updates that we’re planning. Great example is the planet Makeb. We’ve talked about Makeb, we have a lot of plans around Makeb. I wish I could give you more details, but I can tell you that I think the playerbase is going to be really, really pleased. More story content. New and interesting things for the players to do. More systems and interesting functions in the game … I can’t go into a lot of detail, but around things like that … This is a pretty big piece (of content). It is probably all that I can say. It is definitely still for discussion whether we sell that to the subscriber or the subscriber gets that for free because it is a big beefy chunk of content.

I don't see any promises of subs NOT paying for content?!?!?!

Edited by Wodaz

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they said the update like 1.4 1.6 1.5 will be free. NOT EXPANSION

But the question is, how do you draw a line between an update and an expansion anyway? Especially after we were promised more frequent updates + now they are hording them for money

you guys should know by now that EA is the scrooge of gaming they charge for everything. This is no different. Heck put yourself in their shoes. the game is dying and they will try to make a last buck while they can. Edited by Swifz

Here's what I posted earlier about these rumors:

I don't see any promises of subs NOT paying for content?!?!?!

Thank for this. When was gamescon, wasn't it just this past fall? That seems to be the most recent quote about Makeb

Still waiting for the "all expansions will be free" quote.

But the question is, how do you draw a line between an update and an expansion anyway? Especially after we were promised more frequent updates + now they are hording them for money

well last few updates we didnt get charged for it...there is definetly a line of content between a new war zone with some new gear sets and handfull of space missions and a whole planet line,levels,gear,fluff,flashpoints,raids, and stuff we dont know about.

haha, I dont play WoW but their expansions are huge and have value in them. Bioware are to scared to indicate what people are going to be paying for, theres no video, nothing but vague statements so people form hope in their mind and buy on the back of that.

I dont think its a good sign when you have to sell hope to your customers, this smacks of desperation and trying to grab cash to make the spreadsheets look better to prevent certain people getting canned.

THIS! I whole heatedly agree.

If Makeb came with

New planet, level increase, new abilities, Act Four Class Story, New race, New class, Mounts, Pets, Multiple Flashpoints, new raid, new tiers of gear, new crafting skills and a raise on the crafting cap, new schematics I would happily pay $40 for it. THAT would be a beefy chunk of content and worth paying for. But right now they are asking us to pay extra for something that doesn't really look all that much bigger than major patches that subs have had included in their $15 per month.

Thank for this. When was gamescon, wasn't it just this past fall? That seems to be the most recent quote about Makeb

Still waiting for the "all expansions will be free" quote.

Beginning of August...shortly after F2P was announced.

I'm still waiting on the quote too because I think this is the one everyone misunderstood when he said they are still debating on what is to be free or charged for. ;)

I'll pay a bit if it means continued quality VO and story content.

If going freebie meant stuff like black hole and sectionX (hooray for terminals aye?) then they can nickel and dime me all year long.

Hopefully it performs well financially and paves the way for full blown expansions down the line.