Secrets of the Enclave - Graul - Companion Despawns

DarrenBlackhawk

So I get to the first boss in Secrets of the Enclave Story Mode flashpoint, and my companion and the NPC companion both despawn making Graul extremely difficult to defeat as a dps class with only rating 278 gear.

Other people have seen this bug as well, but I do not see it in the list of known 7.0 issues (I searched for Graul, Secrets, and Enclave in that thread).

Any known workarounds? We can't play 7.0 content without getting past this flashpoint.

The problem with that fight is the cliff you have to jump down just before you fight. Your companion wont like jumping down, and can stick causing him to despawn. I would suggest dismissing your companion just before jumping down, then summoning him again. As for the NPC companion, you have to carefully skirt the area until they pop down.

Tips:

Keep the grenades and rockets and stuff that you pick up earlier for this fight, especially for the swarm they really help out.

Try your Heroic Moment ability.

Use AOEs on the swarm.

Put your companion on Tank, that will free you up to take care of the swarm and manage the heal points.