Ilium - Admiral Shea

Im a level 50 BH and i can not get passed this guy no matter what i do. I keep getting my armor repaired. I swapped out Mako for Gault, then Drizz. I made Drizz Tank. I stood next to him and died. I ran around and died. This is getting hopeless and it doesnt look like BHs can skip this mission. I am open to more suggestions. If there is a trick to beating him I would love to know it. I would hate to abandon my level 50 BH here on Illium because of a stupid mission i cant finish or abandon.

As always. thanks in advance.

Ilum and Admiral Shai

The forum's search function showed me A New Order - Admiral Shai - Ilum with some good suggestions:

- Check that your gear level is not too low for the planet (my suggestion)

- Select him and click the first command on companion quickbar; that way the companion has aggro first

- Interrupt the ability (after he comes out of stealth) that puts the debuff; stuns and knockbacks might work too. Use companion's stun as well (disable it so the companion doesn't use it)

- Use your Heroic Moment abilities if you have them (my suggestion)

Edited by mike_carton

• 1 year later...

There is also the "unity" ability, which reduces damage on both you and your companion by 50% for 15 seconds, via legacy (and light side stuff). And yes, Heroic Moment, which is often forgotten. There should be at least one ability, the BH one, which deals nice damage, but the more important part is the healing: 2% every 3 seconds. I'm not sure if that is also covered by the heal debuff from the admiral or if that actually bypasses it. In the latter case that means 2 minutes of constant HP regeneration, which should be enough to kill that guy.

Note that the admiral drops a multitude of debuffs on you: slowdown, increase of damage received, lowered healing, etc. He can also be interrupted, so a combination of interrupts plus defensive abilities, heroic moment, and maybe also companion handling may get you there.

I remember that my experience with him was quite a mixed bag over the different toons, from "I ded! and another try ..." to "yeah, whatever". Last one was actually a BH, but powertech tank at 75 in good gear, so the whole thing was "yeah, whatever".

When I fought Admiral Shai with my deception assassin and lightning sorc, I found I couldn’t win playing DPS and using a healer. The debuff from Shai blocks or greatly reduces all healing from med packs, self heals, or companions. By setting the companion as tank and engaging them on the admiral, all I needed to do was clear adds and not take aggro from Shai. That trivializes the fight. It’s just unexpected because you’re able to romp everything else as DPS with healing companion. When you reach Shai, that will kill you unless you’re spot on with interrupts and cleanses to clear the heal blocker.