Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A New Order - Admiral Shai - Ilum

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
A New Order - Admiral Shai - Ilum

Griso
01.06.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1
Guys,

I could use some help here, I'm stuck on this Ilum quest, I probably suck but doesn't matter what I try, I simply can't get down admiral Shai. All the time I found myself suddenly full of DOT I can't get rid of... Doesn't matter what I do, avoiding aoe, healing, dps.. I die...

Is there any fellow merc vbale to provide me a hint or something to get over it?

Cheers,
Quote: Originally Posted by Zsavooz
I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway playing this game. I would love to name my pet, Wilson, but I can't.

Ilshenar
01.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #2
I just did this last night, took me 2 failed attempts but here is what I did.

Dps him and his adds till I got 4 stacks of the debuff, then I ran around doing nothing but avoiding him while Mako cc'd and smacked him around. When he spawned the adds I still los''d him and killed the adds quickly.

The 4 stack of debuff will come off slowly but they will drop off.....then give yourself a big heal and dps him some more. In the end Mako finished him off while I was running around avoid him.

I still cannot believe after all that crap and the beating she took from him and adds that she gave me a -30 aff for putting a bullet in his head.

Yazule
01.06.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilshenar View Post
I just did this last night, took me 2 failed attempts but here is what I did.

Dps him and his adds till I got 4 stacks of the debuff, then I ran around doing nothing but avoiding him while Mako cc'd and smacked him around. When he spawned the adds I still los''d him and killed the adds quickly.

The 4 stack of debuff will come off slowly but they will drop off.....then give yourself a big heal and dps him some more. In the end Mako finished him off while I was running around avoid him.

I still cannot believe after all that crap and the beating she took from him and adds that she gave me a -30 aff for putting a bullet in his head.

haha just like a wife huh? she is never happy
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

Splaktar
02.20.2012 , 12:12 PM | #4
Couldn't do this solo after 11k in repairs. Had to get a lvl 50 powertech to come and help me finish off a solo elite. Hardest/most bugged fight that I've seen in game yet.
Splaktar - Mercenary - Jedi Covenant

DarkenDragon
02.20.2012 , 04:19 PM | #5
yea this boss is a pain in the butt, you gotta just get rid of the debuffs by LoSing him and trying to avoid him hurting you since the debuffs will reduce healing done to you and damage you deal by like 100% so its impossible to do anything while your debuffed.

I feel like this boss is broken or it should be listed as a Heroic 2+ since its almost impossible to kill him without trying to LoS him

Cernow
03.03.2012 , 08:47 PM | #6
Just completed this on Powertech and it was a disaster the first attempt but went smoothly the second once I read some tips.

To avoid the debuff you need to interupt his Deadly Shots ability, which he only does on coming out of stealth. Powertech should have enough interupts to cope with this, but Mercenary might struggle depending on build. So the best thing you can do is use Mako and keep her Electro-Stasis on manual control. If you save this ability and use it on him as soon as he reappears you won't get the debuff.

Avoid the debuff and this is a straightforward fight.

ckoneful
03.03.2012 , 09:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
Just completed this on Powertech and it was a disaster the first attempt but went smoothly the second once I read some tips.

To avoid the debuff you need to interupt his Deadly Shots ability, which he only does on coming out of stealth. Powertech should have enough interupts to cope with this, but Mercenary might struggle depending on build. So the best thing you can do is use Mako and keep her Electro-Stasis on manual control. If you save this ability and use it on him as soon as he reappears you won't get the debuff.

Avoid the debuff and this is a straightforward fight.
Onoes, i have to compensate for boss mechanics and not just nuke til dead?! UNPOSSIBLE, REQUIRES GROUP.

SheepishOne
03.04.2012 , 03:02 AM | #8
I just let Blizz tank him. I believe it took me three or four stealths before he dies while Bodyguard spec. As long as a companion grabs agro first you won't need to deal with the debuff. The fight requires some lateral thinking, but is otherwise not that bad. The adds are laughable; Admiral should be your focus whenever he's able to be punished.
----------------------------------------
Selfish - 50 Mercenary - Jung Ma
----------------------------------------

Hxxr
03.04.2012 , 09:25 AM | #9
Interrupt him with a stun or knockback after he reappears and starts charging up.
Move out of the area effect stuns and bombs.

EverWonder
05.06.2012 , 03:24 PM | #10
This quest is STILL bugged after 2 months.... way to fail bioware.... way to fail...