Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

I honestly don't see how the Rising Republic loses here. It has suitable counters for the CIS fleet's strategies, a tactician who knows what tricks they'll pull, more advanced fighters, and a ton of anti-fighter weaponry.

But, if anyone thinks otherwise, go ahead and say so.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Su'cuy'gar Ner'vod! (Hello brother)" Ayan greeted the captain of the Keldabe. "I am Ayan of Clan Ordo. Me and my fellow warriors are coming here to establish a base on the home planet of our clan. I assume that we are wlcome?"

OOC: going to bed now.

*Relieved that the large fleet approaching was lead by a Mandalorian, the captain of the Keldabe responded*

"This is Brasher of clan Ordo, as a brother, I invite you to dine me and mine tonight. I would know of how the galaxy fairs beyond this system."

*OOC: Brasher isn't much for using Mando words, due to never really being able to pronounce them. He is more a Mandolorian by adoption than birth.*

Edited by Silenceo

I really see no reason to debate this one the RR completely out class and out gun the CIS fleet here and the only thing they will lose is about 10 DP20 and 10-12 CR90 to the Munificents before they are taken out.

The biggest issue I see is twofold.

One, the prow cannons on those Munificents (as much as they are a glass cannon) still unload an impressive amount to firepower. If they unload on the Corvettes that leaves a window for the fighter force... I predict severe casualties to the Corvettes for sure. The corvette casualties would be limited to being more severe against the CR-90s than the DP20s which have better shields.

However I agree Marauders with a corvette screen is a solid tactic and should remove a lot of the enemy's teeth without too much damage to your force.

I have one other worry though. The Providence and Lucrehulks are massive relative to most of Aubere's fleet and the anti-fighter defence of the Lucrehulks is scary good. I predict severe fighter casualties and some damage to the Acclamators or MC80 in the process before those ships go down (the Lucrehulk alone has a lot of sheer size to punch through even with shield piercing weaponry). The Marauders will be defended like they're made of fine china so I don't predict any casualties or damage on their part.

This would be a lot easier if they were willing to run away.

TL:DR I see Aurbere's forces winning, but suffering more casualties than I think he expects.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Liberation of Gall

CIS Forces:

30 Battalions of b1's (10,000)

10 Battlions of b2's (3,000)

1 Squad of Magna Guards (4, guard general)

1 T-Series

10 AAT

100 STAAP

HQ:

Former Imperial Enclave

Battle Plan:

Hold the Canyon

Call for aide

Defend the commander

Reimpose rule on Gall

Vs

Farewell Coalition

30,0000 Black suns foot soldier

10,0000 Droideka Mark II

500 light troops

500 heavy troops

75 TX-130T Fighter Tank

50 2-M Saber-Class Tank

10 AAC-2 Hovertank

15 HAVw A6 Juggernaut

20 T4-B Heavy tank

2,450 Nightfalcon speeder bike

150 Amphibious interstellar Assault Transport/Infantry

100 Nemesis-class gunship.

Battle Plan:

Phase 1:We have 3 YZ-2500 heavy transports land in the Canyon along with the one already their.I would have 20 of my Amphibious interstellar Assault Infantry/Transport to take my light troops who are snipers and a guard of black sun foot soldiers to protect their rear to a place over looking the enclave where they can provide sniper fire. Second I will use the Juggernauts and the Amphibious to transport my Units closer to the Enclave but not close enough to be seen.Then we will start our advance towards the Enclave.

Phase 2:the Assault we start to advance on their position with the Droideka leading the charge and the troops in middle with the Vehicles following in the Rear.When the fighting starts the vehicles in the rear will open fire on the AAT destroying them as soon as their deployed and the AAC-2 Hovertank will make sure the STAP are a irrelevant .Follow by the Nemesis-class gunship will provide close air support for the troops on the ground.The Nemesis will come in as squadrons and in groups when needed.The Droideka will provide cover with their shields for the foot soldiers and they will fire though the gaps with their A280 Blaster rifles.The A280 will tear through the B1 with easy and the B2 will go down after a shot or two.The Driodeka's will mow down anything that cross their path.With the sniper fire also raining down on their heads the mop up will be easy.

Phase 3:Is cleaning house the Nightfalcon speeder bikes will come in as if they were cavalry and chase down and destroy any droids left and any droids trying to escape.IF the Magnaguards show up I'll blast them with my TX-130T Fighter Tank.

The Droideka shields should limit my soldiers casualties.

Variables:

- Canyon causes periodic choke points

- CIS forces know the lands well

- Population are holding their breath to see who wins

- Adrian is present and has such tactical skill:

Siege:6

Field:4

Air:3

Skirmish:10 (rank 2)

Logistic:6

Terrain-6

- CIS have heavily fortified their HQ

- Forest and Canyon are heavily mined, they did this to deter rebels

- The Magnaguard are experienced against jedi, lethal to any who approach

Debate!

IC: "Get me in contact with the Republic. It is time we negotiate."

And with that the bridge of the Runi came alive with the buzz of activity.

*Aboard the Venator titled, "Avenger", their comm systems indicated they were receiving a message from the Yag'Dhul system. The system a fleet of Republic ships had just reported in from, saying that Mandolorians had taken control and that Master O'gis and his apprentice were MIA.*

*The captain of this vessel was named Vrol, a Besalisk from the planet Hoth. He respected those of leadership, but often held disdain for trickery. He, much like the Imperial Rom Mohc, had a collection of droid trophies in his personal chambers. He turned back to the comm unit*

"Open channel. Scan for markings."

Edited by Silenceo

The biggest issue I see is twofold.

One, the prow cannons on those Munificents (as much as they are a glass cannon) still unload an impressive amount to firepower. If they unload on the Corvettes that leaves a window for the fighter force... I predict severe casualties to the Corvettes for sure. The corvette casualties would be limited to being more severe against the CR-90s than the DP20s which have better shields.

However I agree Marauders with a corvette screen is a solid tactic and should remove a lot of the enemy's teeth without too much damage to your force.

I have one other worry though. The Providence and Lucrehulks are massive relative to most of Aubere's fleet and the anti-fighter defence of the Lucrehulks is scary good. I predict severe fighter casualties and some damage to the Acclamators or MC80 in the process before those ships go down (the Lucrehulk alone has a lot of sheer size to punch through even with shield piercing weaponry). The Marauders will be defended like they're made of fine china so I don't predict any casualties or damage on their part.

This would be a lot easier if they were willing to run away.

TL:DR I see Aurbere's forces winning, but suffering more casualties than I think he expects.

Yes, the prow cannons are an issue, but they won't get much opportunity to be used because of the Marauder cruisers. Let's remember what the Munificents are here: floating paper-weights. They have very weak hulls. A single bombardment from a lone Marauder should be able to do crippling damage to any one Munificent. Right away that's pretty much all of the Munificents crippled or destroyed. If a second bombardment is necessary, then that'll be the end of them.

Fair point about the big ships, but an entire fleet of warships pointed against three ships is enough to bring them down. They'll be dealing with missiles, proton torpedoes, and a plethora of laser cannons from a monumentally larger force.

If need be, I'll provide quotes for the B-wing's arsenal just to show its capacity for damage.

Also need to know how well these went:

With the days work mostly done (OOC: Since essentially all the fun conversation happen on Sunday or something ) Aliria went to plan the rest of the weeks activities.

1. Land Inquisition forces on Ord Mantell.

2. Send a diplomatic envoy to Onderon on a two fold mission--gain permission to use Onderon as a second base of operations and tell her family she's safe (mostly). This envoy will use of the ship Pelam Teshavin.

3. Investigate the planet more--try to get more information regarding any shady business with local politicians, important recent events.

4. Bring the governor's family under one roof.

ORD MANTELL:

With Ord Mantell serving as a base of operations it was time to start building momentum for the Inquisition.

Week 3 Goals:

1. Lend Inquisition aid to Ord Mantell--aid police in difficult cases, talk to schools, send engineers to help on construction projects.

2. Begins planning an Inquisition Academy--recruits have to come from somewhere.

3. Continue investigation on certain aspects of the governors past.

4. Send diplomatic missions to the shipyards at Yaga Minor and Bilbringi--sending out the Watchman and Guardian.

1. Rebels are fighting back, public morale up

2. Planning goes well, but requires more resources *10,000 credits, 2,000 metal, 2,000 crystal, and 1,000 food to build a basic academy*

3. Nothing new at present

4. Those in charge have agreed to meet with the diplomats

5. Forces landed and integrating into the garrison

6. Onderon goes slowly, but well

7. Immediate area is oddly absent of black market dealings, and all seems quiet

8. Daughter is being summoned from the Imperial Navy, but his son is still missing

1. Rebels are fighting back, public morale up

2. Planning goes well, but requires more resources *10,000 credits, 2,000 metal, 2,000 crystal, and 1,000 food to build a basic academy*

3. Nothing new at present

4. Those in charge have agreed to meet with the diplomats

5. Forces landed and integrating into the garrison

6. Onderon goes slowly, but well

7. Immediate area is oddly absent of black market dealings, and all seems quiet

8. Daughter is being summoned from the Imperial Navy, but his son is still missing

1. Intel needed on rebel faction. Leaders/Reasons/Bases/etc.

If need be, I'll provide quotes for the B-wing's arsenal just to show its capacity for damage.

I have no doubt about that (and am quite aware of the B-wing's armament), but they are historically slow and the Lucrehulk is quite well suited to dispatching fighters with ease (I have quotes of my own). I have no doubt you'd win. I think the casualties though will be costly and honestly without the Marauders you'd stand no chance.

However, the wealth of Eriadu should help offset the losses so I wouldn't be too worried...

And good points on the rest. So does a Marauder outrange the Munificents greatly or are the relatively similar in range?

Edited by StarSquirrel

I have no doubt about that (and am quite aware of the B-wing's armament), but they are historically slow and the Lucrehulk is quite well suited to dispatching fighters with ease (I have quotes of my own). I have no doubt you'd win. I think the casualties though will be costly and honestly without the Marauders you'd stand no chance.

However, the wealth of Eriadu should help offset the losses so I wouldn't be too worried...

And good points on the rest. So does a Marauder outrange the Munificents greatly or are the relatively similar in range?

I'm not sure, I don't think it's specified what ranges they have. Just 'long range' is all I know.

I'm not sure, I don't think it's specified what ranges they have. Just 'long range' is all I know.

My reason for asking is that if their ranges are even close, the corvette screen for the Marauders will have to be well within range of the Munificents before firing. Missiles go slower than lasers, so the Munificents could probably take down a few Corvettes (again primarily CR90s) before the first Marauder salvo hits.

I agree though that it would take 1-3 salvos to annihilate the Munificents or at least cripple them enough that they are no longer a threat.

Edited by StarSquirrel

My reason for asking is that if their ranges are even close, the corvette screen for the Marauders will have to be well within range of the Munificents before firing. Missiles go slower than lasers, so the Munificents could probably take down a few Corvettes (again primarily CR90s) before the first Marauder salvo hits.

I agree though that it would take 1-3 salvos to annihilate the Munificents or at least cripple them enough that they are no longer a threat.

Of course, I expect casualties. Though, I think the CR90s can take evasive maneuvers to avoid some damage. So that would limit casualties and give time for the Marauder strikes to make contact.

Of course, I expect casualties. Though, I think the CR90s can take evasive maneuvers to avoid some damage. So that would limit casualties and give time for the Marauder strikes to make contact.

I know that as Arbiter and such I should stay out of it... but the prow cannons are not mobile at all, so what if the Corvettes used their extreme speed and the Munificents lack of defenses, as well as their commander's knowledge of CIS ships, to cripple the prow cannons before casualties are taken? Then RR can just bombard them all they want... :D

I was more getting at the fact that if they try to evade too much it'll throw them out of formation and create gaps for the enemy fighters. If the Tri-fighters (of which there are thousands) and break through a hole in that line the Marauders and bombers are easy targets.

Of course if they cluster too much the Munificents get easy shots.

I feel the CR90s just don't have the shielding to hold up as well as the DP20s. Now those things are made for this job imo.

I was more getting at the fact that if they try to evade too much it'll throw them out of formation and create gaps for the enemy fighters. If the Tri-fighters (of which there are thousands) and break through a hole in that line the Marauders and bombers are easy targets.

Of course if they cluster too much the Munificents get easy shots.

I feel the CR90s just don't have the shielding to hold up as well as the DP20s. Now those things are made for this job imo.

Its stated the vast majority are Vulture's and the bomber variant.

I know that as Arbiter and such I should stay out of it... but the prow cannons are not mobile at all, so what if the Corvettes used their extreme speed and the Munificents lack of defenses, as well as their commander's knowledge of CIS ships, to cripple the prow cannons before casualties are taken? Then RR can just bombard them all they want... :D

It's possible. The CR90s could be held back for the defense while the DP20s are sent to cripple the Munificents. Like Star said, they are more suited for it. Also, if the DP20s move in, the Prows would have to focus on them. Evasive maneuvers allow them to avoid fire while they close in.

So, yeah, it could work.

Economy: 17,565 Credits / 16,303 Food / 16,465 Crystal / 16,570 Metal / Yag'Dhul- 1,000 construction slips

Construction/Repairs:

1 Venator (repair) - 114 slips

1 Acclamator (repair) - 75 slips

75 Skiprays (repair) - 225 slips

1 Strike-class (repair) - 45 slips

2 Jehavey'ir-type (repair) - 38 slips

100 X-83's (construction) - 5,500 credits - 2,800 metal - 200 slips

25 Skiprays (construction) - 5,750 credits - 2,875 metal - 75 slips

Remaining: 6,315 credits / 16,303 Food / 16,465 Crystal / 10,895 metal / 227 slips

Economy: 17,565 Credits / 16,303 Food / 16,465 Crystal / 16,570 Metal / Yag'Dhul- 1,000 construction slips

Construction/Repairs:

Remaining: 6,315 credits / 16,303 Food / 16,465 Crystal / 10,895 metal / 227 slips

Just to make known to all, here are the rules for repair:

- Needs a station/shipyard

- Ships being repaired take the same time it would take for a ship to be built

- Repair is 100% free, only taking time

- Ships being repaired are considered ancient (so -20% to time spent vs building a new ship)

- Just damaged ships only take half the time. (so -20% then /2)

- Crippled ships take the full time. (So just the -20%)

- How long it will take has to do with how many slips are used (slips each do 10x10 meters daily.)

- Repair time is rounded down, so if a ship takes 2.2 days to repair, it only takes 2 days.

- Days refer to RL days, which is a week in-game.

Adding these to the OP in other thread.

Just to make known to all, here are the rules for repair:

- Needs a station/shipyard

- Ships being repaired take the same time it would take for a ship to be built

- Repair is 100% free, only taking time

- Ships being repaired are considered ancient (so -20% to time spent vs building a new ship)

- Just damaged ships only take half the time. (so -20% then /2)

- Crippled ships take the full time. (So just the -20%)

- How long it will take has to do with how many slips are used (slips each do 10x10 meters daily.)

- Repair time is rounded down, so if a ship takes 2.2 days to repair, it only takes 2 days.

- Days refer to RL days, which is a week in-game.

Adding these to the OP in other thread.

I have more slips than I have money to use them at this point so I'm just setting them up with enough slips to have them done in a single day regardless even if I might assign a few more than needed.

Construction/Repairs:

Hey star How do you calculate your economy and slips?

Hey star How do you calculate your economy and slips?

Economy section of the Conquest thread's OP.

You have to control a planet but if you do, PM me or Sil and one of us can help you out.

Slips are determined by what shipyard the planet has and how big it is.

Edited by StarSquirrel