Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest

Silenceo
01.06.2015 , 10:41 PM | #1
Conquest

Starting Fleet:
Spoiler

Movement:
Spoiler

Ship Production
Spoiler

Unit Production
Spoiler

Economy:
Spoiler

Rules
Spoiler

NPC's
Spoiler

Character Skill Tree's
Spoiler

Faction Experience
Spoiler

Faction's

Unique Design Outlines
Spoiler

Agenda Outline
Spoiler

Faction's Outline
Spoiler

Remember, this is all meant to be fun and while I know the numbers might complicate it a bit, it is better for balance without having to preset values to every planet in the galaxy. Suggestions, opinions, feedback and such are all welcome and encouraged. Now, how much interest is there in such a game on these forums...?

Side Note: Edited starting allotted area to compensate for math mistake. (I'm tired, okay? ) I also fixed a mistake in the economy section where I forgot to put the baseline for planets before the variables. I had also forgot to add weapon costs and gradiants so I added that into the construction section as well. I also fixed a typo that was present in the starting ship section so that was present.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

tunewalker
01.06.2015 , 11:35 PM | #2
I will argue, depending on the "volcanic" level of the planet, food should be AMAZING there since Volcanic soil is fertile.

There are several other areas that should probably give "extra food"

Will try to make a fleet and such here soon see how it goes.

Also crime can be just as much a boon to economy, depending on how honestly.

Silenceo
01.06.2015 , 11:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I will argue, depending on the "volcanic" level of the planet, food should be AMAZING there since Volcanic soil is fertile.

There are several other areas that should probably give "extra food"

Will try to make a fleet and such here soon see how it goes.
Aye, that is something I kept tossing back and forth myself, but I settled that since the majority of planets classified as volcanic would have enormous amounts of volcanic activity that could harm crops and livestock.

Though adding gradients of each planet might be too complicated... The planet section needs much refinement as is though, so feel free to share all thoughts there.

As for the fleet, I left out height due to... inflation... That, and most ships tend not to have that much in it anyways. The ones that do... Will be dealt with in a case by case basis.

Side Note: In regard to crime, that is true, another one of the things I believe needs to be discussed here.

After Thought: An example of planets classifiable as Volcanic would be places such as Mustafar.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

tunewalker
01.06.2015 , 11:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Aye, that is something I kept tossing back and forth myself, but I settled that since the majority of planets classified as volcanic would have enormous amounts of volcanic activity that could harm crops and livestock.

Though adding gradients of each planet might be too complicated... The planet section needs much refinement as is though, so feel free to share all thoughts there.

As for the fleet, I left out height due to... inflation... That, and most ships tend not to have that much in it anyways. The ones that do... Will be dealt with in a case by case basis.

Side Note: In regard to crime, that is true, another one of the things I believe needs to be discussed here.
For other "extra food" areas you should probably look at things like "temperate" for good stuff. even "oceanic" could have good food stuff.

LadyKulvax
01.06.2015 , 11:58 PM | #5
So wait a minute, are we including ground units in a complex manner? Are we going to designate any crews or the like?
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Silenceo
01.06.2015 , 11:59 PM | #6
Mock fleet example:

Imperial Star Destroyer MK II: 640,000 x 1.1 = 704,000 (10% for being the advanced version of the MK I)

1,000,000 - 704,000 = 296,000 left.

10 tartans: 250 length. About 5 times longer than width... 250x25 = 6250 yet it is state of the art due to the sensors, targeting computer, and engines among other components. 6250x1.2=7500 per tartan

All 10 would cost 75,000. 296,000 - 75,000 = 221,000

4 Strike cruiser: 450x90 = 40500 Systems have some advances, but also drawbacks, equating into standard or no change.

All 4 would cost 162,000. 221,000 - 162,000 = 59,000

That would leave fighters with 59,000 area to work with, keeping in mind that only so many can fit onto the ships, so keep hyperdrives in mind.

Side Note: There are indeed ground forces, but they depend on the ships you chose and their carrying capacity for troops. When crafting a faction, you will decide defining characteristics such as basic troops, style, ect. So if it was a pirate faction, you would start with mercenaries. Or if it was Galactic Empire based it would have Imperial Soldiers.

LadyKulvax
01.07.2015 , 12:02 AM | #7
And I am extremely interested in seeing this go forward, I always thought WOTDT had unlimited potential, complexity should not scare us.

I shall begin designing my fleet immediately.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Silenceo
01.07.2015 , 12:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
And I am extremely interested in seeing this go forward, I always thought WOTDT had unlimited potential, complexity should not scare us.
You have no idea how happy that makes me.

That said, I am open to expanding and exploring other systems or such, perhaps even more involved ground troop variables and such. By myself I could only go so far, yet within such a short time of posting this, there are already great suggestions rolling in!

Like I said when this started, while I will be doing a lot of thinking and such on it, this is ultimately a community project. One person can not do it all, and the more input there is, the greater it can become.

Side Note: If you need help with how advanced ships would be classified or such, feel free to ask. Though, I am sure that you can figure it out for the most part. Probably should include a *tech is universal* rule so that it is only the quality that changes *in terms of archaic and such*. Though, that would mean the ranking would have more to do with how up-to-date the ships tech is than anything else... Another topic I am sure we can tackle.

LadyKulvax
01.07.2015 , 12:20 AM | #9
Can't find any source on the width of my ship.
Jedi Order

Silenceo
01.07.2015 , 12:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Can't find any source on the width of my ship.
Rough estimate will do then, sadly this is the case with many ships such as the tartan. One thing you could do is compare the narrow part of the ship and compare it to the overall length, getting a fairly rough estimate like I did with the Tartan. However, if the ship is circular like many mon cal designs or the Strike class, it is fine to use the height/depth if no width is listed, since as a circle, it is the same thing basically.

What ship are you looking for though? Perhaps I can help?