Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

S_W_LeGenD

To clear it up...

So yeah, 80% of Sidious.

Although considering ROTJ is Vader's peak, it is probably just meaning Sidious as ROTJ. DE Sidious is more powerful.

Not to mention the text is speaking in present form and about "The Last Battle" which it was talking on context of ROTJ.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clear it up...

So yeah, 80% of Sidious.

Although considering ROTJ is Vader's peak, it is probably just meaning Sidious as ROTJ. DE Sidious is more powerful.

But how much more powerful, do you really think DE emperor is MASSIVELY more powerful then RotJ Emperor. I never thought so.

I still look at it as 80% sidious Period. It doesnt specify anything, and I always thought Vader would need to be "closer then 80%" to RotJ Palp's to be strong enough to (while exhausted from his son) survive the kind of power Palps could put out.

I think the prophecy suffers from not being fully explained. Balance in the Force wasn't really explained in the movies. They just said he'd bring the Force back into balance.

Though, to be honest, you're looking at it from a numbers perspective. I'm not entirely sure numbers really matter because the Darth Plagueis novel states that the Sith supplanted the Light with the Dark, even though there were more Jedi than there were Sith.

It's all so confusing.

Not so much numbers, but Yoda balanced Palpatine, Kenobi with Vader, the prophets with the knights etc. Relative power in the force was balanced.

But Plageuis and Palpatine unbalanced it with massacring thousands, because the fall of one person supposedly wouldn't affect the force as a whole, which is why Palpatine's death doesn't make sense as balancing the force when the Galaxy is still being suppressed...

But how much more powerful, do you really think DE emperor is MASSIVELY more powerful then RotJ Emperor. I never thought so.

I still look at it as 80% sidious Period. It doesnt specify anything, and I always thought Vader would need to be "closer then 80%" to RotJ Palp's to be strong enough to (while exhausted from his son) survive the kind of power Palps could put out.

By feats? He is, ROTJ Sidious wasn't able to destroy fleets or ravage the surface of planets with Force Wormholes, he was able to do them, but hadn't mastered it. Among other things that he showed, that and quotes do point as DE Sidious > ROTJ Sidious as here..

Soon he was ready to strike. Fully healed and in greater control of the Dark Side than ever, he finally acted to end the Mutiny.

Source: Dark Empire Sourcebook

"You've grown very strong in the Force since we last met… But then, so have I!"

Source: Dark Empire

The key to Luke's turning is the moment when he and Leia realize the Emperor is no longer defined by his physical form, but has become a chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space, tearing apart everything in the vicinity, human and machine.

Source: Dark Empire Endnotes

Still...regardless, being 80% of ROTJ Sidious is nothing to sneeze at anyway.

Regular Sidious never displayed the power to instantly destroy one starship. Let alone blowing away a starfleet.

By feats? He is, ROTJ Sidious wasn't able to destroy fleets or ravage the surface of planets with Force Wormholes, he was able to do them, but hadn't mastered it. Among other things that he showed, that and quotes do point as DE Sidious > ROTJ Sidious as here..

Still...regardless, being 80% of ROTJ Sidious is nothing to sneeze at anyway.

But really HOW MUCH stronger is the question. And werent you just saying (and the quotes for RotJ Sidious even) still has RotJ Sidious > all Sith before. Which would mean even if this was the case Vader would be 80% of Sidious in RotJ who by the other quotes is still > Vitiate or any other sith so even ones stronger then vader are some form of percent UNDER RotJ Sidious Yes?. Are Luke and Sidious REALLY so much greater then EVERYONE.... I guess thats a possibility.

Edited by tunewalker

But really HOW MUCH stronger is the question. And werent you just saying (and the quotes for RotJ Sidious even) still has RotJ Sidious > all Sith before. Which would mean even if this was the case Vader would be 80% of Sidious in RotJ who by the other quotes is still > Vitiate or any other sith. Are Luke and Sidious REALLY so much greater then EVERYONE.... I guess thats a possibility.

Yeah, pretty much.

Anyway time for Rebels, new season starts!

But really HOW MUCH stronger is the question. And werent you just saying (and the quotes for RotJ Sidious even) still has RotJ Sidious > all Sith before. Which would mean even if this was the case Vader would be 80% of Sidious in RotJ who by the other quotes is still > Vitiate or any other sith. Are Luke and Sidious REALLY so much greater then EVERYONE.... I guess thats a possibility.

Most of those quotes just say Sidious is stronger. That he had mastered the dark side greater than any other Sith.

Yeah, pretty much.

Anyway time for Rebels, new season starts!

Speaking of Rebels vs Empire... I think I am going to make a post on this.... its about Non-force sensitives, training and Vehicles I wanted some thoughts, so if any one enjoys that come on and bring your thoughts. :D

Not so much numbers, but Yoda balanced Palpatine, Kenobi with Vader, the prophets with the knights etc. Relative power in the force was balanced.

But Plageuis and Palpatine unbalanced it with massacring thousands, because the fall of one person supposedly wouldn't affect the force as a whole, which is why Palpatine's death doesn't make sense as balancing the force when the Galaxy is still being suppressed...

Well, if balance in the Force would be explained better it wouldn't be so confusing. :rolleyes:

I still don't get it, to be honest.

By the way, what about Darth Krayt? It's not that he has shown some ''hyperstorms'' or ''galaxy consumption'' but in the FOTJ: Apocalypse it was implied that he's something like rival to Luke if I understood it correctly. Nevertheless, he and Luke fought Abeloth and Krayt held his own( It's not like he was hiding in the corner while Lord GM was doing the job ).

That being said, I personally haven't read the novel.

''Restoring balance in the Force'' means nothing more than removing the shroud and stopping the dark side from being prevalent due to the last 4,5 members of the Rule of Two and their unnatural machinations in the astral/metaphysical depths of the Force while in deep meditation.Especially the combined efforts of Plagueis and Sidious.

And then the Force didn't like it when these guys were playing god and it fought back ,and due to both Plagueis and the Force fighting back Anakin was born and etc,etc,etc,etc,etc.

Edited by Kaedusz

''Restoring balance in the Force'' means nothing more than removing the shroud and stopping the dark side from being prevalent due to the last 4,5 members of the Rule of Two and their unnatural machinations in the astral/metaphysical depths of the Force while in deep meditation.Especially the combined efforts of Plagueis and Sidious.

And then the Force didn't like it when these guys were playing god and it fought back ,and due to both Plagueis and the Force fighting back Anakin was born and etc,etc,etc,etc,etc.

As much as I usually disagree with you this is correct. It has NOTHING to do with the power between the Jedi/Sith/Dark Side users. That isn't what it is at all. The power the jedi/sith hold is usually irrelevant in the greater scheme of things. Light, dark, good, and evil are natures that everyone has. The Sith intended on DESTROYING the Light Side and turning the force itself into Darkness. The Jedi do NOT seek to erradicate the Dark. Lucas made it clear it was the Sith, specifically the rule of two, that was creating imbalance. Palpatine's line aka the Bane Line needed to go.