Clear up some questions about gearing after 306

Neo_Psy

Gearing seems a little confusing to me atm, so far I've gathered I need to buy 320 green gear from vendors or find it in flashpoints etc. And then upgrade that green gear to something higher using those annoying multiple currency things that I seem to be collecting slowly. But my question is this, am I meant to wear that green 320 gear over my pimped up gold 306 gear which seems to be much better, or just keep it in my bags until I've upgraded it fully?

So far the "upgrades" seem really weak and I'm sort of scratching my head wondering what the best way to move forward is.

Thanks for any tips.

To figure out what gear to bother getting and their level limits

To try and customize your stats

Those charts are as clear as mud. 🙄

About the only thing I can figure, is to try to get 320 blues and forget the rest. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 months later...
Idk what there talking about , my pimped 306 gold kicks way more azz than that pos green 320 from vendor. Multiple tests were done to confirm it.

Yes maybe, but the 320 is just a step on the way to 326, which should be your goal.

Edited by JediQuaker

Yes maybe, but the 320 is just a step on the way to 326, which should be your goal.

Which still brings you back to under stats pre 7.0

with the augs i pulled from my 306 gear my accuracy shows on fleet at 105.06% and my item rating is 326 with the gold set bonus implants all 15 pieces have the augs where as on the 306 gear my acc was 111.01% [before 7.0]...

Even on fleet before I started to gear up the 306 gear lost the accuracy when 7.0 launched.

I still feel I wont catch up to where I was.

Point being my goal is not met with 326 smh

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

Which still brings you back to under stats pre 7.0

with the augs i pulled from my 306 gear my accuracy shows on fleet at 105.06% and my item rating is 326 with the gold set bonus implants all 15 pieces have the augs where as on the 306 gear my acc was 111.01% [before 7.0]...

Even on fleet before I started to gear up the 306 gear lost the accuracy when 7.0 launched.

I still feel I wont catch up to where I was.

Point being my goal is not met with 326 smh

If you're just using green 326 gear, you have to change the vendor's view to show gear from other classes so you can buy pieces that have Accuracy that otherwise don't for your spec's gear (ie, your spec may get Accuracy on the boots but not the gloves, whereas if you swapped to show all specs, another spec might get Accuracy on the gloves and not boots, etc). You can buy and upgrade those other pieces once you set the vendor to show items for all specs.

If you're using gear obtained elsewhere, like GSF or FPs or whatever, I'm not sure if buying the green 320-324 pieces will cause those same pieces to drop as upgrades even if they're not your spec's actual piece, or if you'd need to play on a character with that spec to actually get a drop for that spec's gear set.

This was the answer from the devs to the complaint that we wanted stat customization. That and "use augments".