Legacy Buff Question

Scorpius-III

Coming back after a hiatus and I understand how the legacy buffs work and all but I do have a question. After the 7.0+ updates, I understand the buff button is gone. If you're eligible for one of the legacy buffs you'll simply have it on, with no button to press anymore. But... If I create say a new BH, thereby following the BH storyline but I use the Operative "skillset" and go past chapter 2, is that going to unlock the BH buff or the IA buff? Does anyone know?

Bounty hunter, because the buff you're referring to is unlocked upon the completion of the 3rd chapter of the origin story. What your combat style is doesn't affect that.

If you create a trooper, but play a smuggler combat style, you're not unlocking smuggler companion buffs but trooper companion buffs, because you're still playing the trooper story with the trooper's set of companions.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Coming back after a hiatus and I understand how the legacy buffs work and all but I do have a question. After the 7.0+ updates, I understand the buff button is gone. If you're eligible for one of the legacy buffs you'll simply have it on, with no button to press anymore. But... If I create say a new BH, thereby following the BH storyline but I use the Operative "skillset" and go past chapter 2, is that going to unlock the BH buff or the IA buff? Does anyone know?

Buffs are a part of the story. You will definitely unlock the BH buff when you finish ch. 3 if it was not done before.

Then you will always have it for the account/legacy.

Edit: Was a few minutes too slow while typing .

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

So, I know it used to be you had to get through chapter 2... are you guys now saying I must get past chapter 3 to enable the legacy buff?

It's still chapter 2.

Open your legacy tab (Y) and under global unlocks should be imperial classes and republic classes. Click on either of those to see what buffs you have and what buffs you still need. Completing chapter 2 is all that is required for the class buff.

It's still chapter 2.

Open your legacy tab (Y) and under global unlocks should be imperial classes and republic classes. Click on either of those to see what buffs you have and what buffs you still need. Completing chapter 2 is all that is required for the class buff.

This. Chapter 3 gives the Heroic Moment ability of your origin story.