Why does my Rakata Bulwark armor keep changing?

I share all of my armor between characters and the Rakata armor has different appearances if you are on the Imp side or the Pub side.

My Force Lord set displays correctly on the Imp and Pub sides.

My Targeter set displays correctly on the Imp and Pub sides.

The Bulwark set, that's another story. It has always displayed the Imp version on both the Imp and Pub sides. However, I logged into one of my Imp side characters today and it's displaying the Pub version for him now. I logged back to another Imp character and it goes back to the Imp version. I log onto a Pub character, and it stays as the Imp version.

Anyone else noticing this with the Rakata Bulwak set?

I share all of my armor between characters and the Rakata armor has different appearances if you are on the Imp side or the Pub side.

My Force Lord set displays correctly on the Imp and Pub sides.

My Targeter set displays correctly on the Imp and Pub sides.

The Bulwark set, that's another story. It has always displayed the Imp version on both the Imp and Pub sides. However, I logged into one of my Imp side characters today and it's displaying the Pub version for him now. I logged back to another Imp character and it goes back to the Imp version. I log onto a Pub character, and it stays as the Imp version.

Anyone else noticing this with the Rakata Bulwak set?

Yes it's normal behaviour for armor sets this ancient.

Ancient? This is the brand new 330 set.

Well, it has the same texture as the old rakata gear, I dunno when it was actually in game cuz I started being sentient around 5.X - I think it was in 1.0?

Anyway, there are more armors that do this.

Well, it has the same texture as the old rakata gear, I dunno when it was actually in game cuz I started being sentient around 5.X - I think it was in 1.0?

Anyway, there are more armors that do this.

I understand it has different appearances if you are on pub side or imp side. However, if you go back and read my post, you'll see that the appearances are showing up on the wrong sides.

Out of curiosity, is the character part of one faction but using a combat style from the other faction?

i.e., an Imperial character with Guardian active?

No opposite faction combat styles. Here are some images:

Dark Side Mercenary on the Imperial Fleet with the Republic skin:

https://imgur.com/a/ySdBxjB

Light Side Sage on the Republic Fleet with the Imperial skin:

https://imgur.com/a/pcHl4u9

I have them saved in outfitter but even if I equip them, they are wrong.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Ancient? This is the brand new 330 set.

way back in development the developers were adamant that each class have their own "look". At release we didn't even have modable gear so everyone ended up looking exactly the same (as designed).

Some of the gear had two specific models attached to one item. One model for Republic and one for Empire. Depending on which faction put the armor on the armor would look different. It is an old technique that hasn't been used since the first years of SWTOR.

For 7.0 Rakata the devs basically copied the system we had in 1.0 (?).

The developers eventually had to do away with this philosophy because players do not like looking the same as everyone else and the game needed a revenue source beyond the subscription.

Edited by illgot

It is an old technique that hasn't been used since the first years of SWTOR.

The split-appearance part of it also affects all the crafted gear introduced since 4.0. Notably this one: https://i.imgur.com/HV8WAXu.jpg (Charged Hypercloth Force-Expert's, crafted by Synthweaving for level 61+ characters. On Pubsiders, it looks completely different, with a helmet that's so dorky it has an event horizon.)

I'm not sure if people aren't reading or they are misunderstanding my post.

I know all about armors displaying differently on Imp and Pub side. However, with the Rakata Bulwark set, it it displaying the wrong skins for each faction on some characters.

I'm not sure if people aren't reading or they are misunderstanding my post.

I know all about armors displaying differently on Imp and Pub side. However, with the Rakata Bulwark set, it it displaying the wrong skins for each faction on some characters.

Maybe they changed it up so we can finally have that Imp side armor on a Rep and Rep side armor on an Imp!