7.0 Follow Up

KeithKanneg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a gluten for punishment.

Tried the heroic Alderaan set just for laughs. Pre 7.0 wasn't easy but doable, now it's just a long slow slog.

Why am I doing this? I used to enjoy this game... now I'm hating it the more I play.

:mad:

Thanks BW ... thanks for nothing!

• 3 weeks later...

For the glitch with Malgus, it's not just Malgus that does it. It's pushing / pulling in general. I've been pushed off the map by the gold star droids, the animal boss that has that roar which pushes you back really far, and when Malgus has either pushed or pulled. So there is something wrong with the push / pull mechanic itself.

To get around the animal boss from pushing me off the map, I've pressed myself against a wall.

I don't know if it'll help but I recorded me being under the map when this glitch happens:

I resubbed yesterday, because the game was on my playlist with new expansion. Boy oh boy, worst idea of 2022. What was this story? Honestly this was the best you could come up with since Onslaught? A completely bugged planet and a flashpoint, and boom there's you expansion? What an utter joke, really.

What happened to my character's build? Abilites removed, skill tree "re-worked", etc.

I could rant for hours but I'll just unsub.

I have this T-Shirt that says: "I don't always test my code, but when I do, I do it in PRODUCTION".

While this is a joke, it looks like this is the motto for Bioware (suggestions for renaming to BioFail or BugWare).

Let's take a look. Changes in 7.0 include making sure that one has to complete the entire operation to get the rewards (get f***ed prog groups or groups that had someone DC/leave for whatever reason).

Result: ToS and Dxun could not be completed. Oh, were you trying to get some of those mats required to upgrade your gear? Sucks to be you, ticket closed.

Could this have been detected with a simple QA test? Of course! Did it happen? Of course not, live user tested in production! Or, they knew it and decided to deploy it anyway.

New update: "fixing targeting bug" because "oooohhh players be skipping Dashroode mechanics, let's ignore all the other bugs and fix this first. Because priorities". Result: Other ops broken (Torque, Huntmaster, ...).

Could this have been detected with a simple QA test? Of course! Did it happen? Of course not, live user tested in production! Or, they knew it and decided to deploy it anyway.

And here I'm only talking about ops. If you change the way ops work, at least have the audacity to test them! Let me guess, you don't have any automated tests (Unit Tests, Integration Tests, End-to-end Tests) in place, right?

I think the only people who are still having fun in swtor are the ones who designed this 7.0 debacle "Lots of bugs!"

I can see them eating popcorn and laughing their butts off seeing all the complaints and bug reports flow in. You've successfully taken all the fun out of this game. Do us all a favor and just shut it down. No tears will be shed by anyone who's experienced 7.0. At least those who left before might still have some good memories. Don't ruin theirs by letting them experience this disaster.

Also, a big congratulations to you! It took you 10 years, but you've finally managed to get more known bugs in the game than it has lines of code!

Am I salty? Absolutely. I used to like this game. Now, it's a disgrace. Bioware used to stand for quality. Now, there's no quality to be found anymore.

I really wanted to like this expansion, and I tried very very hard. I still think that, upon release, people have been too harsh regarding a lot of things. And the new Galactic Seasons is really much better than the last.

But it's been three months since the delayed release, and almost half a year since the actual anniversary, and so far all we got was a very small and incomplete content update, a huge decrease in QoL, very incomplete bug fixes, and no bloody information!

Communication from the devs has been worse than that of Deutsche Bahn services. "We're listening". "We're working on it". Yeah sure you are. Give me actual content or information on actual content, all this blah blah is a joke.

I have never been more disappointed by a game, and it's not because the expansion was botched, but because of the way that is dealt with.

I'm genuinely finding it hard to find a reason to log in right now.

I've completed the GS (Season 2 was much better in terms of objectives than Season 1 so that was a plus), but now I'm done with that there's no new story to play through.

Gearing is awful, I don't play PvP or NiM ops these days so my gear is stagnant at 326 green. Vet FPs reward lower level gear than I was able to get from doing Heroics which seems dumb. SM Ops reward even lower gear than Vet FPs which again seems dumb considering some SM ops are still pretty challenging for players who haven't done a lot of them before (looking at you Izax).

MM flashpoints are so hard to get a group for and GF might as well not exist for it because you could literally sit in a queue for hours with no pops so it's not a reliable source of gear progression, HM Ops other than people farming KP and EV seem to just never be happening on the server I'm on so I've managed to score one piece of gear better than green 326 in months of playing. Meanwhile fleet chat is full of "LFM NiM Nefra" to farm a single boss ad nauseum and PvPers are getting into vet FPs with 326 purple gear...

With the removal of the renown system, at level 80 with no gear advancement it just feels like there's literally no point in playing because there's no progress to make on anything, I'm just running the same old content for nothing.

The whole 'expansion' feels like a trip back in time and not to a better point in the game's history.

Edited by khamseen_air

I'm genuinely finding it hard to find a reason to log in right now.

I know what you mean. I've logged in once in the last 30 days. I can't get motivated to play. For me, at this point, unless something drastically changes...this is probably how I'll play the game, if that.

My frame rates have been awful since 7.0.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

System Model: 90DD00C0US

BIOS: O1ZKT40A (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So...still nothing? I thought "7.0 is meant to invite new players to the game while also bringing new experiences to returning and veteran players." What a load of PR BS.

I don't know who's advising you folks, but you're going to alienate more players than you're going to gain, if this last "expansion" is any kind of bellwether. Said it yourself: this is a 10 year old game. You'll never turn it into an MMO that can compete in PVP or raiding with current games. You can't modernize a skill tree enough to ever matter. Introducing yet another new stat for the RNG gods doesn't make it more interesting. The strength of the game is literally in it's name: Star Wars. You should be focusing on story, and the ability for players to make their own.

The 30 - 60 min. of story content is a joke. The trash mobs, and fighting in between actual story "content," is tiresome, and not additive in the least. Most quality of life changes, that actually matter, have already been made; it's like you're messing with the UI and crap just for something to do, and it's completely the wrong area to be focusing your efforts. I'm starting to suspect the game just doesn't have the funding, and is just milking it for now.

If the story content is supposed to be drip fed, you've wasted half the year already, and left your fan base anemic.