Feedback on new Manaan Daily area: Suggestions for improvements:

Shayddow

1. Unlike other "daily" areas there is no "Gear" rewards for doing this area- i.e. daily resource matrix. So even for people in all 326's, being able to obtain matrixes for alts in your legacy is a good thing

2. On Imp side, the main questgiver does not have the room that he is in highlighted on the map. You get off the elevator and have to remember where to go. (haven't done Pub side yet). Please highlight this.

1. Unlike other "daily" areas there is no "Gear" rewards for doing this area- i.e. daily resource matrix. So even for people in all 326's, being able to obtain matrixes for alts in your legacy is a good thing

2. On Imp side, the main questgiver does not have the room that he is in highlighted on the map. You get off the elevator and have to remember where to go. (haven't done Pub side yet). Please highlight this.

Yeah, currently there is little actual reward for doing the Manaan dailies and the zone will be a ghost town once the folks grinding reputation cap out...

Even with the normal '30 frags and 3 Matrices' reward added to each mission, this zone will probably always be underpopulated in the future as it just seems slower to grind through than the older daily zones:

1. Too Many Healers: I know it's a Manaan thing, but the 'healer(s) in every pull' thing gets old fast (particularly the 'strong' healers who have another heal ready to go if you interrupt their cast)
  2. Splitting the dailies into a couple of zones doesn't really help things
  3. Having a 'probe' daily isn't really good either, though that might get better with practice

• Dev Post

Hey there,

1. This is actually unintended. We have a small bug fix patch coming soon (ideally in the next couple weeks) where this is currently slated to be fixed.
  2. I'll check that we have this tracked to get fixed in a future release. As always make sure to raise any bugs you see in the bug report forums!

-eric

Hey there,

1. This is actually unintended. We have a small bug fix patch coming soon (ideally in the next couple weeks) where this is currently slated to be fixed.
  2. I'll check that we have this tracked to get fixed in a future release. As always make sure to raise any bugs you see in the bug report forums!

-eric

Thanks for the update.

Hey there,

-eric

Would it be possible to please unlock the daily area for all characters without having to grind through the story? At the very least, it would be nice if it was unlocked for the entire account once one character makes it through the story. Edited by Glzmo

Would it be possible to please unlock the daily area for all characters without having to grind through the story? At the very least, it would be nice if it was unlocked for the entire account once one character makes it through the story.

Why would they do that? They want you to waste so much time on that content.... because there is literally nothing else to do except one overtuned operation.

I noticed that too. My comp not only quit healing me. They seemed to quit healing themselves. They were getting killed by 2-3 trash mobs.

Maybe their reasoning is to get players to use other abilities more often such as unity and heroic moment and/or sacrifice on your companion.

It's basically what I ended up doing.

Here's what I don't understand why my LvL 50 comps aren't healing in the Daily Area, and the Selkath healers are healing at twice speed.

I was just coming here to post this. I think the enemies in the Manaan daily area are a bit overtuned. My level 50 comps can barely keep me alive against 3 strongs and the Selkath healers practically outheal my DPS.

Another thing I've noticed is that my healing comp is now breaking any CC I use. I'll throw a WW on an enemy and within 5 seconds, it's broken because my healing comp hit it with something (what I have no idea).

I was just coming here to post this. I think the enemies in the Manaan daily area are a bit overtuned. My level 50 comps can barely keep me alive against 3 strongs and the Selkath healers practically outheal my DPS.

Another thing I've noticed is that my healing comp is now breaking any CC I use. I'll throw a WW on an enemy and within 5 seconds, it's broken because my healing comp hit it with something (what I have no idea).

The 'strong' Selkath healers are the physical (digital?) embodiment of the old joke:

1. the first 90% of a project takes 90% of your time
  2. the last 10% of a project takes the other 90% of your time

Bursting them down to near-death is pretty easy, but actually finishing them off takes forever as they spam heal after heal (it doesn't help that many classes have to actually spec into their stun now).

Hey there,

-eric

Thank you

Here's what I don't understand why my LvL 50 comps aren't healing in the Daily Area, and the Selkath healers are healing at twice speed.

I haven't noticed that on my healers. I did notice that Corso was being a pain (he's set on dps) but the others are going good on their healing. Now that is not to say there isn't a problem, just I didn't notice it on mine.

Hey there,

-eric

I appreciate the heads up. I'm still putting this area on hold until it's squared away. BTW: It should be noted that overall, I do like the area. In the meantime, I guess I'll stick to doing the same ol' grindy thing to get geared up ( I have to go where the "Daily Resource" stuff is for us lowbie solo players) .

I haven't noticed that on my healers. I did notice that Corso was being a pain (he's set on dps) but the others are going good on their healing. Now that is not to say there isn't a problem, just I didn't notice it on mine.

IMO .. depends on the "area". As it stands, I need either a shorter cooldown on "Heroic Moment" or a few TWEAKS (only a few tweaks) to the healing abilities of my companion (usually Lana or Kira). Please note: Before someone jumps in and starts the usual "stuff" about companions being overly aggressive ... NO! Besides I'm not looking for an overhaul .. Just enough tweaks to make the situation manageable.