So are you going to fix companions?

Zergnaut

So are you going to fix companions or just keep ignoring us? Can we get an answer on this? I have 0 problems at 80. However level synced areas are a diff story! they are incredibly broken atm. I had no issues soloing Belsavis Weekly Heroics before. Now its next to impossible. There is literally next to no diff between a level 1 and level 50 companion in a level synced area!

This is not an issue Bioware should remain silent on.

Edited by Zergnaut

There is nothing to fix for companions. They were overpowered for years. Just be careful not to pull massive groups and you'll be fine. They're still better then they were from Launch through 4.0 when Level sync was introduced and they made them Serious overpowered.

There is nothing to fix for companions. They were overpowered for years.

Heh... they were overpowered and healing companions are fine now, but there is some stuff to fix. Companions seem to miss/be resisted systematically on some of their abilities, which shouldn't happen

Influence having little influence on combat is also, well, not ideal. I don't believe the solution is to uncap presence (that's just what people who want the game to play itself want), but influence shouldn't buff presence, it should give a %based bonus to the companion's stats, like 0.5% health/power per level or something like that.

Finally I believe (but cannot verify because the stats aren't shown in-game anymore) that presence is having a disproportionate effect on health and little effect on power.

This doesn't look right at all (Taris Rep, synced to level 21) :

Player Character : 4756 HP

LVL1 Companion : 7903 HP

LVL 50 Companion : 9536 HP

Elite NPC : 5990 HP

Edited by Loc_n_lol

They have been fixed. They are not OP anymore, good. Keep the presence capped and fix actual bugs like some attacks missing 100%

No they are not. They are broken. Mine randomly goes from healing to attacking targets like a dps companion. This never happened before. Have the same issue if I set their role to tank

Companions seem to miss/be resisted systematically on some of their abilities, which shouldn't happen

This person gets it

Edited by Zergnaut

No they are not. They are broken. Mine randomly goes from healing to attacking targets like a dps companion. This never happened before. Have the same issue if I set their role to tank

This person gets it

It was the same as the last time they tried to nerf companions, they found that their AI is just too bad to function properly without being able to op heal in one go so they reverted 90% of the nerf and now it's worse this time around because on top of these nerfs you have capped tertiary stats too meaning your much weaker as well. More difficult meh! In most cases more tedious definitely in all cases.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Keith finally acknowledged this today. Check Dev Tracker

This isnt much of an acknowledgement:

"About companion strength, we’re investigating why they are underperforming in level-synced content."

But, i guess ill take what i can get. To me, it so very much reads to me that they did it on purpose and they tell us its a bug....when its really not.

At this point, i just want them to give the comps just a little strength back....they dont have to totally revert them back to 6.x stats. Theres no point to letting players do what they did for so long with their comps just to completely shut them out of it with new additions to the game. Its like having a door literally slammed in your face......and who likes that....nobody, thats who.

• 3 weeks later...
There is nothing to fix for companions. They were overpowered for years.

According to who? - did BW make a post about it? Can you link it?

Just be careful not to pull massive groups and you'll be fine. They're still better then they were from Launch through 4.0 when Level sync was introduced and they made them Serious overpowered.

They also introduced items for sell for RL money that people bought called commander's companion boosts. Many people (including myself) bought a bunch of them, again, with real life money with the advertisement of making your companions more effective. Then they took our money and nerfed the companions.

You straight up don't know what you are talking about.

Was the commander's compendium thing used to be a Cartel Market item? I only started playing last year and you need tons of credits for the 3 Dark Project and millions more credits. If it is the former, BW really shot themselves in the foot, people spending real money for something that now doesnt work.

Everything with companions has been Addressed by Chris. Fix inc

Hi folks,

One last thing I wanted to address is companions, and their effectiveness in combat. The root cause for companions suddenly becoming worse tanks or not drawing aggro or dealing damage as expected was a bug in how their base stats were applied when loading into a planet or area. This caused some of their stats to be missing or inaccurate, which made things like their taunt ability or area of effect damage abilities miss their target NPC every time. The fix for the companion issue is also coming in the 7.0.2 update.

An additional note on companions and their effectiveness: the Presence base stat does scale in Level Synced content to reflect the amount of base Presence a player would expect to have in that level range. This would apply to Presence earned through character level-up and from equipment. However, the system does not scale any bonus Presence earned from raising the influence levels of companions, so companions with high influence levels will always be more effective across all content where companions can be used.

Thanks!

-Chris

I want to know if they're screwing us on legacy presence. That should absolutely not be taxed.

Your question has already been answered. reread it. Only the Base Presence scales. Any Bonus presence does not. Only base. In live currently ALL presence scales. Thats whats broken

Edited by Zergnaut

Your question has already been answered. reread it. Only the Base Presence scales. Any Bonus presence does not. Only base. In live currently ALL presence scales. Thats whats broken

This is what appears to be the issue. Although the character sheet shows a big difference in Presence between an Influence 50 and Influence 1 companion, ability performance is not consistent with the difference (unless, the formula has been changed drastically from 6.0). The difference is almost unnoticeable in that the increase in healer performance is totally wiped out by the increase in NPC damage as you get to higher level planets. It's viable on low level planets where NPC burst damage is low, but becomes problematic at higher level planets where the burst damage massively exceeds the healing output of the Companion, overwhelming most defensives (if the class has a decent defensive at all)

The question is, will they revert the companion to their old OP state in 6.0 ???

It sounds like all they are doing is fixing how Presence works with companions so that Influence 50 companions are much more powerful than Influence 1 companions. In other words, making it "Working as Intended".

Was the commander's compendium thing used to be a Cartel Market item? I only started playing last year and you need tons of credits for the 3 Dark Project and millions more credits. If it is the former, BW really shot themselves in the foot, people spending real money for something that now doesnt work.

Yes, they were bought with real life cash.