Can't gather certain resources?

TheFuture

Some of the resources on my map can't be mined or clicked in at all for that matter. Anyone know if this is a bug or maybe my archaeology level isn't high enough?

This is just a guess, but I think it may be that the resources can only be mined/extracted a certain number of times within a given amount of time. Think of it like the action-based objectives where you have to sometimes wait 10-20 seconds after someone else interacts with the objective before it "refreshes" for you to be able to interact with it. Except with resources, it takes much, much longer to "refresh."

I'm guessing it's a bug, because normally when you gather something, at least for archaeology, the object vanishes. I've gathered hundreds of crystals and those artifact tablet things and they always disappear.

Also, when you mouseover the node it will normally show the you level of the gathering skill required.

I am pretty sure its a bug. I have seen nodes that are on the map, but you can't interact with them. Once I see that it is broken, I haven't seen it become functional.

It is not because someone has harvested from that node and they are respawning. I have harvested a node, and then stood there chatting with some one and watched the node respawn.

I have I am curious to see if they become functional after the server reset tonight.

This is just a guess, but I think it may be that the resources can only be mined/extracted a certain number of times within a given amount of time. Think of it like the action-based objectives where you have to sometimes wait 10-20 seconds after someone else interacts with the objective before it "refreshes" for you to be able to interact with it. Except with resources, it takes much, much longer to "refresh."

But why does it still show up on the mini map that there is something for you to extract?

I am pretty sure its a bug. I have seen nodes that are on the map, but you can't interact with them. Once I see that it is broken, I haven't seen it become functional.

It is not because someone has harvested from that node and they are respawning. I have harvested a node, and then stood there chatting with some one and watched the node respawn.

I have I am curious to see if they become functional after the server reset tonight.

I've never been able to harvest any resources myself yet. I'd be more inclined to think it's a problem of leveling if some resources I can harvest while others I can't. However, this seems more like resources are just broken for me.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...