PvP Weekly - can we swap from "10 wins" to "20 games, wins count x2"

Lindraskada

as per title.

its really dispiriting to try to finish this and have it fail due to RNG of groups - essentially being penalised due to bad luck

This is a suggestion that has been championed by Trixxie and others for a very long time here. I've seen suggestions of making it as much as 40 wins in order to appease the bootstrap-pulling try-hards who like to throw around terms like "lazy" and "participation trophy". At this point, I really think we should just get a petition going. It worked for getting them to nerf Remote Slicing in GSF, so why not here?

No. Changing it to require wins was one of the best things they did.

No, it's not. It demonstrably isn't. A solid 80% of the PvP community railed against this change when it was announced, and multiple people stopped playing altogether.

"It makes people try to win!"

Is that the argument you're about to pull out of your hat? Because several people have said that (see try-hards comment above) and they're objectively wrong. There has been a massive uptick in people just number farming, sitting on nodes, or hiding in stealth since this new system was implemented.

The people who weren't trying beforehand didn't gain an incentive to do so. They gained justification for deciding to jerk off in the middle of the warzone once the game stopped going their way.

This is a suggestion that has been championed by Trixxie and others for a very long time here. I've seen suggestions of making it as much as 40 wins in order to appease the bootstrap-pulling try-hards who like to throw around terms like "lazy" and "participation trophy". At this point, I really think we should just get a petition going. It worked for getting them to nerf Remote Slicing in GSF, so why not here?

No, it's not. It demonstrably isn't. A solid 80% of the PvP community railed against this change when it was announced, and multiple people stopped playing altogether.

"It makes people try to win!"

Is that the argument you're about to pull out of your hat? Because several people have said that (see try-hards comment above) and they're objectively wrong. There has been a massive uptick in people just number farming, sitting on nodes, or hiding in stealth since this new system was implemented.

The people who weren't trying beforehand didn't gain an incentive to do so. They gained justification for deciding to jerk off in the middle of the warzone once the game stopped going their way.

My experience and many others have been different as a whole. Ever since the lockout was added and they changed the dailies warzone matches have improved 10 fold. Its significantly better now and reverting back to that garbage daily counting losses would just encourage people to go back to not trying.

There has been a massive uptick in people just number farming, sitting on nodes, or hiding in stealth since this new system was implemented.

Don't forget the people who actively try to throw, by doing things like carrying the huttball in the enemy team's direction and slash stucking it in 4v's, just so they can be out of the fruitless loss more quickly. Granted, certain trolls already did this under the old mission system, but considerably more players took it up as a means to an end once the only-wins-count clause was implemented.

what you're referring to as the "PvP community" is not the "PvP community". no PvPer would give a flying **** about the daily/weekly, it gives basically no rewards and is easy to complete no matter what bioware does with it. the only people who care (what you refer to as "80% of the PvP community") are actually PvErs who actually want the reward. PvPers dont give a hoot about the daily/weekly, they would still be there PvPing regardless.

This is a suggestion that has been championed by Trixxie and others for a very long time here. I've seen suggestions of making it as much as 40 wins in order to appease the bootstrap-pulling try-hards who like to throw around terms like "lazy" and "participation trophy".

hell yeah, it should be. they should increase the daily to 10 wins, and the weekly to 40 wins. else, they should make it so that you have to get top damage/healing/prot in 10 games for the weekly, that way you have to actually learn to PvP in order to complete it.

Edited by zerkington

My experience and many others have been different as a whole. Ever since the lockout was added and they changed the dailies warzone matches have improved 10 fold. Its significantly better now and reverting back to that garbage daily counting losses would just encourage people to go back to not trying.

I suppose we all see mostly what we want to see, myself included.

Edited by Sappharan

Don't forget the people who actively try to throw, by doing things like carrying the huttball in the enemy team's direction and slash stucking it in 4v's, just so they can be out of the fruitless loss more quickly. Granted, certain trolls already did this under the old mission system, but considerably more players took it up as a means to an end once the only-wins-count clause was implemented.

I've gone the wrong way in huttball before on accident. It happens sometimes, especially on og and vandin, though not so much on quest with the obvious arrows on the walkways.

as per title.

its really dispiriting to try to finish this and have it fail due to RNG of groups - essentially being penalised due to bad luck

They should change it back to the 20 losses/10 wins weekly it used to be for like 6 years and worked great. The change to win's only clearly doesn't fix what they intended it to do (prevent afkers, win traders, leaving matches, you name it, ext). It was a bad idea like when they changed conquest from 4.0 to the nazi fest it was until they total redid it and made it a joke - you can set your talents congrats here's 60k in conquest.

No. Changing it to require wins was one of the best things they did.

No, hell no. Absolutly not and 100% sure this is the worst thing they made and by FAR. You just can't climb. It is impossible. Sorry

And you are gonna spit out the same reason as the others ''If there are gold and plats there it's because it's possible''

No it's not. Some are very good BUT they win trade/hack or else. There is 0,0000001% to get gold or plat for me and many others peeps there. Since I know I can kill golds and plats easy and I hear you're gonna say, then why aren't you gold or plat yet? Because I got very often a non experienced team and then I win I lose I win I lose non stop each week each month each year without changes. I just got bad luck. That''s all and I'm exhausted of it and I will probably leave soon because of this.

Like I said in some previous topics I made there are some suggestions of my part:

-Reduce a lot win and rating requirements for ranked

-Add a system that give rating for the people who do a better job. For example it counts the number of stuns/cleanse/off heals/dps you do and you gain rating to cancel the number of rating while you lose a game at least to give a ******* chance for pvpers to climb ranks.

-Remove the win requirements and add a bit more games played.

what you're referring to as the "PvP community" is not the "PvP community". no PvPer would give a flying **** about the daily/weekly, it gives basically no rewards and is easy to complete no matter what bioware does with it. the only people who care (what you refer to as "80% of the PvP community") are actually PvErs who actually want the reward. PvPers dont give a hoot about the daily/weekly, they would still be there PvPing regardless.

hell yeah, it should be. they should increase the daily to 10 wins, and the weekly to 40 wins. else, they should make it so that you have to get top damage/healing/prot in 10 games for the weekly, that way you have to actually learn to PvP in order to complete it.

LOL are you out of your mind? People would stop regs instanly dude.... some are so ignorant they just do regs to get their own gear set xD

Imagine not having anymore BG.... that would be non sense.

Edited by TheOverMind-

One suggestion that has support, even in the ranked community on discord is to bring back the points system, but adjust the win loss ratio. My personal suggestion is for a 4:1 ratio, while others have suggested a 3:1 ratio. Bioware could easily try one or the other and adjust it as necessary.

You can still keep the pvp weekly = 10 wins. But to complete the weekly and not win any matches would take 40 losses.

This way you encourage people to play to win and discourage people who queue to purposely afk to complete a weekly.

At the same time, people who have a run of bad luck don’t feel like they are completely wasting their time.

40 losses is around 400 mins based on an average game taking 10 mins. That a big disincentive for afk players.

Of course, it’s unlikely you will lose all 40 matches (even with the worst luck). So people who lose and try won’t always feel like they are getting nothing for their effort. And say you average a 50/50 win loss ratio, you’ll get your missions done in 20 matches.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

One suggestion that has support, even in the ranked community on discord is to bring back the points system, but adjust the win loss ratio. My personal suggestion is for a 4:1 ratio, while others have suggested a 3:1 ratio. Bioware could easily try one or the other and adjust it as necessary.

You can still keep the pvp weekly = 10 wins. But to complete the weekly and not win any matches would take 40 losses.

This way you encourage people to play to win and discourage people who queue to purposely afk to complete a weekly.

At the same time, people who have a run of bad luck don’t feel like they are completely wasting their time.

40 losses is around 400 mins based on an average game taking 10 mins. That a big disincentive for afk players.

Of course, it’s unlikely you will lose all 40 matches (even with the worst luck). So people who lose and try won’t always feel like they are getting nothing for their effort. And say you average a 50/50 win loss ratio, you’ll get your missions done in 20 matches.

Some interesting ideas. However, why not just revert the weekly the way it was. They still have the 10 wins the part, just add back the 20 losses part as counting to the weekly. The removal of 20 losses to the 10 wins weekly doesn't do what the devs intended it's a complete failure on their part, change it back plz.

Not an opinion, and I play every day.

With all due respect, your experience massively differs from the majority of people who play PvP. Just look at the comments on any thread where the win/loss ratio comes up. It generally ends up as you and one or two other people championing the current system while half a dozen or more people say that they want it obliterated right damn now. Differing experiences = an opinion.

Some interesting ideas. However, why not just revert the weekly the way it was. They still have the 10 wins the part, just add back the 20 losses part as counting to the weekly. The removal of 20 losses to the 10 wins weekly doesn't do what the devs intended it's a complete failure on their part, change it back plz.

Because BioWare wants a deterrent to AFK players, that’s why they brought in the win only requirement. So making it so AFKers would have to do 40 matches is the next best thing. IMO, the 20 matches you suggest aren’t enough of a deterrent.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Because BioWare wants a deterrent to AFK players, that’s why they brought in the win only requirement. So making it so AFKers would have to do 40 matches is the next best thing. IMO, the 20 matches you suggest aren’t enough of a deterrent.

bioware may think that by not having win's it's the best way to deter afk however it's not. I see more afking now then I ever did when the weekly was 10wins/20losses. Sadly the devs are out of touch when it comes to pvp they always have been and always will be.

Honestly, the removal of losses in the weekly makes it so there is no point to even try at all b/c for pvp losses you really get nothing compared to when you win the match. I've asked plenty of folks in 100's of pvp matches and the majority when they are losing just afk and stop trying so that's what bioware got for their change of the reg pvp weekly quest.

Edited by Ibokagain

With all due respect, your experience massively differs from the majority of people who play PvP. Just look at the comments on any thread where the win/loss ratio comes up. It generally ends up as you and one or two other people championing the current system while half a dozen or more people say that they want it obliterated right damn now. Differing experiences = an opinion.

The 5 people complaining on the forums are hardly a majority.

Did BW ever revert anything back in PvP for Swtor....

Bioware has reverted or made things better many times. Take conquest for an example pre 5.0 it was super easy to hit conquest on multiple toons. Then for some reason, BioWare decided in 5.0 that conquest should be hard and take forever to hit on one toon let alone multiple alts. Bring about 6.0 and look at where conquest is now it's easier than it was 4.0 and prior.

Yes Bioware can simply add back in the 20 losses to the weekly that they removed, or if they are really interested in fixing issues in reg pvp warzones maybe they should actually listen to their pvp players and not make silly changes that do not fix the issues.

LOL are you out of your mind? People would stop regs instanly dude.... some are so ignorant they just do regs to get their own gear set xD

Imagine not having anymore BG.... that would be non sense

oh, you mean it would work exactly as intended? all the losers who go afk and/or start being toxic in gen/ops chat the second they think they're going to "lose" a game would no longer PvE in warzones, degrading the experience for everyone else who does actually enjoy PvPing? good, it's perfects then. i'd say your reaction to the idea is irrefutable proof that BioWare should in fact implement it.

Ok they brought back the win requirement but you can still be 2-3 weeks without winning a game because your team is so bad and doesn't play objective that makes people discouraged and the disapointment is such high they just don't play pvp at all. You have the problem between discouraging AFKERS and people who try to get their weekly. Even 10 wins is too high and some people here wish 40 win? LOL! Insanity! Plus, some people wanted votekick back! LOL! I can't believe people are tunneling their mind with this. I lost so many games in ranked and still don't want the votekick back And now people think win requirements was the best thing xD

The more they keep the ranked like this, the worst is going to happen to pvp. People are gonna get pissed by trying to climb and fail every time, just like the 10 win requirements. This is why I stopped to focus regs and try to get a better rank each day in ranked '' but in vain ''. Trust me this is going in the bad way

Ok they brought back the win requirement but you can still be 2-3 weeks without winning a game because your team is so bad and doesn't play objective that makes people discouraged and the disapointment is such high they just don't play pvp at all. You have the problem between discouraging AFKERS and people who try to get their weekly. Even 10 wins is too high and some people here wish 40 win? LOL! Insanity! Plus, some people wanted votekick back! LOL! I can't believe people are tunneling their mind with this. I lost so many games in ranked and still don't want the votekick back And now people think win requirements was the best thing xD

The more they keep the ranked like this, the worst is going to happen to pvp. People are gonna get pissed by trying to climb and fail every time, just like the 10 win requirements. This is why I stopped to focus regs and try to get a better rank each day in ranked '' but in vain ''. Trust me this is going in the bad way

i really dont see the issue. i never fail to get all 10 points for my weekly usually every tuesday if not wednesday night; i almost always do the entire weekly in a single night, and i am a number farmer who plays solo 90% of the time, i dont have an objective bone in my body. if people are having trouble finishing the weekly there is only one possible explanation and that is that they are the cause of their losses, they are probably the ones who are expecting to be carried, throwing a fit when they aren't carried, and not participating.

this is why i suggested a performance based weekly. sure, the worst of the useless **** bags will end up leaving and not play anymore. but there will be others that will actually learn to PvP, and actually PvP in order to get a reward. as for the people who already enjoy PvP, they will still be there PvPing too, regardless of the reward. because they dont care about it anyway.

this is why i suggested a performance based weekly. sure, the worst of the useless **** bags will end up leaving and not play anymore. but there will be others that will actually learn to PvP, and actually PvP in order to get a reward. as for the people who already enjoy PvP, they will still be there PvPing too, regardless of the reward. because they dont care about it anyway.

Performance base would be great they would have to change a lot though to make it work but it's a neat idea.

Question for you how many hours a day do you play this game, how many days a week?

Performance base would be great they would have to change a lot though to make it work but it's a neat idea.

Question for you how many hours a day do you play this game, how many days a week?

it varies. but on average i usually play every other day. else, sometimes i play for 3 or 4 days and get burnt out for the rest of the week. i play approximately 4 days a week and usually play between 4-6 hours each night i play. so i guess, around 16-24 hours per week.