Thoughts on PVP?

Neo_Psy

There are a lot of people complaining about hackers and cheaters in this thread. I can only speak from anecdotal experience, but my perspective is pretty extensive being a big PVP player playing on and off since the start of the game.

In my thousands of games of Warzones, both ranked and unranked, I have only ever encountered a single speed hack cheater. Most people that claim hacking or cheating is common just really have no idea what they are talking about imo.

Edited by ResidentHero

Saying you've seen an untargetable cheat invalidates your opinion of what a cheat is.

Actually not completely true. Many hacks make players dsync or untargetable in some similar manner such as flyhacks, wall hacks, and anti-interupt hacks. With many of these hacks Bioware's engine can't keep up with the hacks which causes the unintended effect of also massively dsyncing.

Edited by septru

Actually not completely true. Many hacks make players dsync or untargetable in some similar manner such as flyhacks, wall hacks, and anti-interupt hacks. With many of these hacks Bioware's engine can't keep up with the hacks which causes the unintended effect of also massively dsyncing.

I have never seen an untargetable player that was not explainable by standard desync issues - it is always someone who has rolled, sprinted, rocketed out, leapt near a change in elevation or wall. The very few times I've seen someone using a speed hack have been blatantly speedhacking and not something that's even possibly explainable as s normal in game bug.

You could say someone starting a cap on voidstar after rolling or sprinting toward the door is cheating, but how many times do players do those actions completely legitimately? Is that a hack if only works one in a dozen attempts? Only if they have over 150ms ping?

Again my issue is the person/people who say cheaters using third party cheating programs is a regular occurrence in this game. It's not.

I have never seen an untargetable player that was not explainable by standard desync issues - it is always someone who has rolled, sprinted, rocketed out, leapt near a change in elevation or wall. The very few times I've seen someone using a speed hack have been blatantly speedhacking and not something that's even possibly explainable as s normal in game bug.

You could say someone starting a cap on voidstar after rolling or sprinting toward the door is cheating, but how many times do players do those actions completely legitimately? Is that a hack if only works one in a dozen attempts? Only if they have over 150ms ping?

Again my issue is the person/people who say cheaters using third party cheating programs is a regular occurrence in this game. It's not.

People used to use walk hacking in void Star to be untargetable. That’s how they would use it to open the door without being interrupted. So your example using void Star is flawed. If we go on your logic, then we should assume your misunderstanding of how it works also invalidates your arguments because you don’t understand it.

Maybe instead of attacking or vilifying everyone here who brings up cheating, you should accept that it happens and it’s possible they maybe have seen it. You weren’t there, so how would you know. Denying cheating only lets the cheats get away with it. I’m assuming you aren’t one of those people who want cheats to get away with it?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm not saying that it is. I actually agree that hacks are more rare than people say they are. At least people on the forums *cough* trixxie *cough*.

I'm just stating a fact about how hacks usually operate in this game.

People used to use walk hacking in void Star to be untargetable. That’s how they would use it to open the door without being interrupted. So your example using void Star is flawed. If we go on your logic, then we should assume your misunderstanding of how it works also invalidates your arguments because you don’t understand it.

Maybe instead of attacking or vilifying everyone here who brings up cheating, you should accept that it happens and it’s possible they maybe have seen it. You weren’t there, so how would you know. Denying cheating only lets the cheats get away with it. I’m assuming you aren’t one of those people who want cheats to get away with it?

The number of people who are acting like cheating happens regularly in this game, just in this thread, far outnumber the number of actual number of people who have used a third party hack in swtor for long enough to be complained about.

Acting like these complaints are real and valid just further empowers people like the player I initially replied to, so they think there really is a chance that those mean premades are farming them using a third party hack.

The number of people who are acting like cheating happens regularly in this game, just in this thread, far outnumber the number of actual number of people who have used a third party hack in swtor for long enough to be complained about.

Acting like these complaints are real and valid just further empowers people like the player I initially replied to, so they think there really is a chance that those mean premades are farming them using a third party hack.

How do you know that? You don’t play on every server, every day, 24 hours a day in every game at once.

You can’t possibly know what’s going on besides what you see with your own eyes. Your conjecture is about as valid as the OPs if we use your logic.

The only people that can make sweeping statements like yours or the OPs and be 99% correct is BioWare.