Option to ignore 1 type of wz

Dorthisp

Can we get an option to ignore single type of wz

1. Huttballs

2. Arenas

3. Alederan/Yavin

4. Voidstar

and so on. Ignore 1 and you don't get that in random/unranked but only 1 TYPE not just 1 wz. Oh and as a penalty if you ignore a WZ you are on lower queue priority than someone who does not ignore any.

Edited by Dorthisp

Can we get an option to ignore single type of wz

1. Huttballs

2. Arenas

3. Alederan/Yavin

4. Voidstar

and so on. Ignore 1 and you don't get that in random/unranked but only 1 TYPE not just 1 wz. Oh and as a penalty if you ignore a WZ you are on lower queue priority than someone who does not ignore any.

They can easily add the filter that is used in pve dungeons to pvp.

Need more than one map choice to ignore.

What if you dislike the Hutt ball format and don’t want to play any Hutt ball?

Or what if you don’t like OPG and Hutt ball? You can nearly guarantee if you can’t choose both, the other one you don’t like will pop the most.

Or don’t like Arena format?

They actually told us during a livesteam last year when talking about the upcoming changes to the PvP system that they are also looking into giving us players the option to queue for specific warzones. My guess would be that it functions like the activity finder for flashpoints so that you can either pick the warzones that you like or queue for all of them to get additional daily rewards for the random draw.

No update since then, so I hope that this idea is still on the table.

Edited by Phazonfreak

No update since then, so I hope that this idea is still on the table.

while there are WZs that I wish would just go away and die, I think anything like the veteran FP finder utility for reg PVP is an absolutely horrible idea. not everyone will x-off the same WZs, so what will pop is the one or two that no one checks off.

example: I would eliminate OPG and Quesh. OPG without comms or a full team playing objectives is just...like herding kittens (sometimes literally, but those kittens generally aren't the problem!). Quesh is horribly designed. JK's most important ability is bugged on it.

Player 2, however, would opt out of The Pit (all the desync) and VS (you get the wrong team attacking first and it's just a long, drawn out wait for a full game that was decided in the first 10 seconds).

Then there's players 3-8 who hate DM and therefore opt out of arenas. Great. so the format that only pops when there aren't enough players to fill a WZ doesn't pop at all, screwing over as many as 7 players in the queue because as few as 1 petulantly refuses to DM for 2-3 rounds that amounts to what? 2-3 mins? and misses out on zero WZs.

what will happen is nothing but NC, CW/Yav, AHG, and maybe VS. but then someone will have VS twice in a row and opt out of that. while someone else does the same for CW. so now only AHG pops. the real question is which WZ will become the new HS and which one is the new Kuat?

on the plus side, if you're going to "force" me to stick around in a match with the threat of a deserter debuff, then letting me select which WZs and/or the composition of my teammates are the only "honest" moves BW can make...imo.

Edited by CheesyEZ

OPG, a map I enjoy tons, will very likely go extinct under any sort of PvP map filter.

But, it already pops so infrequently that it may as well already be dead. And the option to never play huttball again!? I'll take it.

+1 from me.

while there are WZs that I wish would just go away and die, I think anything like the veteran FP finder utility for reg PVP is an absolutely horrible idea. not everyone will x-off the same WZs, so what will pop is the one or two that no one checks off. [...] the real question is which WZ will become the new HS and which one is the new Kuat?

^agreed to this. My experience with map rotation as-is hasn't been too bad. Yes, I get strings of voidstars (my longest streak is 4 in a row), but the overall map frequency by-type is fairly even (with the exception of OPG, which I last saw more than 42 games ago...). It probably helps that I don't hate any of the maps, but I'm okay with RNG-generated map strings because they end. Real RNG is something I can handle.

It doesn't take a lot of searching to find people griping on the forums about the tender mercies of the flashpoint groupfinder, so I'm not sure why people think the same system, as applied to warzones, won't encounter the same problems.

• 2 weeks later...
^agreed to this. My experience with map rotation as-is hasn't been too bad. Yes, I get strings of voidstars (my longest streak is 4 in a row), but the overall map frequency by-type is fairly even (with the exception of OPG, which I last saw more than 42 games ago...). It probably helps that I don't hate any of the maps, but I'm okay with RNG-generated map strings because they end. Real RNG is something I can handle.

It doesn't take a lot of searching to find people griping on the forums about the tender mercies of the flashpoint groupfinder, so I'm not sure why people think the same system, as applied to warzones, won't encounter the same problems.

My Most grips is with Vandin and the original Huttball map, which gives unfair advantage to ops/Knights due to desync/leaping across level issue. Both leaping/rolling should learn from WoW if it can't be run to it can't be reached with an ability, no path.