Faction selection on Iokath

YamiNee

So I just did the Fractured Alliances quest on Iokath where you choose between the Republic and the Empire. I thought this was only temporary so I chose Empire for the heck of it. But now it seems like I accidentaly swapped factions forever.

Can I change this later or did I just permanently lock myself in the imperial storyline/faction? If it's permanent, how big of an impact does it have on the overall story?

If there is any way to reverse this please share because I'm thinking about abandoning my very first character because of this since it would completely destroy the persone I built for them.

Edited by YamiNee

Okay, Iokath.

It is not 'forever', though it does have a certain permanent storyline impact. You basically rejoin your original faction (whether as a Loyalist or Saboteur) as part of "Jedi Under Siege". If you sided with the other faction on Iokath, your faction makes a few comments about whether or not you're trustworthy and 'forgiving the mistake'.

The only real effect that Iokath's choice has long-term is

Republic characters who side with the Empire don't get Elara Dorne as a companion, not even Troopers; while Imperial characters who side with the Republic don't get Malavai Quinn as a companion (though I think Warriors can still get him because of their past.), and which commander, Jace Malcolm or Acina, dies and thus who you encounter in their place later on. (If an Imperial character sides with the Republic, for example, Acina dies and Vowrawn ascends as the new Emperor. If they remain with the Empire, Jace Malcolm dies and Acina remains on the Sith throne, leaving Vowrawn as a member of the Dark Council.)

So I just did the Fractured Alliances quest on Iokath where you choose between the Republic and the Empire. I thought this was only temporary so I chose Empire for the heck of it. But now it seems like I accidentaly swapped factions forever.

Can I change this later or did I just permanently lock myself in the imperial storyline/faction? If it's permanent, how big of an impact does it have on the overall story?

If there is any way to reverse this please share because I'm thinking about abandoning my very first character because of this since it would completely destroy the persone I built for them.

The reversal of apparent faction only applies while the character is on Iokath.

There *is* a locked-in "support the other side" decision, but it's actually the *third* decision that appears to be that The three are:

* The one you've seen on Iokath.

* One a few story segments later, at the end of something called "Nathema Conspiracy".

* One immediately after Nathema Conspiracy, in the very beginning of "Jedi Under Siege".

The one in JUS is (approximately) permanent, so be careful. The mission itself is called "Inflection Point".

The only real effect that Iokath's choice has long-term is

Republic characters who side with the Empire don't get Elara Dorne as a companion, not even Troopers; while Imperial characters who side with the Republic don't get Malavai Quinn as a companion (though I think Warriors can still get him because of their past.), and which commander, Jace Malcolm or Acina, dies and thus who you encounter in their place later on. (If an Imperial character sides with the Republic, for example, Acina dies and Vowrawn ascends as the new Emperor. If they remain with the Empire, Jace Malcolm dies and Acina remains on the Sith throne, leaving Vowrawn as a member of the Dark Council.)

There's one other (fairly minor in the long run) thing and it affects the Trooper (spoilers, but vague):

At a later point in the story, you meet a character trying to kill you. Which character you get depends on your class and a decision you made somewhere along the way. The Trooper's character depends on the choice made on Iokath, and one of the options is a familiar face.