Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.27.2014 , 05:32 AM | #681
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Neat.

Although I don't think that's an indication of his power as he would obviously use a ritual, or series of rituals, to do it. Like he tried in SWTOR Vanilla, if I remember the Knight story correctly.
And of course we all know Rituals accomplish what your standard power cannot, they can't be used to determine power in the force.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
12.27.2014 , 06:04 AM | #682
At this point Vitiate is more powerfull in my prsonal opinion, given im more into it atm then i am with sidious or other character.
I would never be guied by what Gl says.. specialy in the past and given his backrecord, and specialy, when Star wars is no longer his propriety right now, and because we all know what his word is worth anyway regarding this issues, nothing is ever set.
Point being, i think ultimately this is a personal, or fan preference, as the strongest its usualy what the writters chose to write about, at any given moment.
Its the same old story, who is stronger Superman, or Batman? everyone would say Superman because reasons, yet batman beat superman several times, because reasons. There isnt never a clear cut to the chace regarding fictional characters.
The writters have all the power to make things happen, a canon only exists to guide them in universe building, not to cage characters in illusionary fictional chains.

I do however find peculiar ironic and amusing, people complaining about eachothers of their fanboyism to certain characters, as if it wasnt even alowed at all, or because of a certain established canon, that probably doesnt matter anymore due to the changes, or because, a canon is only established to guide writters, not to set power levels to characters. all i mean jesus cant people alowed to have fun? what is the point then ?!

Just my two cents anyway.

Quote:
And of course we all know Rituals accomplish what your standard power cannot, they can't be used to determine power in the force.
why not? are you saying anyone can do it? even someone who isnt powerfull enough in the force? or even force sensitive?

I highly doubt that is the case. If You dont have the power the rituals are useless that much seems to be the norm in this things.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
12.27.2014 , 06:14 AM | #683
When someone uses a ritual to do something, then a ritual is the requirement for it. There are no other ways to do the thing other than with a ritual.
People using the ritual thing vs Vitiate are just attempting powerless mud slinging.

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
12.27.2014 , 06:40 AM | #684
We seen Sidious using Rituals as well. in de facto canon material ( clone wars animated show) , i wouldnt hold it against him, or his power.
The same way i dont hold vitiate against it. They are capable of doing such rituals, others dont, hence they are powerfull because of it.

I just want to point out a obvious notion here, that im not sure anyone here considered as of yet, as i didnt read the whole thread, alot of pages and all that.
Im considering, if Vitiate even holds as a sith to even be having this discussion to begin with?!

You know given his nature. he seems more a freak of the force ( or the dark side) then a true sith, he cares litle about the sith ideials, or the sith themselfs, in fact he cares nothing about the galaxy. Or how it should be ruled.

Also lorewise now, the sith dont see the emperor kindly, nor the ancient sith lords ( spirits) ever did see him kindly, or a true successor to the sith ( if the timeline videos are correct)

Sidious seems quite different in this regard if we ignore the Legends universe or former EU, and we only stick with canon sidious.
Point being There is no doubt that sidious was sith. Vitiate not so much ( or at least debatable), he just pose as it, in truth he is something else.
Or im incorrect?

Just putting foward the debate...

discusss away.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.27.2014 , 07:16 AM | #685
Come on people this argument is so done its not even funny anymore.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
12.27.2014 , 07:22 AM | #686
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
snip.
This from the guy that went into a logical dead end and ended up with hilarities such as being forbidden to compare Legends and Canon characters

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
12.27.2014 , 07:27 AM | #687
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Indeed. I've been so sad ever since Vitiate was declared non-canon. Such sad, much tears.
Along with the Color Team's personal Bible - Dark Empire which on top of everything else got replaced.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
12.27.2014 , 07:41 AM | #688
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
When someone uses a ritual to do something, then a ritual is the requirement for it. There are no other ways to do the thing other than with a ritual.
People using the ritual thing vs Vitiate are just attempting powerless mud slinging.
Palpatine says otherwise. Palpatine states that those who use rituals to use certain powers simply lack the power and will to use said techniques without a ritual. Palpatine states ANY technique can be done without rituals. A good case in point. Essence transfer. Zash required an elaborate ritual. Bane used it without one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
This from the guy that went into a logical dead end and ended up with hilarities such as being forbidden to compare Legends and Canon characters

If Batman vs Harry Potter debates do it for you by all means. Some people find it pointless to debate non canon characters versus canon characters but what do I know?

Let's look at this another way. You don't like people using Legends feats to hype Sidious up. Let's take away Legends. In the current Disney Canon who is more powerful than Sidious in your eyes?

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
12.27.2014 , 07:57 AM | #689
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Palpatine says otherwise. Palpatine states that those who use rituals to use certain powers simply lack the power and will to use said techniques without a ritual. Palpatine states ANY technique can be done without rituals. A good case in point. Essence transfer. Zash required an elaborate ritual. Bane used it without one.
This doesn't count in Vitiate's case+ Palpatine himself uses rituals so your argument is invalid.


Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
If Batman vs Harry Potter debates do it for you by all means. Some people find it pointless to debate non canon characters versus canon characters but what do I know?
And hilarity ensues once again.
Because that's what people are doing in these forums.Comparing Batman and Harry Potter.

Surprise! Surpise! As it turns out you can no longer use post ep 6 Legends to draw arguments in favour of Palpatine so we are going to rationalize Comedy to feel better.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
12.27.2014 , 07:59 AM | #690
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
This doesn't count in Vitiate's case+ Palpatine himself uses rituals so your argument is invalid.



And hilarity ensues once again.
Because that's what people are doing in these forums.Comparing Batman and Harry Potter.

Surprise! Surpise! As it turns out you can no longer use post ep 6 Legends to draw arguments in favour of Palpatine so we are going to rationalize Comedy to feel better.

Batman and Harry Potter have the same thing in common. They aren't canon in each other's respective universes. It's an analogy. You know what we're not going to do? You know that Sith at the end of the episode 7 trailer? We're never going to seriously compare him to Vitiate. Wrath. Vowrawn. Or the others. You know why? They're not Canon in his universe.

Disney Canon Sidious? 1000 times better than Vitiate. Even without the Dark Empire because Vitiate doesn't exist.