Got logged out during character customization?!?

Ambaire

Seems to be on a timer even if you are fiddling with the interface. It's happened to me several times. First thing I do when I craft an appearance I like is to screen shot the settings so I can quickly recreate it if I'm booted.

Good idea; will do this from now on.

I basically do the same thing that JediQuaker says; I have a master document that serves as a collection of character sheets, basically, where I note down anything important about the character I might need to remember for RP purposes or if something happens.

Each section contains the character's name, a descriptor (who they are in three or four words), their class and advanced class (will need to update that to Origin and Combat Style soon), Species, Crew Skills, a short paragraph on their personality, a quick reference for the kind of outfit they wear, any romance they have, which Companion I usually give them, and where they are currently in the game's storyline.

There's also places to note down who they side with on Iokath, if they're loyalist or sabotuer, etc. for characters that are that far along.

I'll probably give quick appearance notes on the new characters I plan to make with 7.0 as part of their character sheets before I actually make them.

So I was creating a new character and once everything was finalized, I alt-tabbed to find a good name. Alt-tabbed back to find that I had been logged out for inactivity?!? What is this bull%$#@? :mad::mad::mad:

20 minuets.... is how long you were staring at the character creation screen.

That is how long before you get logged out for being AFK. ( and yes creating a character is being AFK ). You get marked as AFK for not moving your character for 10 minuets, then you are logged out after another 10 minuets. Since you don't have a character that you can move, there is no way to avoid this, other than not taking 20 minuets to create your character.