Open World Mobs & Heroics

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

When the latest expansion dropped a little while back, something changed the way loot, experience, and "kill credit" was distributed. Namely if I'm killing a mob in the open world and someone else randomly comes along and "helps" kill said mob, the loot and experience is suddenly split up between us. It also shared credit for the kills if there's an active mission with a kill counter. This would be normal if I was in a group with the other player, but playing solo it should not be this way, right? Or was this a stealth change in the expansion update patch?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

When the latest expansion dropped a little while back, something changed the way loot, experience, and "kill credit" was distributed. Namely if I'm killing a mob in the open world and someone else randomly comes along and "helps" kill said mob, the loot and experience is suddenly split up between us. It also shared credit for the kills if there's an active mission with a kill counter. This would be normal if I was in a group with the other player, but playing solo it should not be this way, right? Or was this a stealth change in the expansion update patch?

It wasn't remotely "stealth". It was advertised ahead of time.

Namely if I'm killing a mob in the open world and someone else randomly comes along and "helps" kill said mob, the loot and experience is suddenly split up between us. It also shared credit for the kills if there's an active mission with a kill counter.

I don't think it's accurate to say the loot and XP are 'shared'. That is, I don't think you each get a 'part' of the loot and XP, you just both get loot and XP. If there's say, 100 credits to be gotten as loot, you both get 100, not 50 each.

(But I'm not entirely sure. 😏 )