Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Season 14 Payouts

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SOULCASTER
07.30.2021 , 05:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
there are a lot of issues for SR ratings (e.g., why are we still doing top 3 in the world rather than the server?). but things are A LOT more legit now than they were s1-6. for some obvious reasons that baffle the mind that they ever weren't part of the original plan.
The queue system and mixed faction addition for sure made the later seasons more fair and balanced, yes. However l, the queues were Waaaaaay more populated and waaaaaaaay more competitive a player base in those queues in the first (at least 5) Seasons. Including Team Ranked.

Regardless they should work on changing Ranked to the ideas I posted in that thread recently or scrapping it altogether. The game was never, will never nor should ever be balanced to 4dps vs 4dps (95% of solo ranked). If you want to leave that as a game time because it can be fun, sure. But dont tie rewards and ELO to it. Its a broken mess.

Itís not surprising they are pruning abilities for 7.0. 1/2 the classes have too many survival abilities (tacticals also unbalanced things imo) which makes it excessive in some regards and unbalanced for those classes that dont have those.

Twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Port Nowhere | Prophecy of the Five | Star Forge

CheesyEZ
07.30.2021 , 09:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
The queue system and mixed faction addition for sure made the later seasons more fair and balanced, yes. However l, the queues were Waaaaaay more populated and waaaaaaaay more competitive a player base in those queues in the first (at least 5) Seasons. Including Team Ranke.
nah. tbf, I haven't played SR since s11, so I'm just watching streams since I've come back, but as of s11, the population, pops, etc. were no different than the first handful of seasons minus s1 when everyone jumped in to try it out and then ran running for the hills.

btw: the population has certainly dwindled, but when I came back the first time (for s9-11) the servers had merged, so the number of players in queue each night was roughly the same. it also made it difficult for players to server dodge the better competition.

juanmiranda
08.11.2021 , 09:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
there are a lot of issues for SR ratings (e.g., why are we still doing top 3 in the world rather than the server?). but things are A LOT more legit now than they were s1-6. for some obvious reasons that baffle the mind that they ever weren't part of the original plan.
Why are we even still doing ratings when it is just rng and luck half the time. Yes you have to be good but you also have to not have too many games ruined by throwers or the pvers here for their GS rewards. I can't imagine a single dev who has even pvped in this game to even silver. No way because if they did the systems in place would be much different. And the class stacking. Which team to you want to be on? The team with 3 PT's and an Op or the team with 1 sorc, 1 sin a mara and an op. I'll tell you because I was the Op with the PT's. You want the 3 PT's on your team. I literally was just probing. Didn't even have to click anything else. It's just so silly just let me queue regs arenas. I don't want to play obj pvp with 7 randoms because I am not gona text in chat to guard nodes or call stuff out because I just don't care. You don't even get anything for winning regs.