Tala-Reh (Possible Companion) *Spoilers*

Vanis

This is just an observation I made when playing Voss as a Jedi Knight. Unlike all the other NPCs my Jedi had run into, even characters who would later have an impact on my Jedi's story none seemed to really have the depth that Tala-Reh did, or at least I didn't feel for them as much as I did for her by the time we parted ways. Her back story had me really feeling for her and wanting her to be happy/safe so when the end eventually came I was extremely said to know that I couldn't save her.

When my Jedi fell to his knees I felt like it was something I would have done in his place and when he turned to Valen-Da (I believe his name was) and almost angrily told him to make sure she was remembered it really connected me with him and I felt like I had lost a friend.

Anyway while pondering the whole affair I couldn't help but notice that Tala-Reh seemed to have the most familiar companion-like dialogue. She opened up about her past, said my Knight reminded her of her husband and the two seemed to have (while potentially differing views) a shared respect that would have usually preempted the welcoming of a new companion.

Had I not known that Scourge was the last companion Jedi Knights get I would have honestly assumed she was the next one and would have loved if she had joined the crew especially as a love interest (not that I don't like Kira) and the reaction she would of had with the crew.

Now on to my questions.

Given her fleshed out character and the connection she can possibly build with the Jedi Knight do you think that she was at one time or another considered as a companion?

Second, given the relative ambiguity of her demise do you think that she could still be one?

I think that if they didn't need to keep the amount of companions the same (to keep people from raging) that she was given a great deal of consideration to become a Jedi Knight companion for the example I provided above.

To my second question I feel that she can still return albeit only for Jedi who allowed her to enter Sel-Makor and although I would love the return and subsequent recruitment they would have to spin it in a way that made sense (though given that Valen-Da didn't actually see her die, it wouldn't be TO difficult) though I expect some type of minor change like her species can all have visions, but hers are less reliable or she can't exactly prepare against them as well as a Mystic could, maybe she even comes back with a bond to the Knight that (similar to how it worked in Kotor 2) based on the Knight's decisions influences her to either be more herself or on the downside resentful of the totalitarian authority the Mystics have on her species.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my little rant hope to see your comments.

• 10 years later...
Here we are, a decade later... i dont know if you still play, if you still roam the stars in search of justice and peace, but im here to tell you i heard your story. I heard it not an hours time ago. Playing through the jedi knight story for what must be the tenth time now, i actually shed a tear upon tala'reh's passing, and very nearly killed the mystic for it (My knight is made in the image of Revan, and everything he stood for) By the by, we lose bits of ourselves in giving peace to those most in need. "And though we depart this place, in our hearts we ever remain"