Can casual solo players access the new moddable gear vendor?

This was in the announcement for the new vendor with moddable gear:

"Hyde and Zeek will require players to obtain and deconstruct items at Item Rating 328 and 330 to unlock purchasable mods at those Item Ratings respectively. Combined with Power Ceiling Increase, ALL players will have a chance to earn this moddable gear!"

Their quests require to deconstruct 328/330 blue/purple (or higher quality) items. But I do not understand how solo players can get them. Conquest gear is green. And as far as I know blue/purple gear drop only in non-solo flashpoints, operations and PvP. What I am missing? I have an idea that deconstructing legendary implants might work, since they are gold quality, but currenly I do not have any to test it. Did somebody tried that? Or is there any other way how "ALL players" can access this vendor?

I haven't done MM flahspoints since 7.0 and i do have a couple blue ones from there.

So just like Vet Ops have a chance for purple Rakatta, Vet FP likely also have a small chance for that.

For purple, PvP/GSF can get up to 328, so exactly 'solo', but still easy to achieve.

Solo players do not need the gear so it is no loss we can’t obtain it.

Perhaps, but getting better gear would be a reason to stay subbed and pay for more development. Once you hit 326 (now 330) conquest gear, their is no reason to remain subbed. The game is the gear grind (and has been for years).

This was in the announcement for the new vendor with moddable gear:

"Hyde and Zeek will require players to obtain and deconstruct items at Item Rating 328 and 330 to unlock purchasable mods at those Item Ratings respectively. Combined with Power Ceiling Increase, ALL players will have a chance to earn this moddable gear!"

Their quests require to deconstruct 328/330 blue/purple (or higher quality) items. But I do not understand how solo players can get them. Conquest gear is green. And as far as I know blue/purple gear drop only in non-solo flashpoints, operations and PvP. What I am missing? I have an idea that deconstructing legendary implants might work, since they are gold quality, but currenly I do not have any to test it. Did somebody tried that? Or is there any other way how "ALL players" can access this vendor?

The conquest gear rating has been increased. We should be able to get the 330 now so when you do you can access the vendor.

"Increased the Power Ceiling, players can now obtain the following new Item Ratings (more details here):

Noble Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 326)

Elite Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 324)

Supreme Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 326)

Tionese Gear – 330 (up from 322)

Columi Gear – 330 (up from 326)

Thyrsian Gear – 328 (up from 326)

Legendary Implants – 334 (up from 330)

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/08022022/game-update-7.1-digging-deeper

Solo players do not need the gear so it is no loss we can’t obtain it.

This is true for the most part, however the minute we step foot in unranked we are target number 1. I'm so glad they made lost matches count toward the weekly again.

Correction wrong: several of the Veteran FPs can be soloed. that will get you Blue Mods.

(edit: just checked that stuff is green)

Really? Can you link me some videos of people soloing vet FPs so I can see which ones? Devs made changes in 7.1 to prevent this from happening so if some clever/skilled people have managed it, I'd love to see it as I hate random grouping (I know several could be soloed before 7.0).

The conquest gear rating has been increased. We should be able to get the 330 now so when you do you can access the vendor.

"Increased the Power Ceiling, players can now obtain the following new Item Ratings (more details here):

Noble Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 326)

Elite Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 324)

Supreme Decurion Gear – 330 (up from 326)

Tionese Gear – 330 (up from 322)

Columi Gear – 330 (up from 326)

Thyrsian Gear – 328 (up from 326)

Legendary Implants – 334 (up from 330)

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/08022022/game-update-7.1-digging-deeper

You can get 330 gear from Conquest, but it won't be Prototype or Artifact quality, so it won't count for the missions and won't unlock the mods. You have to run some form of group content, somewhere, in order to unlock mods. Solo players can't unlock them.

You can get 330 gear from Conquest, but it won't be Prototype or Artifact quality, so it won't count for the missions and won't unlock the mods. You have to run some form of group content, somewhere, in order to unlock mods. Solo players can't unlock them.

Then the wording should be changed to say "Some or most" because stating all is misleading and will cause problems.

Note: Just for information, it doesn't bother me that much as I do run some group missions with my guild, when they are on.

Edited by casirabit

This is true for the most part, however the minute we step foot in unranked we are target number 1. I'm so glad they made lost matches count toward the weekly again.

This comment doesn’t make any sense. Pvp has bolster. Bolster caps at (formerly 326) 328 now, so anything over that gets nerfed downwards in level. You can acquire said 328 gear doing nothing but warzones. :confused:

My brain might be tricking me and remembering prior to 7.0, but I think Boarding Party vet mode might still be doable solo. The hardest part is the first boss, but only because your companion tends to be dumb and stand in the wrong spot. Use a stealth class and rocket boost: skip all the trash. I know I can do SM in like 10 minutes. Will have to go try vet mode again…but personally I’m a pvper and don’t care to get anything but the pvp gear so I haven’t bothered. Mostly that’s just a good way to farm tech fragments.

By the way, I don’t understand the big deal with queueing for a vet or master flashpoint. You can still call yourself a solo player. I very much consider myself a solo player because I don’t have a guild or any friends in game and 100% play by myself. I still queue for warzones, but it’s always solo queue. Should I decide I want to grind a gear set for PVE, I will probably farm master flashpoints. But otherwise I will stick with my 328 for pvp and call it good.

Then the wording should be changed to say "Some or most" because stating all is misleading and will cause problems.

Note: Just for information, it doesn't bother me that much as I do run some group missions with my guild, when they are on.

they stated it ("all") as such because that's exactly the case. ALL players indeed can get those mods. if you're strictly playing solo and won't do group content that doesn't mean that you can't or won't have access to the same opportunity as everyone else to acquire them, because you do possess that same opportunity, you're just refusing to do it. which is fine, but don't pretend you can't or don't have the same opportunity as everyone else, because you do.

logic says; if you want it then do it. if you don't, then don't, and tough tatas.

Edited by MERCBERSERK

they stated it ("all") as such because that's exactly the case. ALL players indeed can get those mods. if you're strictly playing solo and won't do group content that doesn't mean that you can't or won't have access to the same opportunity as everyone else to acquire them, because you do possess that same opportunity, you're just refusing to do it. which is fine, but don't pretend you can't or don't have the same opportunity as everyone else, because you do.

logic says; if you want it then do it. if you don't, then don't, and tough tatas.

Casira is 100% correct and you are being completely disingenuous. If you don't think the patch notes should have clarified that the 328 / 330 gear had to be prototype or artifact then I can only assume you are trolling. Surely that would have been a very easy and helpful clarification for Bioware to provide. There was even confusion about how artifact missions only unlocked enhancement modifications.

The only reason I knew about this was because I went to Vulkk's and Xam Xam's gearing guides, respectively, and they both provided the same correct information. Players shouldn't have to rely on third parties to figure out gearing, though I'm grateful for the service they provide.

Clarity would have been very helpful here. Even the clarification page says that there are separate missions for prototype and artifact gear to "get the best mods" -- which in English implies that there are lower mods available, essentially by definition.

Sorry, Jackie, the Bioware team dropped the ball on this one and left a lot of those of us in Noble Decurion gear initially misled and confused, and frankly, annoyed. I know you take the brunt of this because you're the messenger / conduit, but your devs fed you misleading (at best) information.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Casira is 100% correct and you are being completely disingenuous. If you don't think the patch notes should have clarified that the 328 / 330 gear had to be prototype or artifact then I can only assume you are trolling. Surely that would have been a very easy and helpful clarification for Bioware to provide. There was even confusion about how artifact missions only unlocked enhancement modifications.

The only reason I knew about this was because I went to Vulkk's and Xam Xam's gearing guides, respectively, and they both provided the same correct information. Players shouldn't have to rely on third parties to figure out gearing, though I'm grateful for the service they provide.

Clarity would have been very helpful here. Even the clarification page says that there are separate missions for prototype and artifact gear to "get the best mods" -- which in English implies that there are lower mods available, essentially by definition.

Sorry, Jackie, the Bioware team dropped the ball on this one and left a lot of those of us in Noble Decurion gear initially misled and confused, and frankly, annoyed. I know you take the brunt of this because you're the messenger / conduit, but your devs fed you misleading (at best) information.

Dasty

naw, i misunderstood. i thought they were complaining about not being able to get them due to refusal to play group content. i didn't know they stated it like that, if they didn't clarify which type of gear was needed then they should have done so.

Problem is that we are not getting ANY "Daily Resource Matrix" at all. NONE !! I've ran two characters completely through to and including weeklies and Heroics on Mannan. Yesterday I got 3 drops that were useless ZERO drops today (of any sort). I have SEVERAL that qualify for "upgrades" and I'm I have Conquest Coins etc... Plenty of everything EXCEPT "Daily Resource Matrix" ... ZIPPO !!

If the team thinks I'm going to play this game and continue to see ZERO rewards ...

(Hmmm let me think of a "polite" way to put this" ) ....

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN !!

I have better things to do with my time!!

Seems to me that after attempting to force solo players to play in groups, they are now just content with solo players leaving the game. The same is true for players who enjoyed crew skills and crafting. You notice that they didn't give crafters the ability to make anything for the end game, except for perhaps augments, which require insane amounts of RE usually at significant costs in materials. You can bet that soon an update will make better augments available without going to crafters, just as they did with implants. They will likely wait until many crafters invest (waste) an enormous amount of time and materials getting to where they can make the best augments. Then, Bang Zoom, to the Moon Alice!!

Problem is that we are not getting ANY "Daily Resource Matrix" at all. NONE !! I've ran two characters completely through to and including weeklies and Heroics on Mannan. Yesterday I got 3 drops that were useless ZERO drops today (of any sort). I have SEVERAL that qualify for "upgrades" and I'm I have Conquest Coins etc... Plenty of everything EXCEPT "Daily Resource Matrix" ... ZIPPO !!

If the team thinks I'm going to play this game and continue to see ZERO rewards ...

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN !!

Yep.

I've been quiet on the 7.1 drop this week. For the most part, because I was on PTS, I knew there wouldn't be anything in it for me.

I was surprised at the news of a vendor for mods, but hadn't looked into the details yet.

I was looking forward to using it to gear up my toon / alts.

Now, apparently, I know I won't be doing that.

What that means for me is I WON'T be re-subbing my other two accounts.

Nor will I be logging in much on this, my main account much more than what's needed to get my imp guild on SF up to 500k conquest points.

So...it's been fun...at least pre 7.0

Wake me when 8.0 drops

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN !!

/Agreed. While I will do Manaan because of the decorations, I will not play like I used to but that is okay as you said I have better things to do and right now that is editing my book so I can get it published.

/Agreed. While I will do Manaan because of the decorations, I will not play like I used to but that is okay as you said I have better things to do and right now that is editing my book so I can get it published.

I'm working on a new sofa table based on "Live Edge" construction: tripod leg design (since the shape of the table is that of an oddly shaped piece of timber). Overall size is 48" in diameter. AND I may have found a good lead on a new office (been waiting a LONG time for this).

Oh well .. back on topic !!!

Hopefully this changes in the next week or so. If not ... no skin off my nose!

ROFL !!

Thank you for answering a question I had about the new gearing system. I had wondered what I was missing (realistic expectations of what to expect out of Biware)

Now that you mention it yes. No matrix drops on Manaan. So it seems my choices are

1) Do the meager new content primarily for rep.

2) Do select missions for 100th time this year alone to reach conquest

3) Do the same group of missions for the 100th time this year to get gear that will get dated the month after you finish leveling it .

4) Give up and do little beyond login bonuses till the next story drips

You know, the more I think on it. This really IS the perfect way to celebrate the 10th anniversary...

persistent bugs, minimal story, cash shop reskins, and little communication from the developers.

if you click the Quest name in your log it opens the details of the quest and you'll find what you have to disintegrate there.

The the answers you could give to pick what Mission to start with should have been enough to figure out what I would need but I double checked to not waste an Item, no external site was required.

if you click the Quest name in your log it opens the details of the quest and you'll find what you have to disintegrate there.

The the answers you could give to pick what Mission to start with should have been enough to figure out what I would need but I double checked to not waste an Item, no external site was required.

This is flat-out 100% incorrect and complete disinformation.

Here is why: Hyde will not grant you the quest when you're not in gear he deems acceptable so there is no quest to examine in the log. He gives you an extended dialogue about how he and Zeek are still setting up shop despite there being a yellow triangle / quest giver icon above his head.

Ergo: The only way for me to learn about the details of the quest was through third party sites. The more you know!

<<sips martini>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

This is flat-out 100% incorrect and complete disinformation. Here is why: Hyde will not grant you the quest when you're not in gear he deems acceptable so there is no quest to examine in the log. He gives you an extended dialogue about how he and Zeek are still setting up shop despite their being a yellow triangle / quest giver icon above his head.

Ergo: The only way for me to learn about the details of the quest was through third party sites. The more you know!

<<sips martini>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

hmm it would have been nice if the conversation they have with you if you don't wear the required gear gave more obvious hints but that would break the immersion, it's a rock and a hard place.

getting a quest that's just "get 326 Gear" no reward just a hint but now they offer the other 4 quests would be nice, but it does not require external sites to figure out for most people and once most know they'll answer questions about it in ingame chat for the clueless ones.

hmm it would have been nice if the conversation they have with you if you don't wear the required gear gave more obvious hints but that would break the immersion, it's a rock and a hard place.

getting a quest that's just "get 326 Gear" no reward just a hint but now they offer the other 4 quests would be nice, but it does not require external sites to figure out for most people and once most know they'll answer questions about it in ingame chat for the clueless ones.

That's a roundabout way of saying my reading of the patch notes and grasp of the English language is superior. Let's agree to disagree about whether or not I'm "clueless" -- forum-goers can decide that for themselves. Besides, I only have an audience of one -- Bioware. I'm not really interested in your assessment of my intellectual prowess or ability to comprehend English.

And your "breaking immersion" argument is just a complete dodge / deflection to avoid the point. Nevertheless, I give it a 3/10 for creativity.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

That's a roundabout way of saying my reading of the patch notes and grasp of the English language is superior. Let's agree to disagree about whether or not I'm "clueless" -- forum-goers can decide that for themselves. Besides, I only have an audience of one -- Bioware. I'm not really interested in your assessment of my intellectual prowess or ability to comprehend English.

And your "breaking immersion" argument is just a complete dodge / deflection to avoid the point. Nevertheless, I give it a 3/10 for creativity.

Dasty

I mean you did figure it out so you aren't clueless, I don't care how you figured it out either, my point is if someone doesn't know what to do they can easily ask in chat, they can puzzle it out, they can go to external sites,... there's plenty of Options.

TLDR: it could be better and wouldn't be hard to Improve either, but external sites were not required just easier.