7.1 PTS and timeline

JackieKo

Bioware, just ignore those "Im gonna unsub in one week" whiners. They will not do that. Take your time and keep working on the game. Thanks

Are you confusing the people who are saying they have already canceled their subs with whiners? They have taken action, not just complained. BTW, they can still post until their sub actually runs out.

As far as I know swtor team is not as big as it used to be. It`s a huge game and the engine is crappy so bugs will happen. Blame EA, not Bioware and if you really can`t stand it just stop playing and play something else or go outside to enjoy the sun or the rain, whatever you like :)

So, wait up here. People who stop playing are whiners, but people should stop playing if they don't like it... Which is it, exactly?

It`s not about lying, dude. They hoped to deliver on time more than you think. Small team, crappy engine, maybe little EA support...I don`t know how that bussiness works. Im gonna support the game anyway and hope for the best because as Andy Dufresne said: "Hope is a good thing, may be the best of the things. And good thing never dies"

Knowing you cannot make a deadline while claiming that you will is lying. And it is clear from the timeline that they knew they would not deliver long before they admitted it. BioWare/EA is a business, not a charity. It is not deserving of support unless they deliver a product/service worth the payment. Businesses are not rebellions - they are not built on hope. They are built, and live or die, on the strength of the product/service provided.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the things you say, guys, make sense....I just like the game so much I hope people won`t stop playing it and we will get more new content without any delays

We all like the game a ton. We all want the game to be as amazing as we believe it could or should be. But, it's just not there for myriad reasons.

The simple truth is there just isn't enough new content being published and it's having a detrimental effect on the game's population. Usually when this happens, or at least when it has happened in the past, we had an idea of what was coming and when. So far, I do not know what is coming or when. I get that R4 is coming "sometime soon" but for me my raid team has already disbanded so too little too late there. Maybe we all will reconnect when that comes out but who knows. The daily area if that ever surfaces is just a daily area, and while nice to have not a real actual addition. It would be just something to spend some time while in the holding pattern that we're already in. After that...there's a lot of questions. That makes the game itself feel hollow and meaningless.

In truth when I think about it entirely, the game was developed to achieve something impossible (8 class stories etc), and we all expected that level of story in perpetuity in some fashion. Bioware did find a way to provide an ever evolving story with other additional components such as raids, daily areas, and pvp maps in kotfe and kotet. But, their ability to tell an engaging story faltered, and their removal of companions along with galactic command ended up sinking what should have been a very viable strategy going forward in the monthly chapters. Onslaught had more than I thought it would, but still a bit lackluster. Getting 2 daily areas, 1 raid, a few flashpoints, and some story wasn't a bad amount overall. But, the drip of its release did hurt it.

Basically, we're all here for the story above all no matter what type of player you or I am. And, we desire what the game was made as originally. Not what the game is now. We hold on to hope that maybe one day it'll show signs that it's like that old version again and that ends up clouding what we get at current. This game needs a massive influx of diverse story and more end game elements that are not half a decade to a decade old, But we aren't getting that it seems which means...who knows what it means. It's not positive.

We all like the game a ton. We all want the game to be as amazing as we believe it could or should be. But, it's just not there for myriad reasons.

Basically, we're all here for the story above all no matter what type of player you or I am. And, we desire what the game was made as originally. Not what the game is now. We hold on to hope that maybe one day it'll show signs that it's like that old version again and that ends up clouding what we get at current. This game needs a massive influx of diverse story and more end game elements that are not half a decade to a decade old, But we aren't getting that it seems which means...who knows what it means. It's not positive.

I would’ve been fine playing and paying still if they just kept the game at 6.3, or released the Manaan story as 6.4 without the bugs and garbage that came along with it. I don’t know why they updated to 7.0 when it obviously was not ready for live servers. It looks like we are playing an in-development version of the game.

All the things you say, guys, make sense....I just like the game so much I hope people won`t stop playing it and we will get more new content without any delays

The fact that we can still post on this forum means that we still play and pay despite devs' efforts to make us stop.

There's nothing wrong with you liking it and defending it. There's also nothing wrong with people being honest about the promises that were made and broken. We're ALL here because we love the game and we all want exactly what you want my friend.

Hi everyone,

I have a few things to share with you about 7.1!

First up, PTS will be opening back up soon. We are planning to go live before the end of the month. This phase will feature all of the R-4 Anomaly Operation and the Manaan Daily Area effectively letting you all see what will be included in 7.1. As always, when PTS is up, I will post all the relevant threads in the PTS sub-forums so you are able to leave feedback.

Second, this will be the final PTS phase for 7.1. Once PTS closes, the team will be working away on polishing the content you all saw. All that said, we can confirm that 7.1 is targeted for mid-summer!

Lastly for this post, wanted to let you all know that when we get closer to launch for this game update, we will be hosting a livestream focusing on the content of 7.1.

So stay tuned for the PTS posts! And of course, if any of the above changes, I will be letting you all know.

Jackie

End of the month? Tuesday is the end of the month and since you are involved in Star Wars Celebration from today until Sunday and then Monday is memorial day, can we guess that it will not happen until June.

"Can we just have the game reverted to 6.3 and then you guys add all the 7.0 story content to that as 6.5 or something? I have about 60 days left of my sub and I really love this game been subbed forever but it’s kinda been rekt with 7.0 and I don’t plan on resubbing at this point in time unless things start getting fixed. I just have no motivation to log on with 7.0 and if I do it’s only to complain in genchat about 7.0 for a few minutes and then log off. The PTS going back up does absolutely nothing for me since you guys ignored PTS feedback about how bad 7.0 was, sorry if I’m being really negative I’m just really disappointed with the current state of SWTOR. Anyways there’s my nagging rant, hopefully 7.1 is an improvement :/"

This, this, SO much this!/\:(

Edited by cmcougar

Friendly reminder that this is the final day of the current month...

Technically, they didn't say *WHICH* month they'd have this up by. I know you, me, and everybody else reasonable took "the end of the month" to mean May 2022, but they could have meant June, or July, or even sometime in 2027...

• Dev Post
Hi everyone,

I have a few things to share with you about 7.1!

First up, PTS will be opening back up soon. We are planning to go live before the end of the month. This phase will feature all of the R-4 Anomaly Operation and the Manaan Daily Area effectively letting you all see what will be included in 7.1. As always, when PTS is up, I will post all the relevant threads in the PTS sub-forums so you are able to leave feedback.

Second, this will be the final PTS phase for 7.1. Once PTS closes, the team will be working away on polishing the content you all saw. All that said, we can confirm that 7.1 is targeted for mid-summer!

Lastly for this post, wanted to let you all know that when we get closer to launch for this game update, we will be hosting a livestream focusing on the content of 7.1.

So stay tuned for the PTS posts! And of course, if any of the above changes, I will be letting you all know.

Jackie

Hi everyone,

I have a small update on 7.1 PTS. The team ran into a couple of blockers when they tested the build late last week so PTS was not ready to go live. I just got out of the check in meeting, and this is where we stand today.

We will be going through the build today and verifying that the blockers are gone so everything is playable. Currently, we are targeting to deploy the build this week. As always, if that schedule shifts, I will be informing you all.

Thanks!

Friendly reminder that this is the final day of the current month...

I would bet it will not be until June, since they were involved in the Star Wars Convention, and they "couldn't" do it then. Then it will take them 3-4 months to actually release the content, if we are lucky.

Hi everyone,

I have a small update on 7.1 PTS. The team ran into a couple of blockers when they tested the build late last week so PTS was not ready to go live. I just got out of the check in meeting, and this is where we stand today.

We will be going through the build today and verifying that the blockers are gone so everything is playable. Currently, we are targeting to deploy the build this week. As always, if that schedule shifts, I will be informing you all.

Thanks!

Appreciate the information. Now we just need to get EA/BioWare to, y'know, properly staff y'all and make it so you can do things.

What could've possibly happened in two weeks that you can't meet this deadline. It's not even content! Literally just turn the PTS on and excuse the bugs for being a PTS thing, this means that the operation is in such a bad state they couldn't even be on PTS.

To even have the audacity to announce a new operation with 7.0 - which was supposed to launch SIX MONTHS ago, six months - there is no possible way you actually thought this deadline of December was doable. Maybe you didn't have a choice because higher ups decided it, but then to announce the delay one week before release - why so late? To scam people out of sub money! Everybody knows it's true, I respect it but only because it's so shameless.

Honestly, showing up to the celebration thing was such a slap in the face. Celebrate what? No content? Dropping sub numbers? Listening to feedback? Balancing classes? It's whatever, how can you even expect people to still show up to the PTS, your teams can't even be bothered removing the WIP logo anymore - it's just the live version with higher ping, maybe two animations are missing so you have to add the reskinned ones and baboom releasable patch.

Just be honest, say you can't deliver that ""quickly"". I know this is not jackies fault and not anyones in particular - but honestly I don't care anymore, deliver content - working content. It is NOT too much expected to get content SIX months after the original release.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

You guys have had months to get this sorted it clearly shows the studio isn't preforming well.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Don't worries too much.

All vet know that this game is in maintenance mode.

7.1 will never equal the 6.3 quality !

You guys have had months to get this sorted it clearly shows the studio isn't preforming well.

None of this is a good sign. The Bioware Austin team must be in some serious trouble if it takes this long to fix a major expansion. Either EA truly does not care and will not invest in this game further. Or they are planning to shut Swtor down in a year or less.

None of this is a good sign. The Bioware Austin team must be in some serious trouble if it takes this long to fix a major expansion. Either EA truly does not care and will not invest in this game further. Or they are planning to shut Swtor down in a year or less.

https://www.thegamer.com/disney-ubisot-massive-avatar-star-wars-mmo/

I think it sums it up, they will only be able to keep this one going for so long, it's sad because this game has/had great potential for years to come. I just don't see it going for much longer.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Status? Or we delaying yet again.