So, Obi Wan (SPOILERS)

The fact that he WTFPWNED Darth Maul in seconds ?

That occurred approximately 8 years in the future from this point in time.

The Obi-wan we have here is not the same one we had in Ep III or Ep IV (which is basically the same as Rebels Obi-wan)

Shows need character development. What would the point of the show be if he had already made that full transition? what development could be done?

The trailers already made it perfectly clear this was Obi-wan at his lowest.

Now he grows (if the writers have any sense at all anyway)

Unfortunately, they already killed off the best [new] character ....

I don't think he is dead because Pau'ans have two stomachs so that can be some sort of plot armor. Then again he didn't look exactly like a Pau'an. Could make him come back towards the end of the series and go after Reva. I have a hunch Reva will turn "good" per se. Besides the grand inquisitor is in SW Rebels so unless it's just a title that's held by the highest rank, which coincidently would be held by another Pau'an (highly unlikely or would work if he wasn't really a Pau'an) then the whole scenario breaks cannon. However, Disney has been known to retcon Legends and Canon to fit storylines. We'll see.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Unfortunately, they already killed off the best [new] character ....

I don't think he is dead because Pau'ans have two stomachs so that can be some sort of plot armor. Then again he didn't look exactly like a Pau'an. Could make him come back towards the end of the series and go after Reva. I have a hunch Reva will turn "good" per se. Besides the grand inquisitor is in SW Rebels so unless it's just a title that's held by the highest rank, which coincidently would be held by another Pau'an (highly unlikely or would work if he wasn't really a Pau'an) then the whole scenario breaks cannon. However, Disney has been known to retcon Legends and Canon to fit storylines. We'll see.

They are happy enough to retcon Legends, but they are a lot more cautious about retconning canon.

They do do it for small things, (ex. Ahsoka/Maul duel) but

An entire, rather significant character appearing 5 years after he is killed? Nope, not happening.

Don't really even need to use Pau'an plot armour. Just regular plot armour worked fine for Fennec Shand, who received the same kind of injury.

So no, 99% chance the Grand Inquisitor isn't dead, nor is he even a new character as the previous poster suggested. Just new to live action...

After the initial memberberries hit wares off the show is distinctively mediocre

I'm willing to let a lot pass but man the writing is comically bad at times.

There's literary a scene and then a plot hole regarding that scene in the very next or even the same scene. That's some next level cognitive dissonance or they're doing design by committee again.

Edited by aeterno

So,

I was expecting Obi-Wan had been training for 10 years and now would be at his prime.

Instead it looks as if he hasnt touched a lightsaber in 10 years ....

F*** Disney

Why would you have expected that? I didn't. He lost everything he knew and by the one person he considered a friend/brother. I am not sure about you, but I would be doing exactly what he is doing. It shows he is human and can be hurt.

After the initial memberberries hit wares off the show is distinctively mediocre

I'm willing to let a lot pass but man the writing is comically bad at times.

There's literary a scene and then a plot hole regarding that scene in the very next or even the same scene. That's some next level cognitive dissonance or they're doing design by committee again.

Such as?

So,

I was expecting Obi-Wan had been training for 10 years and now would be at his prime.

Instead it looks as if he hasnt touched a lightsaber in 10 years ....

F*** Disney

So, you expected someone, who lost his brother and friend, his home and so much more and who, logically, regrets so much, to have trained just as if nothing had happened?

The show wouldn't be interesting with Obi-Wan at his prime (at least in my opinion). Now we can see his character development and how he slowly recovers from the past, redeeming himself and finally following his master's teachings.

I think the show makes sense the way it is. For me, it would have been unrealistic to see Obi-Wan at his best. No Jedi was at their prime after Order 66, I suppose.

Unfortunately, they already killed off the best [new] character ....(Grand Inquisitor)

Our character in KOTFE receives EXACTLY the same injury from Arcann, and none of the playable species in SWTOR have two stomach

s.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, they already killed off the best [new] character ....(Grand Inquisitor)

Our character in KOTFE receives EXACTLY the same injury from Arcann, and none of the playable species in SWTOR have two stomach

s.

Well, we do have the emperor rattling around in our head, and it was more or less explained in a following cutscene that was the likely explanation as to how we survived getting stabbed. Valky saving us that is.

The Grand Inquisitor does not have that going for him, so the two stomachs seems the likely solution here....

Edited by Otowi