New gearscore color crystals.

Chandraa

It'd be nice to have craftable higher ranked color crystals for artifice. we've had the same level crystals since vanilla, it's time for a upgrade. why has there never been updates to it? i do not know, however it's one of the few craftables that's never really been brought up to current standards. the ones in the shop can stay the same stats as they are purely cosmetic only, but baseline crystals should be given some love and brought to 330 item rating at least, because that'd give people more reason other than being in certain flashpoints to have artifice. Edited by Chandraa

It'd be nice to have craftable higher ranked color crystals for artifice. we've had the same level crystals since vanilla, it's time for a upgrade. why has there never been updates to it? i do not know, however it's one of the few craftables that's never really been brought up to current standards. the ones in the shop can stay the same stats as they are purely cosmetic only, but baseline crystals should be given some love and brought to 330 item rating at least, because that'd give people more reason other than being in certain flashpoints to have artifice.
I believe the developers publicly stated that putting stats on Color Crystals was a mistake in the first place and that they should have been purely cosmetic...

I believe the developers publicly stated that putting stats on Color Crystals was a mistake in the first place and that they should have been purely cosmetic...

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that conversation go by here on the forums, I think around the time they made (almost(1)) all crystals 136/+41.

(1) There are still a few low-powered crystals around, notably ones you can get as mission rewards on starter worlds (e.g. the Spanios/Moracen mission on Tython, which rewards a +3 or +4 crystal).

now that weapons and by extension color crystals are part of the outfitter, I wonder if changing the stats on crystals will be revisited.

releasing +41 color crystals in the cartel market painted them into a corner and was one of the reasons +41 has been the max crystal since launch. Adding weapons and crystals to the outfitter at lets us use our existing crystals to get the colors/cosmic value of the current crystals should they want to add a higher level crystal.

now that weapons and by extension color crystals are part of the outfitter, I wonder if changing the stats on crystals will be revisited.

Probably not, except possibly to reduce them to zero, but they could have done that any time they wanted, especially in the more recent state of the game, where +41 on almost any stat is worth approximately nothing at all. (Compared to a stat that's capped, or that reaches nearly ten thousand in max-level areas, that is...)

So I'll stick with "probably not".

releasing +41 color crystals in the cartel market painted them into a corner and was one of the reasons +41 has been the max crystal since launch.

More accurately, since the launch of the CM, but yes.

Adding weapons and crystals to the outfitter at lets us use our existing crystals to get the colors/cosmic value of the current crystals should they want to add a higher level crystal.

True, but given that they think that adding any stats at all to colour crystals was a bad idea, they aren't going to add higher-level crystals.