This portions of Swtor is my favorite aspect of gameplay.

DeathMettle

I am an old man. Ripe old age of 50. I have owned every game system from Atari 2600 up to PlayStation. In all of my years of gaming, space combat has been my #1 choice when I have it. Of all the game modes, SWTOR has, to me, the most intuitive "feel" of Star Wars combat I have ever played. If I had 1 minute to talk to a member of the SWTOR team, I would advocate for a few more game modes, and maps. Using the PVE space location maps would be fine, and faster to finish. If we don't get an update or space pvp expansion, what you have in this aspect of the game, to me, has been hours of enjoyment. I played years ago, left for the land of the Blizzard. It feels good to hit space, turn and burn. Thank you SWTOR.

• 2 months later...

I'll add to this. While I've not at your age yet, I've been gaming for over 30 years. In that time I've tried a lot of different games. Some good, some bad, and some mobile...

Anyways, I remember trying out GSF when it came out, and a couple times since. Hated the game mode, and never wanted to go back. I couldn't understand what people liked about it. With 7.0's gearing decisions I reluctantly tried it again, figuring the worst case scenario I can lose my way through this. But losing sucks, and afking is boring. So, I was determined to actually get better at it. Now while I have a long way to go, I've made a lot of progress, and appreciate the game mode a lot more. In fact this is one of the few things keeping me logging back in currently. 7.0 didn't really give us much, and my (and many others) interest are waning.

Yet this hidden gem turned out to be a blast. I really wish that more people would give it an honest try. It's not simple, and to make matters worse, there are some really poor explanations when it comes to this game mode as to what certain components actually do. How they help you and why they should be chosen over other components, depending on your play style. Thankfully I had a guild member help answer some stuff I couldn't figure out for the life of me.

Honestly to anyone new, who might be reading this, give it an honest try. Spend a few days here to sort some stuff out and get the basics, ask your guildies for help, or the forums or just general chat. It really is a great game mode, that deserves a lot more love from the community, than it has.

Edited by Setta

Yeah, ill be 56 this May, and from the minute GSF came out, there was pretty much nothing else in SWTOR I play consistently.

The toon story lines I played, while I waited for pops for GSF if there were long waits.

I dont do OPS, I do Heroics every so often.

But, GSF is the attraction I keep coming back for.

By the way, at this point, I have over 25 thousand matches of GSF played, across 120 or so toons. Most of those toons were leveled by gsf only.

Edited by philwil

When GSF first came out I felt it was a very rough, gimmicky arcade mode and I didn't see it going anywhere. Now it feels more like a space version of World of Tanks and I think it is one of the best parts of SWTOR. I'm really enjoying it and I'm glad to see it doing so well.