MAWVORR ... is this right?

Negapao

so i bought Mawvorr the companion... i have him at level 20 (using food) and am using him with a level 18 Sith consular... and i have some questions:

(*) Mawvorr does not seem to be able to do crafting.. is this correct?

(*) when set to Damage... the descriptions for Body Slam, Go for the Throat, and Power Bite all say they do ZERO damage... please explain this?

(*) i see he can be advanced using food bought from Jawas... how else can he get influence (f any)?

its the one where his abilities say he does ZERO damage that worries me.. the ONE skill he has that does say it does damage is Cutting Swipe (502 internal damage i think)...

Edited by Negapao

so i bought Mawvorr the companion... i have him at level 20 (using food) and am using him with a level 18 Sith consular... and i have some questions:

(*) Mawvorr does not seem to be able to do crafting.. is this correct?

(*) when set to Damage... the descriptions for Body Slam, Go for the Throat, and Power Bite all say they do ZERO damage... please explain this?

(*) i see he can be advanced using food bought from Jawas... how else can he get influence (f any)?

its the one where his abilities say he does ZERO damage that worries me.. the ONE skill he has that does say it does damage is Cutting Swipe (502 internal damage i think)...

Mawworr is a creature....so im not sure if he can do tasks. I dont have him so someone can correct me on that one. The damage thing i also have no idea on.

Hope this helps with the influence.

https://swtorista.com/companion/mawvorr

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

what i need is some page on the internet which has a really good and detailed description of Mawvorr the companion...

(*) is Mawvorr good at all specs (heal, damage, tank).. or best at one of these?.. Mawvorr's description sounds like it might be saying only good for combat...

(*) GOOD descriptions of each skill can have for each spec...

it's like nobody knows anything about this companion!!!! hehe :)

You just stumbled upon the very bugged and lackluster creature and droid companions from the Cartel Market. To answer your questions:

Yes, delicacies are the only gifts that you can use to increase the level of creature companions, except of course buying the item from the Conquest vendor or the Cartel Market that will make any companion insta 50. With one bugged exception. The Wampa has the gift template of a regular soldier companion like Felix Iresso, so it will accept military equipment and the likes as gifts. The devs never fixed this bug.

Yes, creature and droid companions can not be used for any of the Crew skills and are only usable for combat. It does make sense somehow if you think about the fact that your flying and clawed Bogstalker cannot construct a lightsaber hilt for you, but it is still disappointing because of the price tag.

Yes, certain of the creature companions have bugged abilities that will show 0 damage in the tooltip. They still deal damage, but in the case of the already mentioned Bogstalker for example it also means that its designated jump attack to instantly engage an enemy is not working as intended and it will only fly slowely from one target to the next. Which in turn makes it a much worse dps companion than a regular one.

There are other bugs, like for example some of the creature companions occasionally getting their play dead social ability stuck in the quickcast bar blocking other abilities or the big ones like the Wampa and the Nathema Voreclaw to have an increased activation time threshold before using their abilities. All in all there are many inconsistencies and bugs and BioWare has never corrected them for several years now. As it stands now they are only really good for the flavor of having a creature running around with you, but they are not particularly good combat companions overall.

Edited by Phazonfreak

You just stumbled upon the very bugged and lackluster creature and droid companions from the Cartel Market. To answer your questions:

Yes, delicacies are the only gifts that you can use to increase the level of creature companions, except of course buying the item from the Conquest vendor or the Cartel Market that will make any companion insta 50. With one bugged exception. The Wampa has the gift template of a regular soldier companion like Felix Iresso, so it will accept military equipment and the likes as gifts. The devs never fixed this bug.

Yes, creature and droid companions can not be used for any of the Crew skills and are only usable for combat. It does make sense somehow if you think about the fact that your flying and clawed Bogstalker cannot construct a lightsaber hilt for you, but it is still disappointing because of the price tag.

Yes, certain of the creature companions have bugged abilities that will show 0 damage in the tooltip. They still deal damage, but in the case of the already mentioned Bogstalker for example it also means that its designated jump attack to instantly engage an enemy is not working as intended and it will only fly slowely from one target to the next. Which in turn makes it a much worse dps companion than a regular one.

There are other bugs, like for example some of the creature companions occasionally getting their play dead social ability stuck in their quickcast bar or the big ones like the Wampa and the Nathema Voreclaw to have an increased activation time threshold before using their abilities. All in all there are many inconsistencies and bugs and BioWare has never corrected them for several years now. As it stands now they are only really good for the flavor of having a creature running around with you, but they are not good combat companions overall.

thanks!.. so if i read you correctly.. the zero damages are TYPOS.. and damage IS being done... it does make sense about the inability to craft.. but like you said.. its weird to have to pay more for less (since the 'free' ones earned in the game almost all do crafting)..

i assume i can use Mawvorr for all 3 disciplines.. even though when you get him the vendor seems to strongly suggest Mawvorr is only good at damage...

at least the descriptions for him as a healer are correct.. and have not looked at tank yet.. hehe

thanks again! :)

Mawworr is a creature....so im not sure if he can do tasks. I dont have him so someone can correct me on that one. The damage thing i also have no idea on.

Hope this helps with the influence.

https://swtorista.com/companion/mawvorr

Correct to a point. Creatures cannot do any crafting but they can (or at least my Nexu can) gather but crafting nope and cannot be sent out on tasks either.

not being able to craft always made sense... i just asked since there are other issues and just wanted to be sure that wasn't another one..

the issue that prompted me to post was the description for his damage abilities saying they do ZERO damage... even in Damage mode... hehe.. and i wanted to know if this was true or just a typo...

i submitted a ticket... the response was he could not tell me if Mawvorr does damage or not with the spells that say zero damage (huh?)... but he did give me a good idea... so i went to a practice dummy and sent Mawvorr to hit in while he is in Damage mode.. and he does damage... and it looks like ok damage too..

so it is a typo...

note in Tank mode this is also true for some of the damage abilities...