Not new, it's just been awhile

Gavonau

Hi all,

Returning player from the old days. I was primarily a PVP'er, but dabbled in PVE. Anywho, I was trying to decide which of my lvl 50-55 classes I should pick up... either Warrior/Knight or Assassin. Everything has changed, but are there further changes to any of the force wielding classes in the next expansion that could/should influence my decision?

In the meantime I'm leveling up a Sorc for funsies until I decide.

I also read that PVP gear is or will be gone. Sad :(

Hi all,

Returning player from the old days. I was primarily a PVP'er, but dabbled in PVE. Anywho, I was trying to decide which of my lvl 50-55 classes I should pick up... either Warrior/Knight or Assassin. Everything has changed, but are there further changes to any of the force wielding classes in the next expansion that could/should influence my decision?

In the meantime I'm leveling up a Sorc for funsies until I decide.

I also read that PVP gear is or will be gone. Sad :(

PvP gear with Expertise is long gone. However, with 7.0 (promised for mid-Feb) there will be PvP-specific gear, though with some twist (not the same as having Expertise.)

Given we're 4 weeks from 7.0 which is going to change a lot of things, I'd recommend playing through with some existing characters without committing to any one of them at this point. Characters newly created in 7.0 have an advantage over existing characters, so I'd wait on new character creation as well.

PvP gear with Expertise is long gone. However, with 7.0 (promised for mid-Feb) there will be PvP-specific gear, though with some twist (not the same as having Expertise.)

Given we're 4 weeks from 7.0 which is going to change a lot of things, I'd recommend playing through with some existing characters without committing to any one of them at this point. Characters newly created in 7.0 have an advantage over existing characters, so I'd wait on new character creation as well.

Gotcha. Well I'm glad there is still PVP gear. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I'll play before committing like you said. Thanks for the heads up!