The grind for social points...

TheRandomWolf

I know that most people don't really care about Social Points, but I really like some of the items that you can unlock with them. Sadly, it takes a really long time to get to a certain level. A friend and I have been questing together like hell, using Social Boosts and even running Flashpoints and we're still nowhere near Level III. We know that the more people a party has, the bigger the social points are. That is true but we are unable to find anyone else who'd be willing to join us. This community is arguably quiet when it comes to group-content.

Is there a way for us to get more social points? We really want an item that is sold by one of these vendors.

I know that most people don't really care about Social Points, but I really like some of the items that you can unlock with them. Sadly, it takes a really long time to get to a certain level. A friend and I have been questing together like hell, using Social Boosts and even running Flashpoints and we're still nowhere near Level III. We know that the more people a party has, the bigger the social points are. That is true but we are unable to find anyone else who'd be willing to join us. This community is arguably quiet when it comes to group-content.

Is there a way for us to get more social points? We really want an item that is sold by one of these vendors.

Sadly, there is no other way to get social points. Part of what makes that so annoying us that it takes you so long to reach the social level for some of the things you want to get that by the time you get to that level you may not be playing that toon for much longer anyways and you are well beyond a level normally associated with doing that level of content that provides social points.

I never realized how long it actually took to reach the highest social level until I was already very close to max social level, if you want something that you need the highest social levels to get right from the onset, yeah, it takes a stupidly long amount of time and grinding like a mofo the same FPs over and over again. Not fun.

Your best bet for earning social points and some general tips I seem to recall but can't swear to now because it's been so long -

Esseles/Black Talon - best bang for your social points buck.

With high lvl players and spacebaring through the lvl 10 flashpoints you can get 150+ points in under 20 minutes.

There just isn't any other method anywhere in the game that can compare to that rate, even lvling with a partner with world quests can't compare to the sheer speed.

You get points on the initial conversation and on turn in, so hang on for those.

some conversation choices may lead to additional conversation options

You only receive Social Points or Light/Dark Side Points during conversations at the END of the mission itself, so any options you choose or rolled for during the missions will be tallied up and awarded when you finish the mission itself.

Hope this helps some.

Sadly, there is no other way to get social points. Part of what makes that so annoying us that it takes you so long to reach the social level for some of the things you want to get that by the time you get to that level you may not be playing that toon for much longer anyways and you are well beyond a level normally associated with doing that level of content that provides social points.

I never realized how long it actually took to reach the highest social level until I was already very close to max social level, if you want something that you need the highest social levels to get right from the onset, yeah, it takes a stupidly long amount of time and grinding like a mofo the same FPs over and over again. Not fun.

Your best bet for earning social points and some general tips I seem to recall but can't swear to now because it's been so long -

Esseles/Black Talon - best bang for your social points buck.

With high lvl players and spacebaring through the lvl 10 flashpoints you can get 150+ points in under 20 minutes.

There just isn't any other method anywhere in the game that can compare to that rate, even lvling with a partner with world quests can't compare to the sheer speed.

You get points on the initial conversation and on turn in, so hang on for those.

some conversation choices may lead to additional conversation options

You only receive Social Points or Light/Dark Side Points during conversations at the END of the mission itself, so any options you choose or rolled for during the missions will be tallied up and awarded when you finish the mission itself.

Hope this helps some.

The Black Talon doesn't seem to be available on the Group Finder...

No mention yet of a guild in this thread. Join an active guild, increase grouping opportunities.

Yep the guilds are a great way for social points when you do group content. I do Operations several times per week and even a brand new insta-70 made social III in a short time. Run the social boost and it's even faster.