Group finder should be fixed for 7.0 or following

I know they made group finder not require a specific role set up because it takes many DPS people a long time to find a group, but this creates several problems. Frankly, not having roles creates groups that just don't work properly. Sure, if everyone is high level, it works well enough. But as someone who prefers playing tank or healer, it still sucks not having the corresponding role in a group. And if the group has levelling people in it, then the group simply doesn't function in anything other than the easiest flashpoints like, hammer station. For levelling, I am sick and tired of only playing like 2 or 3 flashpoints over and over again.

Here's the other problem with group finder as it is, it simply does not encourage people to learn how this game works. I've seen way too many lvl 75 DPS's who have no idea how to function within a group and mess things up royally! I happens with a proper group finder too, but not nearly as bad as I've seen in this game.

As it is, I hate using group finder and would love to see it fixed.

Either way, I do plan on getting into master mode flashpoints soon, but don't know how many people use it?

I know they made group finder not require a specific role set up because it takes many DPS people a long time to find a group, but this creates several problems. Frankly, not having roles creates groups that just don't work properly. Sure, if everyone is high level, it works well enough. But as someone who prefers playing tank or healer, it still sucks not having the corresponding role in a group.

Either way, I do plan on getting into master mode flashpoints soon, but don't know how many people use it?

Group Finder doesn't need to be "fixed" simply because it doesn't work the way you thought it would. The lack of "roles" in VM flashpoints is exactly why the FPs are 'tuned' the way they are.

So yes, if you want proper roles, do Master Mode. You'll find that, generally speaking, MM is not much different than VM, except that there are no 'koltos'** and some tank-specific mechanics are back, often involving proper position of the boss.

Also some other general mechanics are in place. For example, the final boss in Cademimu uses the 'shackles' which are absent from VM.

** Oddly, some kickable koltos still function in Manaan MM.

Edited by JediQuaker

I know they made group finder not require a specific role set up because it takes many DPS people a long time to find a group, but this creates several problems. Frankly, not having roles creates groups that just don't work properly. Sure, if everyone is high level, it works well enough. But as someone who prefers playing tank or healer, it still sucks not having the corresponding role in a group. And if the group has levelling people in it, then the group simply doesn't function in anything other than the easiest flashpoints like, hammer station. For levelling, I am sick and tired of only playing like 2 or 3 flashpoints over and over again.

Here's the other problem with group finder as it is, it simply does not encourage people to learn how this game works. I've seen way too many lvl 75 DPS's who have no idea how to function within a group and mess things up royally! I happens with a proper group finder too, but not nearly as bad as I've seen in this game.

As it is, I hate using group finder and would love to see it fixed.

Roles have nothing to do with having only a few flashpoints popping from group finder. Reasons for the same flashpoints over and over again are these:

- there is a low level player in queue, they only have a few easy ones on the list they can play, HS being one of them

- someone's farming 306 gear by selecting only HS forcing everyone else in the queue to join his farmfest

- people who are too lazy to learn how to play only queue for the easy ones, forcing everyone else in the queue to join their run

I would also like to see GF fixed, but making roles mandatory doesn't change it. Removing deserter lockout would help. Putting farmers into their own queue would also help. But even those can't fix the players who can't be bothered to learn how to play.

- there is a low level player in queue, they only have a few easy ones on the list they can play, HS being one of them

- someone's farming 306 gear by selecting only HS forcing everyone else in the queue to join his farmfest

- people who are too lazy to learn how to play only queue for the easy ones, forcing everyone else in the queue to join their run.

It's worth noting that you can deselect FPs you don't want to do from the list. This reduces the 'rewards' but not that much.

I generally have Hammer Station and KDY deselected (in VM).

To deselect the FPs, open GF and click on Veteran Mode. In the lower right of the window should be a number such as 27/27. Click on that and a list of FPs will pop up where you can select which ones you want to queue for. (There's also a check box for "join a group in progress")

Group Finder doesn't need to be "fixed" simply because it doesn't work the way you thought it would. The lack of "roles" in VM flashpoints is exactly why the FPs are 'tuned' the way they are.

So yes, if you want proper roles, do Master Mode. You'll find that, generally speaking, MM is not much different than VM, except that there are no 'koltos'** and some tank-specific mechanics are back, often involving proper position of the boss.

Also some other general mechanics are in place. For example, the final boss in Cademimu uses the 'shackles' which are absent from VM.

** Oddly, some kickable koltos still function in Manaan MM.

So new players are supposed to queue for master mode (doesn't fix the problem here.) or do pre-made groups just to experience the Flashpoint right? Don't tell me this system isn't toxic, it is. Again, no successful mmo allows exploits like these to remain in their game. I can find example after example of blizzard fixing exploits like these in their flasbpoints throughout every expansion.

I don't get why BW is changing up the gearing system and messing with other unwanted changes when they should be fixing the game - this would be a good starting point. If you don't want people exploiting your gearing mechanics, then fix the flashpoints - the number one way to get geared right now and will still be a main way to get semi geared before operations in 7.0.

Oh wait, 7.0 only caters to raiders... I guess keep all the broken content right? Keep broken flashpoints because the best gear comes from raids. So done with this game and it's toxic community.

So new players are supposed to queue for master mode (doesn't fix the problem here.) or do pre-made groups just to experience the Flashpoint right? Don't tell me this system isn't toxic, it is. Again, no successful mmo allows exploits like these to remain in their game. I can find example after example of blizzard fixing exploits like these in their flasbpoints throughout every expansion.

What the **** are you blathering about? What exploits? How is the lack of 'roles' in VM an exploit?

New players are meant to do flashpoints in story mode and then move on to Veteran Mode.

VM is designed to not require a "trinity". In VM you are meant to take the time and effort to learn your class and 'role'. VM also serves to help you learn to use your own defensive skills and self-heals, so you don't run around expecting the healer to do all the work of saving you. (Things go easier in MM if the players have learned to assist the healer in keeping themselves alive. 🙂 )

• 2 weeks later...
Group Finder doesn't need to be "fixed" simply because it doesn't work the way you thought it would. .

Just because it's working "as intended" doesn't make it a good system. However I don't think the scaling of Veteran dungeons has ever worked correctly and queueing up in bad team comps into these very unbalanced instances is a terrible experience for new players. The general complacency to these VM issues is a bit mind boggling to me.

Just because it's working "as intended" doesn't make it a good system. However I don't think the scaling of Veteran dungeons has ever worked correctly and queueing up in bad team comps into these very unbalanced instances is a terrible experience for new players. The general complacency to these VM issues is a bit mind boggling to me.

The complacency is mainly because, after a few attempts at GF VM, most people realize that it actually works quite well, and they stop complaining about it. 😏

The complacency is mainly because, after a few attempts at GF VM, most people realize that it actually works quite well, and they stop complaining about it. 😏

It works as a coping strategy for healers not actually being able to take a full healing role like they can in... every other mmo. Through no fault of their own. And it works if you queue a certain few VM that don't have completely ****ed scaling. it doesn't work as a well designed and well implemented feature. GW2 doesn't even have trinity and their healers can heal more successfully than a fresh healer can in GF VM. So if the goal is for anyone who likes playing main healer to bounce off this game as a new player, because their complaints don't matter, then sure it works "quite well".

Actually, Veteran Mode flashpoints can be very hard on a healer if the other 3 are all squishy DPS. In some cases though, it just means that the healer has to be willing to use the koltos for assistance. Some healers seem to think that using the koltos is somehow "un-healery", but as I mentioned, it can take extra healing to keep 3 squishy DPS alive - especially if they don't use their defensive skills.

A learning experience all around. 🙂

• 2 months later...

Those of us that are lower level then 50 get the quest and tutorial to do a GF random, but then tells us we are ineligible for them. Came back cause new patch and wanted to play. Come to find out I can't even use one of the most important things I used back when I played for a bit a year ago.

----

Veteran ones are fine for GF if those who want the harder version for better reward. But GF is now rendered useless for new players or anyone with a low enough character even when the game clearly wants you to participate and enjoy things with others. Guess we will have to stick to PvP...