Assassin Animations vs. Shadow Animations

Lanajay

So I've been playing since launch. One of my first chars was the SA - deception and darkness . I hadn't played it in a while. One of my recent play throughs was the (JS) hadow - infiltration. I really enjoyed to animations and it felt like it made sense: little reduncy and over all fun to watch/play. Once I hopped back on my SA, playing deception I felt like the animations weren't to pat. Spike and assassinate are identical and otherwise the animations are exactly what the JS has. Playing through other classes (legendary player) it just irks me that I'm playing a 'shock' factor shadow with, as I said, redundant animations that aren't as fitting as the Shadow. Does anyone else feel this way? I'm sure with the upcoming expansion the animations can skew lightside but very little feels unique in this aspect.

I actually felt the other way and thought that the Shadow Infiltration animations had something lacking compared to the Sith Assassin's Deception - especially the difference between shadow technique and surging charge. Force breach doesn't feel as fun to use as discharge for me. Also, assassinate and spike are completely separate abilities that look nothing alike. Assassinate looks exactly the same as the shadow's spinning strike - because they are the same ability, but nothing like spike. Assassin and Shadow do share the most amount of abilities of any class and it is most noticeable between infiltration and deception, but the theme of the animations at least are different. One uses force stuff while the other uses lightning.

Redact Assassinate I was in a rush: Maul was the ability I meant . Force breach is definitely lack luster compared to Discharge I agree there. I became saturated while playing shadow and came back to my SA expecting a more unique animation SET. Though the shock and awe is nice, I feel like the melee abilities could be more distinct compared to shadow. It made my SA play through KotET feel like a carbon copy of my shadow play through. The VA for SI is MUCH better though imo which softened the blow.

I've really enjoyed the female consular voice acting but yeah, inquisitor male and female voice actors rock.

Maul is a bit similar but still different enough to spike imo. With maul you stab forward in a thrust, with spike you practically pull the target into the air and shunt them onto the ground with your lightsaber. Spike is one of my fav abilities in the game so I'm a little biased :D

It would be nice if maul and shadow strike got slightly different animations, same for thrash/double strike and their replacement abilities. Lightning/force ball are different enough for me despite having the same whirling lightsaber animation. I feel like the Assassin abilities should have a more brutal feeling to them like spike does, while the shadow is more of an elegant combatant.