Does anybody do HM/NiM Ops anymore?

jobuck

I've recently returned to the game after nearly 5 years away. When I last played tons of guilds still seemed to be raiding consistently w/ HM/NiM ops night in and night out. I was in 3 separate raid groups alone (I had a lot of time on my hands) but nowadays I feel like people only do Flashpoints over and over and over.....and "EVF"... what does that even mean!? What happened to the days of competition or when getting a full set of the best gear, or a cool title, or just getting achievement alone for that matter, was (for some) the most *fun* to do with your team? Is there anybody or any guilds out there that still raid like this? Because I have not seen anything about ops or progression at all whether it be on the forums or in game chat, it almost feels like I'm playing a different game.

I think, generally, most people have been focusing on conquest which before the 6.1 patch was all about the Eternity Vault farm (EVF) to win planet invasion. Quarentine has prompted a TON of old players (myself included) to get back into the game so things may pick back up progression wise as characters are level capped and re-geared. For example, the guild I joined was resussitated after 3 years of being dead and is working toward getting a solid ops group going. SM ops happen every day and HM 3+ times a week to gear people up and relearn the fights, eventual goal is to get into NiM. . So it's not dead, just harder to find people that want to run that content for the challenge and not just farm easy conquest for a loot bag (which is what the PUG groups in fleet chat seem to be doing) and many of us that are returning have a lot to catch up on.