Why I won't talk to/interact with other players in game

Chiagreens

I am a returning player, and previous attempts to interact with the other players were met with such hostility and, for lack of a better term, dickitry, that I reached the point of telling someone "This is why I don't talk to other players", and I haven't since, even on my new account, which is just over a month old.

I get that its a thing to stalk/watch/otherwise harass new players, whether for recruitment purposes, because they feel some kind of need to provide a "starwars experience" or whatever else the reason, that is not particularly relevant to my stance here. Quite simply, I find its better not to talk to anyone ever than to be treated like garbage for no apparent reason.

Rather than list my negative experiences on here, which might be construed as insulting other players, I offer this thread in lieu of any other manner of introduction. Here's what you'll need to know about me:

- I don't want to get caught up in your role-play world.

- I don't want to discuss real life with you.

- I have joined factions on a few of my characters and will make reasonable effort to do faction things, excepting that I refuse to use any third-party applications, to include Discord, Facebook, Teamspeak, and IRC.

- My gender, sexual preference, religion, race, and etc. are none of your business, although my religion would probably consider you a heathen. I play a variety of characters, but none of them will talk to or interact with you in game except by mail. Feel free to assume that I am asexual, in that I either reproduce by mitosis, else that I am simply not attracted to anyone, or anything, to include but not limited to men, women, alien species, and animals.

- To date nobody, has bothered mailing me (excepting poorly-disguised ads trying to get me to buy credits from a 3rd-party site which are admittedly more infrequent than the last time I played), preferring to stalk and run up on me. I do not respond well to that.

- I am not particularly interested in making sure that my characters remain clothed should I choose to replay a chapter of KOTFE. I do not think Telos Drellick looks particularly hawt in shorts.

- I am nearsighted, and its difficult for me to read the tiny chatbox words. The few times I have made that effort, leaning into the screen and straining my eyes in order to read the tiny letters, I was rewarded for my efforts with the aforementioned dickitry. I stopped doing it. I came to half-assed play the game because I enjoy it, and I have decided I don't enjoy reading your words. (Due to the failings of the English language, please note that the preceding "your" is plural, and intended to reflect my interactions with this community as a whole, not you specifically.

- I understand and accept that basically everyone else in this game can make characters better/faster than me. I don't care in the slightest. If you want to continue wasting time demonstrating the fact, feel free, but it accomplishes nothing.

- I understand and accept that I will probably be kicked from ops and group flashpoints because I tend not to play the way I'm "supposed to", and I don't work well with others normally.

- I am a solipsist paranoiac, and probably not worth talking to anyway, so please take this as a boon.

The question might be raised: Why then, do you play an MMORPG like this one, and reject our community almost in its entirety?

This is a fair question, and the answer is: I played the original games enough to want to continue playing them, despite having bought several copies of them, and wearing out the play disc. I enjoy the storylines, the graphics, the NPC interactions, and so on. I choose this as my play-style because its how I have fun playing this game.

I hope this will be respected, as I mean no disrespect or insult to anyone, and those I might be otherwise tempted to disrespect I simply place on ignore. So far, only one player has met those criterion outside of the buy zennys from our site ads via in-game mail.. I ignore spammers and scammers, or people who choose to insult me.

TL;DR: I don't want to talk to or get to know you outside of guild chat or in-game mails. If you come up on me and attack something I'm attacking I will stand there and stare until it becomes awkward. If you attempt to scam/insult/belittle me, I will ignore you. This introduction is provided as a concession to the well-meaning members of the community, whom I have probably ran away from or ignored for the above reasons that you couldn't be bothered to read anyway, which is why you went for the synopsis.

Well, there we go. I can't say I'm particularly motivated to read the responses to my introduction here, but I may periodically, so if you'd like to respond to this apology for my in-game behaviour, or return the introduction, please feel free to do so in this thread, else mail me in game. My main is Eemieown Mors.though I am currently working on all the classes. I do not tend to display my legacy surname in game, but that's what it is.

On a final note, if you want to make fun of me in General Chat, feel free, I have all chats but guild off. If you'd like to belittle me, feel free to do so in PVP, but please don't *** over my corpse when you win. That is all.

• 2 weeks later...
I went thru that phase too so what I do now is shower the community with opportunities, and don't get distracted with petty teen pride. Refusing to reply is a safe way to maintain the integrity of your style of play and I personally can appreciate that. So next you should experience a player like no other, then you will get involved a bit, you will find behind most statements is a helping person that cant quite express niceness, it is a difficult thing for some. So I say heads up stand strong and play the way you want to, and I'm sure you do!!!

someone turned his butt hurt meter" up to 10 or something, that is the only justification I can guess upon for this cry fest essay.

hate to say in dude but when you write garbage like this, you will get colorful comments and a wide arrangement of intentions directed your way.

• 3 weeks later...