Can't Chat

AmreshS

I only started playing SWTOR in the past 2 months or so. When I first started I joined a random guild and now want to leave. But when I type /gquit (I was told that how to leave a guild) I can't actually send it. I then tried to type just a random message but once again it wouldn't send. I have never used chat so I might have done something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

You gave very little info to go on, so, we start with the basics ....

Do you have the chat box enabled and is it visible on your screen? (If not, make sure it's enabled in Interface Editor and it's not minimized -small triangle on left of screen. )

If you click on the chat box's input line, do you get a flashing cursor?

Edited by JediQuaker

Thanks for replying and sorry for the limited information. This is my first time doing something like this.

I can see the chatbox and other players talking, I can write in the chat line but when I press "Enter" to send the message in chat it doesn't send. It just remains in the chat line. However, when I click on the chat text input line my cursor isn't flashing it remains the same. Hope that gave you a bit more info.

EDIT: I found out what was wrong. For some reason my key bindings were changed. Thank you for offering your assistance though.

Edited by AmreshS

EDIT: I found out what was wrong. For some reason my key bindings were changed. Thank you for offering your assistance though.

Thanks for coming back and telling us what the problem was. As I read your second post, I was staring to wonder if you had a wonky keybind, so thanks for confirming my suspicions.