Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mounting is not increasing movement speed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server > Bug Reports
Mounting is not increasing movement speed.

FumblesPhD
07.11.2021 , 11:41 AM | #1
When I mount, despite the character having been granted speeder piloting ranks, the character proceeds to move about at normal running speeds along the ground while inside the vehicle.

FumblesPhD
07.11.2021 , 12:15 PM | #2
Perhaps related to this,
When I try to activate and channel the cast to summon the vehicle while moving (something that I can ordinarily do on live), I get the error: "Cannot Do That While Moving".

Did the means in which the summon vehicle ability gets 'called' change? There are two apparent bugs:
1) Movement speed is not enhanced by summoned vehicles
2) Summon Vehicle can no longer be channeled while moving

Ramalina
07.11.2021 , 04:15 PM | #3
Technically not a bug.

Speeder skill levels: 2, 3, 4, and 5 are not currently implemented on the PTS. The lack of implementation might be a bug, but speeder skill level 1 is correctly operating as it does on live.

Puzzled me at first too.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

phalczen
07.12.2021 , 01:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FumblesPhD View Post
Perhaps related to this,
When I try to activate and channel the cast to summon the vehicle while moving (something that I can ordinarily do on live), I get the error: "Cannot Do That While Moving".

2) Summon Vehicle can no longer be channeled while moving
this is a legacy unlock and we don't have any legacy levels on PTS. Its why Quick Travel has a 6 minutes cooldown and Emergency Fleet Pass has a one hour cooldown, like in the olden days.

But yeah I can confirm that movement speed increase from mounts is broken. What's ironic is that the Kurtob Alliance speeder is supposed to have a minimum of 110% increase regardless of speeder piloting, and its not working at all.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

grimdeaths
08.28.2021 , 06:01 PM | #5
i have found the curse bug it's the level boost it auto trains all skills but bugs the mount speed sum-how it's classing as you did not buy mount speed but if you get to level 10 buy mount speed your self it works normal same if you get legacy rank 2 you can buy it on a level 1 and it will work normal but as soon as you use the pts level boost your mount speed is removed and you do have legacy unlocks you just have to play through the original story to start them

bryanskrantz
09.01.2021 , 05:17 AM | #6
Mount speed does not increase for Guardian even when riding the boosted mount The rest of it is working as intended on the other classes. Please enable Speeder Boost 1-5 for proper testing. Thanks.

Sarova
10.14.2021 , 01:50 PM | #7
Intended to test out the Juggernaut tonight, but could not be arsed testing as mount speed for Juggernauts stays at slower-than-running even after using the terminal to get the mount for PTS (I copied over my level 75 character). I thought this was supposed to be fixed? Seriously. Really annoyed that I wasted the space to download the patch now.

Edit 1: yet rocket boost is working correctly

Edit 2: This bug seems to only affect Juggernauts. Also copied over my powertech - no problems with the mount speed.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi